As the Indio dust is finally settling from two weeks of wind, heat and wild spirits across the polo fields, we look back at our favorite moments of this years Coachella Music Festival. With a staggering artist lineup each day making it almost impossible to catch every set we wanted to see, the most memorable performances are all that stand alone from such an incredible experience in the desert. Here are the “best of the fest” we have to give royalty to… Continue Reading
I couldn’t have imagined a better way to close out Coachella this year than by watching the Disclosure boys rock the Gobi Tent. Their blistering set was the perfect end to an amazing weekend. The set ended with two special guest vocalists, Jessie Ware on “Running” and Sam Smith on “Latch” (see below). No offense to the Red Hot Chili Peppers or Eric Prydz, but if you weren’t at Disclosure to close out the festival, you were doing it wrong.
Midway through their set, Disclosure announced that they were playing a new track off their upcoming album. The track turned out to be “You & Me” featuring Eliza Doolittle, and despite the fact that nobody in the crowd had heard the song before, it did little to deter them from cuttin’ some serious rug (or in this case, some serious grass). Check out “You & Me” below and get to steppin’.
• New single ‘You & Me’ available April 28th
• November UK Tour Announced! Pre-Sale details here: www.disclosureofficial.com
• Album featuring ‘Latch’, ‘White Noise’ and ‘You & Me’ available for pre order www.disclosureofficial.com
• The Album ‘Settle’ out June 3rd
• PMR Records
• Maya Jane Coles‘ debut album out July
• The Do LaB Does Coachella
• Catz ‘n Dogs and Martin Dawson to release album as Different Marks: stream the first track
• Diplo to produce “EDM craze” film
This year our favorite festival has a very special addition that we are all very excited to experience. The Yuma Stage is a new feature at Coachella that is stacked with some of the top DJs and legends of the deep house scene. To some this is probably everything you have dreamed of; while to others the names and the music might be unfamiliar. Not to worry though because I have crafted a mix that hopes to encapsulate the vibes played throughout the Yuma the next two weekends. Take a listen to prepare yourself for Coachella’s newest stage. It’s going to be a glorious two weeks!
Germany’s Paul Kalkbrenner will be making his Coachella debut this weekend on Sunday from 5-6PM in the Sahara Tent, so we wanted to rap with him for a quick bit about his thoughts on the festival, his love of silence, album-driven music, and more in this quickfire Coachella Q&A. If you’re not familiar with Paul, definitely make your way over to his set on Sunday and we promise you’ll have a good time. Interview below… Continue Reading
• Coachella Announces Set Times
• Electric Zoo Phase 1 Lineup—Main Stage West & Main Stage East Headliners Announced
• Watch James Blake‘s Video for “Overgrown”
• House talents Eats Everything and Justin Martin “30% there” on a full-length collaborative album
• Bomba Ibiza to host Vagabundos
It’s hard to believe that Coachella is now hours upon us. The annual desert frolic is one of our favorite festivals in the world, and lucky for us it’s right in our backyard. We have to commend Goldenvoice in a big way for this year’s bookings, as it seems like they’ve generally strayed from the widely acceptable cheesy bookings (like last year) and gone a bit more toward the edge. We at GDD™ have collectively come up with our top 5 picks per day, along with 3 honorable mentions as it was nearly impossible to only choose 5 acts. Check our must see list below, and we’ll see you out in the desert this weekend! Continue Reading
Southern California’s finest sun-drenched 3-day mega festival is right around the corner. We have all either heard the epic tales about the marvelous party in the desert, or better yet, experienced the magic ourselves. This year the lineup is tip-top, and we’re so excited to go dance around in the colorful desert with all of our friends, that we’ve decided to team up with Caliche Rum and give away 2 pairs of tickets!
Rules For Entry:
1. Take an epic sunset photo
2. Upload the photo & Tag @Calicherum, @GottaDanceDirty, #Setsforsets, on your Facebook/twitter/instagram accounts.
3. Share! Share! Share!
A pair of Coachella Weekend 1 (April 12th – 14th)
Contest Starts February 19th
Winner will be announced March 19th
• Coachella 2013 lineup revealed
• Ultra Music Festival Phase 2
• Crosstown Rebels Celebrates 10 Years with Global Tour
• Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, and More to Appear on ‘Dirtybird Players’
• Maor Levi Releases His Remix of The Killers
• Massive Attack announce live collaboration with documentary maker Adam Curtis
• LA Times: “Sorry, but we did not accidentally release the Coachella lineup”
• First acts released for Tomorrowland 2013
• Governors Ball’s 2013 lineup is insane: Kanye, Kings of Leon, and just about everyone else
• Eric Prydz out to “darken” Las Vegas with new residency
• Hear a New Track from Boddika & Joy Orbison