Damian Lazarus’ Day Zero is undeniably one of the most sought-after events that takes place in the midst of BPM Festival, and it’s looking like this year’s edition on January 8th will be one for the books. Featuring a stacked lineup of Acid Pauli, Bedouin, Blond:ish, Damian Lazarus, DJ Three, Eduardo Castillo, Felix da Housecat, Fur Coat, LUM, Metrika, and Serge Devant, this event will have the perfect soundtrack for your mystical experiences at its new Tulum jungle location. On top of the world-class talent, and the one-of-a-kind location, Day Zero has partnered up with the visionary event crafters Red Moon, spearheaded by Cirque Du Soleil Founder Guy Laliberte, for immersive environments fused with the area’s wilderness. Trust us, don’t sleep on this party and buy tickets here.
“There is a magical and irresistible energy about Tulum that has really affected how I live my life. When you combine amazing music and wonderful people in a place like Tulum, it becomes much more than just another party. Day Zero is a chance to connect with loved ones, re-engage spiritually with the stars and planets, engage in some ancient and primal rituals, and generally experience something you simply can’t find anywhere else. I am profoundly happy to announce our return in 2016.” – Damian Lazarus
It seems that the Mexicali G house duo Thee Cool Cats have found a home in Toolroom Records. Following up the label’s BPM showcase and inclusion in their massive Miami Underground compilation, they answer back with their solo PERCUSSIVE EP via the sub-label Toolroom Trax. The 2 tracks “Percussive” and “Hustle Dance” boast jackin tech house grooves fit for peak times all the way to the after-hours. Make no mistake… the EP is already being supported by the likes of Mark Knight, Chus & Ceballos, Hannah Wants, Shiba San, Amine Edge & Dance, Renato Cohen, Sonny Fodera, Bontan, Volkoder, and more. Listen below and grab it today on Beatport!
Thee Cool Cats on
• The BPM Festival Announces Phase 2 Lineup
• Eric Prydz’s Entire Cirez D/Mouseville Catalogue Now Available on Spotify
• CRSSD Festival to Take Place on Bay of San Diego March 14/15
• Check Out Body High Producer Motions‘ Bootleg Remix of Drake
• The BPM Festival Announces Phase 1 Artist Lineup
• Les Sins Shares “Talk About” from Upcoming Debut LP
• Get Some New Samples from the NASA SoundCloud Page
• Moogfest 2014 Lineup: Kraftwerk, Chic, Giorgio Moroder, Darkstar, and More
• The BPM Festival Announces Phase 3 Artists & Day And Night Schedule
• Kaytranada shares “Instrumental Hip-Hop Is Dead” mix
• Watch Daft Punk‘s video for “Instant Crush”
• Art Department mixes BPM001
• Mysteryland‘s groundbreaking U.S. festival, at site of the original Woodstock, announces ticket plans, video trailer, and Sunday school mini-fest
• Claude VonStroke returns to the Essential Mix with bass to burn
• Stereosonic announce Dog Blood’s replacement act
• BPM adds names to 2014 bill
• Prefuse 73, Nosaj Thing, and FaltyDL Plot North American Tour
• Mexico’s BPM Festival is a very good way to start 2014
• Breach Shares Exclusive Track for ‘DJ-Kicks’
• UK house producer Midland announces new three-track single: stream samples inside
• Stream Pional‘s New EP for Young Turks
When the idea of the GDD Advent Calendar first began circling a few weeks ago, Canadian artist Sean Roman was one of the first producers who I was itching to find out what goodies he had hiding. Just as I presumed, he immediately shot over four massive tracks, and after a quick listen, the DJ side of me wanted to hoard them all as secret weapons.
I’m still on the fence about giving away Stutter.
• The BPM Festival 2013 Phase 1 Lineup
• Circoloco Closing Party at DC10 Lineup
• Flying Lotus DJ set at Amoeba Music Hollywood today
• Sub Focus new album ‘early next year’
• Dark Sky Readies New EP for 50Weapons