• Jonas Rathsman Jumpstarts Disclosure’s New Label
• IMS Engage Announces First Two Pairings, Returns To W Hollywood For Third Year on April 15, 2015
• Dauwd Details Upcoming EP for Kompakt
• Bonobo Announces ‘Flashlight’ EP for Ninja Tune, Shares Title Track
• Kill Frenzy “All Night Long / No Panties” Single Available Now, Preview Debut Album “Taylr Swft” Out on dirtybird November 3rd
• Listen to Dauwd‘s Upcoming 12″ for Kompakt in Full
Hi, I’m Laura. A few of you may know me as the discreetly evident “little sis” of the GDD family, but it’s my great pleasure to announce that my newest sisterly duty is helping my lovely bros out with content. Now that Gotta Dance Dirty has a little bit of girl power up on the site (shouts to Tamara & Olyvia…) I figure it’s time to hold things down by presenting my own unique weekly content. Enter Science Sundays. Myself being a mega science-buff (ie: nerd) I’ve always been fascinated by the way both chemicals and music can alter your brain state. Pretty magical stuff, right? They don’t call music a drug for nothing…
Each weekend, I’ll be focusing on one substance and its general effects on the body, but much more importantly I’ll be including a few of my favorite jams that go hand in hand in enhancing or defining the way that particular substance makes you feel.
To kick off the first round of Science Sundays, we’ve got perhaps my all-time favorite neurotransmitter: Oxytocin. Read more & check out the tunes that are reminiscent of the “love hormone” after the jump!