• Pete Tong awarded MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in New Year Honours List
• New Catz ‘N Dogz Label to Release 12″ from A1 Bassline; Preview It Now
• Preview Danny Daze‘s EP on Ultramajic
Dan Pearce AKA Eats Everything will be kicking off his EDIBLE Tour this weekend in the UK, and the lineups that the jolly gentleman has curated for the 4-date tour this month are nothing short of spectacular. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Catz N Dogz, T. Williams, and Richy Ahmed are just some of the talent joining Eats throughout May, including a blowout last tour stop in his hometown of Bristol. Additionally, included in this teaser video is another new collaboration between Eats and fellow dirtybird, Justin Martin, and it’s too damn good. I overheard that these guys have been making a number of tracks together in the past year, so I guess we’ll see how they end up getting released. I’m getting my hopes up for an LP. This one, “The Gettup,” will be released on dirtybird in early June.
Ninety-nine. We’re one Dirt away from that magical century mark. But before we get there, The Dirt #99 is what’s happening NOW. It’s the latest killer tracks all in one place: a Jesse Rose remix of Duke Dumont’s “The Giver” (with female vocals!), The Chromatics covering New Order, a MASSIVE Italo/French House remix of Estelle’s classic “American Boy”, a new GLOVES remix, a new Monarchy track, that Disclosure remix of Artful Dodger (the exclamation point on a stellar year for the Disclosure boys) and more. Peep the tunes below + grab that hot (FREE) ten pack of tracks! And don’t forget your 99 Red Balloons on the way out…
“Make sure you make me look like a complete wanker.” were Eats Everything’s (aka Daniel Pearce) parting words to me. Mind you, this is at a cracking warehouse party around 5AM, where he’s still bouncing around and having a (ahem) JOLLY GOOD TIME. That’s just the type of person the house producer from Bristol is. Brimming with cheeky English humor and infectious personality, it took all of half a second upon meeting him to realize this was going to be the easiest interview ever.
You can read the interview after the jump, and be sure to check out his new EP on dirtybird, and tune into his radio show on IHeartRadio every Thursday at 9PM EST.
YES. It’s here. The first volume of remixes for Justin Martin‘s unbelievable debut album, Ghettos & Gardens, has arrived. 6 tracks make up this first installment, with dirtybird family members Ardalan, French Fries, and Catz N Dogz trying their hand at 3 singles while Danny Daze, Dusky, and Bachelors of Science take the reins for another 3. With only 2+ months left in 2012, I can still safely say that Ghettos & Gardens is my pick for album of the year, and a whole new batch of remixes from this caliber of talent makes me so damned delighted. Pick up Volume 1 on Beatport October 3rd. √+
• Tomorrowland delivers 2012 official after movie and announces festival dates for 2013
• John Digweed compiles Bedrock 14 – The UK house institution showcases its roster old and new with 21 exclusive cuts.
• Catz ‘N Dogz mix Body Language
• Lapalux Announces New EP for Brainfeeder, Shares Free Tune
• Nero talk new album and working with Skrillex
• Trouble & Bass are “reborn, fresh and ready.”
• Hot Waves Compilation ft. Lee Foss, Alexis Raphael, Richy Ahmed, Miguel Campbell + more
• Catz ‘n Dogz embark on North American Tour
• Monster and Viacom introduce Monster DNA Headphones
It’s that time of the week for The Dirt, and for this 63rd issue, I want to introduce to you our newest member to the GDD™ team, Korb. We’re providing variety and of course quality, to help bring you into the weekend. Check out the streams and commentary after the jump, then go to the GDD™ Facebook page to download the .zip with all of the tracks!