• Deadmau5 hypes new LP: “It’s the first one I’d even call an album”
• Banks to release debut album Goddess on September 8th
• Worthy will Disbehave
• Movement announce London and North American Dates
This week the second massive dance compilation from Global AIDS Fund organization (RED) was released, with many of dance music’s biggest names coming together to add their tracks and remixes to an album whose profits go towards helping end the AIDS epidemic around the world.
Dance (RED): Save Lives 2 sees the likes of big-league names like Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris, R3hab, Tommy Trash, Benny Benassi, Tiesto and Deadmau5, along with a fine selection of trendsetters like Jesse Rose, Kaytranada, Gorgon City, Baauer and RL Grime.
PURCHASE THE COMPILATION ON ITUNES
You can stream more of the tracks + check the full tracklist after the jump.
Last week Deadmau5 got the internets all astir when he announced he would be leaving twitter for good, and in the same breath dropped a few previews of his up and coming tracks on soundcloud. While we mourn the loss of one of our favorite twitter personalities, we can’t wait to get a listen to what Joel has in store. Lucky for us LEVI seemed to be one of the few who got a jump on the mau5’s “Drop the Poptart” preview and produced one hell of a bootleg.
• Deadmau5 explains his departure from Twitter on his Tumblr
• Watch the video for David Bowie – ‘Love is Lost’ (James Murphy Remix)
• Listen to Sampha‘s new track, “Happens”
• Jerome LOL announces debut solo EP, shares lead track
Forever Kid are back at it again, and with each release they step it up a notch and continue to hit the mark. Every new remix is a fresh blast of cold air to the face, boldly doing whatever they want to classics that most up and comers wouldn’t dare touch, and that’s really the idea here. This remix is no exception, an artful splash of their tuned up aesthetic perfectly courting the familiar sonic stage; here’s its their signature “dream come true” overflow of retro snyths on top of Ce Ce’s powerhouse pipes. Always over the top in just the right dose, I find myself hitting the loop for a listen or ten on whatever I find in my inbox from them.
Also, got more info this week on the creation of the Forever Kid helmet and their ongoing collaboration with street legend Annie Preece on the design, to finally be built by the mau5head-maker himself.
• Deadmau5 weighs in (again) on the state of EDM
• Stream the debut album from Nicolas Jaar’s Darkside project
• James Murphy to remix David Bowie on expanded The Next Day edition
• The Martinez Brothers throw down classics on their Essential Mix debut
• Deadmau5 building a new tour for 2014
• Check Out Todd Terje‘s ‘Essential Mix’
• Culture Fires releases free EP
• Burning Man increases capacity
This week’s Dirt comes courtesy of the lovely Laura D and myself, Toks. We’re here to bring you the latest and greatest in everything from NU-K Garage to Dubstep and everything in between. Load up on some fresh tracks for the weekend, you know you’ll need it.
• Deadmau5 hypes 2013 live show: “All I can say is, holy f*ck”
• Listen: Julio Bashmore and Hyetal team up for new Velour track
• Jackmaster, Monki, Salva, and Brodinski join In New DJs We Trust Roster
• TV company behind Jersey Shore launches EDM Reality Show
• Here we go again: DJ Shadow kicked off decks in Miami
• Deadmau5 and Kat Von D get engaged via Twitter
• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Pional‘s Remix of The xx
• Stafford Brothers join Cash Money Records