This week the second massive dance compilation from Global AIDS Fund organization (RED) was released, with many of dance music’s biggest names coming together to add their tracks and remixes to an album whose profits go towards helping end the AIDS epidemic around the world.
Dance (RED): Save Lives 2 sees the likes of big-league names like Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris, R3hab, Tommy Trash, Benny Benassi, Tiesto and Deadmau5, along with a fine selection of trendsetters like Jesse Rose, Kaytranada, Gorgon City, Baauer and RL Grime.
PURCHASE THE COMPILATION ON ITUNES
You can stream more of the tracks + check the full tracklist after the jump.
Hospital Records boss, High Contrast, has a knack for adding his uplifting Drum N Bass flair to songs you’d never expect. The most recent example of his aptitude shines is his forthcoming remix for popular UK trio, London Grammar, which will be released as part of the Strong EP on September 1st. High Contrast clings to London Grammar vocalist Hannah’s Florence Welch-like voice while upping the tempo and adding in soaring crescendos of percussion. If you haven’t, make sure to go back and have a listen to some of High Contrast’s older remixes like those for Adele or Calvin Harris. Nostalgiaaaa.
• Move over MJ: Calvin Harris sets new UK chart record
• Mysteryland turns 20 with bumper 2013 line-up
• Boards of Canada‘s surprise single appears in Rough Trade East
• Zomby to Release Double-Disc Album via 4AD; Hear Another New Track
Louis La Roche is not one to dabble in much popular music, so consider it a blessing he decided to funkify this huge single off Calvin Harris‘ most recent album. This dance floor classic was transformed into this french funk tune that is sure to take over your body. It honestly just sounds like he took the vocals and created his own new world for them. It has some nostalgic sounds intermixed with the future funk he’s putting out there as 80′s synths roll into some new vocoder vocals. You’ll be able to pick out a lot of different instruments strung together to complete this record as the attention to detail is impeccable.
• Calvin Harris confirms new Las Vegas residency
• Nas to headline new dance area at Glastonbury Festival
• Maceo Plex tapped for DJ-Kicks
• Visionquest reveal world tour
• Flume Announces National ‘Infinity Prism’ Tour (Australia)
• Marquee Las Vegas This Weekend
It’s rather alarming how much being a musician amps up a gentleman’s (or lady’s) “sexiness” level, but there’s no denying it’s true. Musicians have been beacons of much affection for as long as music has existed, perhaps (this is my psych major talking here) because of our innate emotional connection to music, or maybe by some grace of god the handsome gene is connected to the music affinity gene. Who knows. Although I’m more particular to band dudes (drummers, specifically) there’s quite a few devilishly handsome gentlemen amongst the DJ/Producer world that are worthy of the ample female attention they get.
So here we are, as a preliminary chart to GDD’s “Best of 2012″…. Three Wise’s and my list of the “sexiest” artists amongst the electronic sphere. Not only are the below gentlemen considerably easy on the eyes, but their personalities, charisma, wit, and duh, MUSIC all add to culminate what I’d like to call “sexy”. Keep doing your thing, boys. Check out the list all the way to #1 after the jump (my votes in blue, Three Wise’s in red) and let us know where your most handsome DJs rank! -Laura.
• A-Trak dishes on new EP and Duck Sauce album
• Tiesto Recruits Bono, Calvin Harris, Diplo for AIDS Charity Compilation – Dance (Red)
• Watch Diplo, Four Tet, Nicolas Jaar, Skream, More in New Warehouse Project Documentary
• Dirtybird Presents Stuff the Bird with Claude VonStroke and Justin Jay
• Kastle Remixes Disclosure, Offers it for Free Download
We’ve got you covered with The Dirt #95. Future bass, jacking technohouse, video game trap, and booty tech. Oh and a bit of rave for good measure. Get it into you.
• The Dirt #95: Tamara Sky & Steven N. Ewald
Dillon Francis AKA the man who now looks like Flux Pavilion chimed in on our Quickfire Q&A just in time for his set tonight on the Moombahton Massive stage from 11:50-12:50AM just before bossman Diplo closes out the stage. It’s been a busy week for Dillon as he’s just released his latest single, “Bootleg Fireworks (Burning Up),” on Calvin Harris‘ Fly Eye Records this Tuesday, and he’s also gearing up for the second leg of his Wet & Reckless tour which kicks back off this Saturday in New England. Check out Dillon’s responses and full tour info below! Continue Reading
• VMA DJ Calvin Harris Nabs Moonman For Best EDM Video
• Flying Lotus’ short film with unreleased tracks
• Las Vegas duo Black Boots signed to Ultra Records
• Ben Klock mixes Fabric 66
• Pioneer announces CDJ-2000 Nexus
• Track of the day: Ellie Goulding – Hanging On (Draper Remix)