• New Daft Punk Artwork Appears
• Beatport bought out by entertainment giants SFX
• Creamfields UK announces blockbuster 2013 lineup
• Goldie Talks New Album, ‘EDM’ and His Bass-Devoted Life
• Phil Gerus Releases Rainy On The Bright Side EP via Symbols Recordings
• Daft Punk leave EMI for Columbia and confirm fourth album
• 231 declared dead after nightclub fire in Brazil
• Addison Groove makes a trip to North America
• Life and Death US Tour
• Daft Punk not touring in 2013?
• Eats Everything‘s ‘stolen’ property returned
• Listen: Jamie xx Remixes Coexist‘s “Sunset”
• Wakarusa 2013 Lineup: Round One
• AlunaGeorge reveal further album details, drop new song
Last week, we went into the deep with a special Day Zero edition of our guest mix series from Fur Coat. We now have the Parisian up and comer, Uppermost, on deck with an hour of tasteful French electro. He brings a spiced-up Justice-like sound along with a more disco influenced flavor to keep things varied and fresh. Keep in mind that Uppermost will be releasing a new album soon, so let this mix serve as a warm-up for more great music to come.
TRACKLIST AFTER THE JUMP!
Welcome to Vol. 5 of our weekly feature here at Gotta Dance Dirty™ : The Weekly Mix up .Every Friday we post a new selection of mixes from around the world. Some new, some old, and some GDD™ Exclusive. So whether you’re powering through your last day at the office or prepping for a weekend night out, check back here every Friday… Ya never know what is going to end up in The Mix Up!
This week in The Mix: Bassnectar releases his newest ear drum pleaser, our very own ///Bones shows you the deeper side of house music, up and comer Justin Jay does a GDD™ guest mix & Daft Punk throws it down like its 1997.
This might be the best giveaway we’ve ever had. One of the world’s leading music companies, EMI, is launching a multi-platform campaign this month highlighting the development of Dance Music over the past 5 decades, and part of their Electrospective project includes two album releases: the first featuring a 15-track compilation difficultly summing up 50 years of the genre (with tracks from Brian Eno to Soul II Soul to Gorillaz), and the second collating 11 rare remixes from EMI artists.
To celebrate the release on October 9th, EMI is giving away a MASSIVE package to one GDD™ reader including:
• 1 Electrospective album
• 1 Electrospective remix album (A collection of rare electronic mixes)
• 1 VINYL bundle with the following titles:
- Daft Punk – Daft Club [Import]
- Daft Punk – Homework [Import]
- David Bowie (UK) – John, I’m Only Dancing 7″ [Import]
- Duran Duran – Duran Duran [Import]
- Hot Chip – Made In The Dark [Import]
- LCD Soundsystem – LCD Soundsystem [Import]
- LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver [Import]
- LCD Soundsystem – This Is Happening [Import]
- Massive Attack – Blue Lines [Import]
- Massive Attack – Protection [Import]
- The Chemical Bros. – Exit Planet Earth [Import]
Information on how to win after the jump! Continue Reading
Good morning! Today’s stories include Nile Rodgers on the new Daft Punk, the Made in America Festival Lineup, a new Disclosure Mix + Interview, and the Pet Shop Boys album details.
Happy Friday! Today’s news features Daft Punk, Boys Noize, A Guy Called Gerald, Dubspot + Ableton free trials, Decibel Festival, Aphex Twin, M83, Live Nation, and John Tejada. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! Today’s news includes Thomas Bangalter, Kaskade, Carl Cox, Digitalism, Wynn + Ultra, and an editorial on America and Dance Music. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! Today’s news features Daft Punk, Avicii, Excision, M83, Mr. Oizo, & Scuba. Please read on after the jump!