It’s time for the weekend – and what better way to kick it off with a special HARD edition of The Dirt, bringing you (15) tracks to pump all the way through. We welcome the HARD bossman Destructo to the selection, along with his #2, mister D BELL himself and our very own BONES. Some of these you can download (where you see the DL link given), but some you just have to listen and wait because they’re either too good to be FREE or their quite frankily not even out yet. All in all, gems abound. Dig in, my weekend warriors.
Listen & Download (after the jump)
Last night, for the very first time, Disco legend and arguably the father of modern dance music, Giorgio Moroder, performed at the Output club in Brooklyn for the Red Bull Music Academy. Best known for his work with Donna Summer, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie and Daft Punk and scores for Scarface and Flashdance, Moroder drew hundreds out to BK for this landmark performance…and we were one of the lucky few who got to witness it first hand!
The anticipation for the new Daft Punk album was finally overflown last week with the itunes stream debuting and spreading like wildfire across the blogosphere. The SF disco dons WhiteNoize got their hands on a copy and made a great party blend of “Give Life Back To Music” with Ellie Goulding‘s melodic vocals from “Lights”. The outcome is a summer secret weapon similar to the crowd pleasing factor of Aeroplane vs. Flight Facilities – “I Crave Paris”, grab them both below!
There’s not a whole lotta info about up and coming producer, LEVI, aside from the fact that he’s French. There must be something in the water over there though because this Obligation EP is some dope shit. Driving beats mixed with Justice like grunge, progressive meodic synths and funky grooves amke this 3 track EP diverse and delicious. Take a listen below and make sure to grab it —> here!
Sweet, Sweet, disco nectar delivered strait to your door. This sun-kissed ultra funky mix mutates & cultivates the vibes of Tropicool‘s essence in the South Bay. Everything is in full bloom, the birds, bees, and the myrts feel it. The sand is warm and the micheladas are frosty. Poseidon is holding a conch shell to his ear, and the vibration station is starting to reverberate. Perv and swerve, because for this one, you’re meant to loose control while on cruise control.
Follow Tropicool On:
Exclusive Tracklisting After Jump
• Watch Daft Punk‘s ‘Random Access Memories Unboxed’
• Todd Edwards confirms BBC Essential Mix, with “help” from Daft Punk and Giorgio Moroder
• John Talabot Announces New Single
• Low End Theory to come to London
By now we all know the hype is real for Daft Punk‘s forthcoming album Random Access Memories. With all the remixes and bootlegs surfacing from the first single “Get Lucky,” our DTLA friend and chief of Prep School Recordings known as Dr. Fresch has chosen the scenic route and given us a vibey downtempo version of the interstellar classic “Something About Us.” Hop on this groove train quick
• Disclosure announce full details of debut album Settle: Jessie Ware, Jamie Woon and more feature
• Mad Decent announces Summer block party lineups
• Watch: Chilly Gonzales Previews the Melodies on Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories
• Pet Shop Boys unveil track from new album
• CBS Radio and Astralwerks launch nationwide search for best female DJ
• Daft Punk: Get Lucky feat Pharrell Williams
• VICE launches electronic dance music & culture channel Thump
• Koreless readies Yugen EP for Young Turks; stream the gorgeous ‘Sun’ now
• Twitter launches Twitter #Music, its much-talked about “music discovery” platform
• Watch Daft Punk’s album advert, featuring new music from the duo
• Tiesto confirms Las Vegas Residency
• Listen to sets from Ed Banger‘s 10th birthday
• Stream ‘Slasherr’, Rustie’s first single since breakthrough album Glass Swords