• Lightning in a Bottle Festival Announces Dates and Location for 2015
• Desert Hearts Announces Spring Festival (March 27-30th), Premieres Recap Video of Two Year Anniversary
• Avalon Hollywood Unveils It’s 2014 Holiday Lineup
• Brodinski to release Brava album in early 2015
GDD has teamed up with Healthgoth.com to bring you a definitive soundtrack for your workouts. We’ve enlisted some of our favorite DJs and producers to make mixes for you to blast in your headphones to help drown out the Top 40 and help you finish that last rep. The first installment came correct from Philadelphia street bass god Starkey, and we’ve enlisted the help of the Brazilian power-duo, Mixhell, to bring you an hour of thrashing techno that includes new heat from Barnt, Brodinski, and a host of others to get you sweating.
Dark sounds have been brewing down in San Diego… the mysterious duo known as Dimeuhduzen have broken into the scene with influences from the infamous Bromance and Motorik labels, producing hard pounding techno fit for the warehouse. Their latest Nu Heirs EP just landed a release on the French based Police Records, featuring 3 tracks with a sinister appeal. The noise hasn’t gone unheard, already gaining early support from the likes of Brodinski, Canblaster, Sound Of Stereo, Designer Drugs, and more. Take my word for it – if you like Gesaffelstein, Boys Noize or Proxy, then you’ll be ALL OVER these tracks.
BUY ON ITUNES
BUY MERCH HERE
Ah, another year, another round of Gotta Dance Dirty’s roundup of the year’s ‘sexiest’ DJs from NYC’s very own Three Wise as well as yours truly. What started as a joke turned in to a mini internet frenzy and more importantly ignited a discussion of to what makes a DJ ‘sexy’. 2013 was a big leap for dance music, and aiding this leap was a fine selection of boys and girls who in different forms and ways got the world excited about music. It’s more than just looks, it’s more than how many groupies want to send you naked snapchats. So much more. To be a sexy DJ you have to ultimately hold your own, to be identifiable and recognizable amongst the masses as someone predominately good at their job, have their own sense of fashion, humor, and philosophies, someone who is confident in who they are and what they are capable of. In this sense, we’ve gathered our favorite ten DJs that have made an imprint on us this year, sparked a sense of excitement and wonder in our eyes, ears, and hearts.
So without further ado you can find our selection of the ten sexiest DJs of the year after the jump, my selections in BLUE and Three Wise’s in RED.
What happens when two of dance music’s sexiest, most powerful beards collide? You get a hard hitting piece of dirty, sweaty, swaggy electro courtesy of The Magician & Brodinski. The combination of the two beardy maestros is exactly what you’d expect (and then some): a stomping kick, synths with attitude and sex-fueled vocals that will bring out the bad ass in anyone and everyone who comes face to face to this remix.
• Preview the first taste of Kaskade‘s new album
• Brodinski talks new album and releases ‘Gimme Back The Night’
• Preview first Darkside track “Golden Arrow”
• Joker drops ‘Joker Drive’ EP for free
• Outside Lands 2013 webcast schedule revealed
• Bromance announce American tour
• Seth Troxler opens smoked meats pop-up bar in London, Smokey Tails
• Clubs rally against Russia’s anti-gay law
• Brodinski teams with OWSLA to form US based imprint
• Watch retro video for the XX remixed by Jamie XX
• J:Kenzo tapped for Dubstep Allstars Vol. 11
It’s Monday morning, wait, it’s Monday morning after a long weekend. Right now is supposed to suck. But I find myself bopping around in my office, unfazed by the sheer amount of work ahead of me today and this week…. and for this I owe the entirety of my appreciation to young Brodinski (and coffee… lots of coffee).
After announcing a new mixtape last week along with a giveaway and preview of two of the tracks, Brodinski dropped The Purple Ride for everyone in Europe to lap up on their lunch breaks and all of us in America to wake up to. Hey, nice one dude. The mixtape is everything you want and expect it to be: an effortless blend of apocalyptic techno, “forward-thinking” artists, and off-center rap that Brodinski has been cultivating for quite a while now. I’m just going to go ahead and dub this blend “Purple drank techno” for my own enjoyment.
A really massive shout out to Savoir Faire, Bromance Records, and of course the ever-impressive Brodinski for continually delivering fresh and original content and ideas at what seems to always be near-perfect timing. You can stream the mixtape below and I obviously suggest you download that ish ASAP.
• Richie Hawtin Gives Away New Mix
• Julio Bashmore Shares New Single, Announces UK Tour
• Brodinski to release ‘The Purple Ride’ mixtape
• Cityfox to throw sixteen hour party in Brooklyn