• Listen to Joy Orbison‘s Radio 1 Essential Mix
• Erol Alkan mixes Fabriclive 77
• Nick Monaco to release debut album in September
Straight off of DNB heavyweight Hospital Records, the UK native Metrik delivers “Want my Love” – featuring the anthemic vocals of Elisabeth Troy atop an energetic lead and rolling bassine. With a minimal drop, the vocals soar over the beats creating a sing along anthem and dance floor smasher.
The single just dropped yesterday and has been receiving support across the board – not to mention it’s recent exclusive debut on Annie Macs BBC Radio 1 show. With Metrik’s debut album nearing completion, this is a strong taste of whats to come ahead of release later this year. Listen below and pick it up today on iTunes and Beatport!
• Hyperdub release statement on the death of DJ Rashad
• Seth Troxler starts Play It Say It
• Listen to the Hot Natured Essential Mix
• The 2 Bears announce new album and share new single
• Diplo launches SoundCloud account supporting new music
• Bonobo digs deep for an Essential Mix debut you should hear
• The Do LaB announces Coachella Weekend 2 set times
• Jackmaster is latest to deliver Essential Mix
• Waze & Odyssey are heading to the United States
• Stream the First Track from Fort Romeau‘s New EP
• Future Music Festival Asia cut short following deaths
Just earlier today, the queen Annie Mac debuted the new Jack Beats original “Beatbox” on her BBC Radio 1 show. We’re happy to hear another deeper groove from Beni G and Plus One, this one is favored for the club. Expect to hear this at SXSW and WMC, as it’s set for a March 18th release on the LA collective imprint OWSLA. Listen below and be on the lookout!
Jack Beats on
• Check Out MK‘s ‘Essential Mix’ for BBC Radio 1
• Todd Terje unveils new single ‘Delorean Dynamite’ from It’s Album Time
• Four Tet uploads unofficial Ellie Goulding remix to SoundCloud
• Voting Open for International Dance Music Awards
• Download a New Track from Hudson Mohawke
• Eric Prydz Wins Essential Mix of the Year
• Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina released early from jail
As I do for most posts involving head dirtybird, Claude VonStroke, I’ll let him address you all himself…
“This is the original 2 hour unedited version mixed live at my house for the fans with all the bad words, full versions of tracks and without any radio tags or commercials on top of it. Encoded at 160kps so don’t try to play tracks in the club they will sound like crap ;)”
Get into it.
Don Diablo & CID swap out their big-room sound for groovy vibes in their debut release on Steve Angello’s X label. Previously premiered on Pete Tong’s BBC Radio 1 Essential Selection last week, “Got Me Thinkin’” takes on booty bass characteristics with a bumpin’ kick-driven bassline and percussive accents. Don Diablo & CID have taken things a bit deeper for a club-ready offering. Have a listen after the jump.