• ODESZA announces new album, In Return, out September 9th on Counter Records
• Crosstown Rebels Announce Day Zero 2015 – Watch Day Zero Rebel Rave Film
• Watch the video for Simian Mobile Disco‘s ‘Tangents’
• Listen to Azari & III‘s new EP on Get Physical’s YouTube
• Crosstown Rebels present Day Zero: Year One
• Anna Lunoe: “$1.45 is not a lot to pay for a song”
• Morgan Geist’s Storm Queen project and MK are set to be #1 in the UK singles chart
It’s hard to find someone in the Deep/Tech House scene that evokes emotion like vocalist Ali Love does. Gently straddling underground and Pop sensibilities, Ali Love provides deeper tracks with singalong capabilities, as evident in massive tunes like “Different Morals,” “Benediction,” and most recently, “Another” — his latest offering due out on Crosstown Rebels next Monday. The new single arrives with remixes from Chicago stalwart, Felix Da Housecat, and Gerd Janson and Phillip Lauer AKA Tuff City Kids, making for a solid EP that we hope to be a touchstone for his album due out in 2014.
• Simian Mobile Disco Readies New EP
• tINI, Crosstown Rebels and Hot Natured take home DJ Awards
• Watch: Flume makes a track with a lighter, robots, a tin can and more
• Soul Clap revisit Nice ‘N’ Ripe
REBELRAVE TV never disappoints!
Crosstown Rebels has enlisted T-E-E-D. to mix the Get Lost VI compilation, getting us very excited for perhaps our finest night of the summer, if not the year… GET LOST LA. Digging very deep, quirky, soulful, a very nice eclectic mix of treats and treasures– particularly the end of track #4, Axel Boman – Klinsmann. So cosmic.
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs released his first mix CD last week as the Get Lost VI compilation for Crosstown Rebels, featuring 2CDs, 32 tracks, and over 140 minutes of music. Debuting on this compilation is the new collaboration between Orlando (TEED) and Eats Everything titled “Lion, The Lion.” The new single, available only on Get Lost VI as of now, reaches into the Techno/Tech House world and is not immediately recognizable as something you’d usually hear from either of these UK producers. It’s gritty, spacey, and experimental; definitely an awesome synergy occurring here…
• Boys Noize plans to ‘Go Hard’
• Skream hits back: “I never said dubstep is dead”
• TEED steps up to mix Crosstown Rebels ‘Get Lost VI’
• James Murphy designing actual soundsystem; listen to his DJ set from DFA’s anniversary party
If you’re unfamiliar with Ali Love, then before diving further into this post, I’d suggest first listening to Benediction, last year’s unofficial feel-good anthem of the year. Ali switches over from the Hot Creations camp to the equally reputed Crosstown Rebels imprint for ‘Emperor’. The package includes a dub and two remixes, my favorite of which comes from Ellum front man Maceo Plex, who takes an otherwise good track and catapults it into the ‘timeless’ category. The release is slated for early March, just in time for many a WMC arsenal.
If you’re heading to Miami next month, one party that cannot be missed is Crosstown Rebels’ GET LOST event at the Electric Pickle. The top label is celebrating its 10th year in 2013, and they are pulling out all the stops for a massive all-day soiree in Downtown Miami. On top of the behemoth lineup, we’ve heard that some legendary special guests will be making an appearance for this one.
Buy tickets here. Continue Reading
• Coachella 2013 lineup revealed
• Ultra Music Festival Phase 2
• Crosstown Rebels Celebrates 10 Years with Global Tour
• Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, and More to Appear on ‘Dirtybird Players’
• Maor Levi Releases His Remix of The Killers
• Massive Attack announce live collaboration with documentary maker Adam Curtis