“This time around, I wanted that shit to sound tough, crisp — and fucking massive,” big words from the legend Mark Ronson who’s latest album “Uptown Special” is sure to live up to the self induced hype. Enlisting a Pulitzer Prize winning novelist to assist in the lyrical division, as well as a legion of critically acclaimed musicians and talent Ronson himself drove down to Mississippi to discover/acquire will surely assist in the imminent success of this project. If you’re going to do something, you mine as well fucking do it, it would seem. Among the deep roster of talent Ronson has enlisted is Kevin Parker of Tame Impala fame, a talent which made the cut for three seperate appearances on the record. The result, as embedded below, is not quite full quality, but certainly worth the listen. It is a driving psychedelic journey with influences rooted in the American South and and post funk movements that paint a pretty heavy picture. Hear for yourself..
Tag Archives: billboard
• Nadastrom preview debut album with seductive “Fallen Down”; listen now
• Stream Maya Jane Coles’ remix of Booka Shade’s “Love Drug”
• Billboard and Twitter launch the real-time charts
• RIP Romanthony, voice of Daft Punk’s “One More Time”
• Skrillex, Baauer, and Guetta win at Billboard Awards
• First Listen: Mount Kimbie, ‘Cold Spring Fault Less Youth’
• Todd Terje Preps New 12″; Preview It Now
• Billboard launches new EDM chart
• Avicii announces “The Avicii Hotel”
• Hudson Mohawke Signs to G.O.O.D. for Production
• Footprintz prepare Escape Yourself
Good morning! Today’s headlines include Skream, Diplo, Doorly, The Chemical Brothers, & the current ticketing crisis. Please read on for the full stories after the jump.
During the recent Billboard covershoot, Diplo revealed that it’s likely that there will be a collaboration between him, Skrillex and A-Trak. He said: “We have such different sounds but it’s not unusual for us to play each other’s records…it’s not even a weird idea for us to collaborate with each other.”
He added later: “There will definitely be something from the three of us soon.”
Catch the rest of the article + the Billboard cover shoot and interview footage after the jump.