• Julio Bashmore heads stateside
• UR1 Festival postponed due to bad weather
• UKF launching in Australia with Benga-led NYD bash
• R.I.P. Brainfeeder Affiliate and Pianist, Austin Peralta
• T.E.E.D. gives away Lunice remix of “Trouble”
• Video: John Tejada “Orbiter”
The day has finally come! Flying Lotus‘ second full-length album, Until the Quiet Comes has finally dropped and it has already exceeded my extremely high expectations set by Cosmogramma. The Los Angeles native, known for his genre-bending compositions, has outdone even himself this time; fusing a mixture of hip-hop, jazz, funk, blues, dubstep and psychedelia together to produce an unique cosmic sound. Until the Quiet Comes is a journey. A journey through a psychedelic soundscape that slowly builds on itself with the addition of every new sound and then jerks you back into reality, only to slowly bring you back, note by note. The album offers no dull moments as it continuously stimulates its listener with Flying Lotus’ unparalleled compositions, stunning even the most scrutinizing of ears. Until the Quiet Comes is a real gem; from the dirty low end of Sultan’s Request, the breath-taking change up of The Nightcaller, or the pure and jazzy melodic vibrations of Until the Quite Comes, this album is gorgeous. Until the Quiet Comes may just be my album of the year; I cannot recommend it enough.
Grab what may be this year’s best album after the jump!
• Tomorrowland delivers 2012 official after movie and announces festival dates for 2013
• John Digweed compiles Bedrock 14 – The UK house institution showcases its roster old and new with 21 exclusive cuts.
• Catz ‘N Dogz mix Body Language
• Lapalux Announces New EP for Brainfeeder, Shares Free Tune
• Track of the day: [Experimental Hip-Hop] FPRF – Crystallization Point (Ta-ku Remix)
Happy Wednesday! I have a wealth of great news for you today including articles, videos, and music. Please read on after the jump to see what’s happening in the electronic music world.