As Calvin Harris once said, “I’ve got love for you if you were born in the 80s.” Since I was born in the grand year of 1988, this new tune from BNR Records reps, Boys Noize & Housemeister, on the new Dance Mania tribute compilation naturally stood out immediately to me. “1988″ boasts a classic rave vibe, with rough analog production pumping along relentlessly at 130BPM.
A huge fan of Chicago’s DJ Funk and the Dance Mania imprint of the 90s, Boys Noize lauds the relevancy of the Dance Mania sound to this day, and we’d have to agree with him. Pick up the 13 track compilation on BNR November 25th and check “1988″ below.
• Boys Noize Readies Mix Album for Fabric
• Warehouse Project to pilot UK’s first club-endorsed drug testing
• Watch: Gesaffelstein‘s tour-de-force clip for ‘Hate or Glory’
• I Dream of Wires: a Four-hour modular synthesiser documentary featuring Trent Reznor and Gary Numan gets re-press
• Boys Noize embarks on world tour
• Disclosure and Rudimental nominated for Mercury Prize
• Om Unit Announces Debut Album for Civil
• Native Instruments updates Kontrol S4 ans S2
• Boys Noize: “Big production is tiring – it’s not about the music”
• Dusky are off to USA for tour in September
• Jeff Mills Announces The Jungle Planet Album On Black USB Cube
• UK garage’s greatest DJ, DJ EZ, mixes FabricLive 71: full details inside
The longer I’ve known Boys Noize the more I’ve truly began to hone in on exactly how wonderfully awkward the guy really is… from his unibrow to his white pants to his weird instagrams and most recently his totally allovertheplace new EP (BTW you should really click on all those hyperlinks) that goes from Disco to straight up Hardstyle in one fell swoop. Since I pretty much base most of my humor off of awkwardness, obviously das German tekno god ya (that’s Boys Noize, duh) keeps a very close place in my heart.
Speaking of the new EP, although my personal favorite is with the raved-out “Push Em Up” – he’s just dropped the music video for the honorary disco tune of the Go Hard EP, “Starwin”. True to form, Boys Noize keeps it nice and campy with the video, chock full of some pretty tite rollerskate dance routines and (like all moments on the Venice boardwalk) a selection of interesting characters. Keep on keepin it weird, Alex… I and many of us love you for it.
Riding huge energy from the monumental sets performed in Las Vegas @ EDC, the HARD pool party and the secret Hard To Leave event, the techno tyrant Boys Noize just dropped his GO HARD EP on his own imprint, BoysNoize Records. The much anticipated release had teased us with the title track weeks ago, but now fully unleashed the rest of the bundle this week. A concoction of acid, rave, breaks, techno, disco, and hip-hop, the 5-track EP comes full circle for the summer madness already upon us during this festival and pool party season. Listen to them all below, and pick it up today on Beatport and iTunes!
Boys Noize on
It’s time for the weekend – and what better way to kick it off with a special HARD edition of The Dirt, bringing you (15) tracks to pump all the way through. We welcome the HARD bossman Destructo to the selection, along with his #2, mister D BELL himself and our very own BONES. Some of these you can download (where you see the DL link given), but some you just have to listen and wait because they’re either too good to be FREE or their quite frankily not even out yet. All in all, gems abound. Dig in, my weekend warriors.
Listen & Download (after the jump)
• Boys Noize plans to ‘Go Hard’
• Skream hits back: “I never said dubstep is dead”
• TEED steps up to mix Crosstown Rebels ‘Get Lost VI’
• James Murphy designing actual soundsystem; listen to his DJ set from DFA’s anniversary party
As the Indio dust is finally settling from two weeks of wind, heat and wild spirits across the polo fields, we look back at our favorite moments of this years Coachella Music Festival. With a staggering artist lineup each day making it almost impossible to catch every set we wanted to see, the most memorable performances are all that stand alone from such an incredible experience in the desert. Here are the “best of the fest” we have to give royalty to… Continue Reading
From the depths of Chula Vista in San Diego, CA – the young dj/producer duo Dimeuhduzen bring their high energy techno to the plate for what proves to cast a big light for 2013… Fans of Gesaffelstein, Mumbai Science, and Boys Noize will feast on their new EP “Rise Of Oppresion” featuring 3 devastating originals. They wanted to give you guys an early Christmas gift, so enjoy the EP single for FREE!