Don Diablo & CID swap out their big-room sound for groovy vibes in their debut release on Steve Angello’s X label. Previously premiered on Pete Tong’s BBC Radio 1 Essential Selection last week, “Got Me Thinkin’” takes on booty bass characteristics with a bumpin’ kick-driven bassline and percussive accents. Don Diablo & CID have taken things a bit deeper for a club-ready offering. Have a listen after the jump.
Tag Archives: BBC Radio 1
For anyone still hating on Skream because he’s not making only Dubstep anymore, shut up. Just shut the fuck up. His new track, “Rollercoaster,” just premiered today with Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1, featuring Sam Frank and a vibe that is 100% fit for a cocaine-sponsored 80s roller disco. “Rollercoaster” illuminates two important things about Skream: 1) his inherent ability to accept inspiration from multiple sources and create music in all forms and 2) his ballsy-ness for just doing what he wants to do musically. Big up Ollie we’re down with it. √+
• Listen: Hot Since 82 follows Disclosure with dark horse Essential Mix
• Sub Focus reveals ‘Torus’ tracklist
• Pachanga Boys DJ An Epic 25 Hour Set For Upcoming Documentary
• Jacques Greene gives away two Ciara remixes
• Tiesto launches deep house radio show
• Listen to Jamie Jones & tINI‘s Essential Mix
• Fixyn release remix of Nadia Nair’s “Monika The Brave”
• Watch Lindstrøm Detail Tracks in His Studio
Everytime I see new material from GDD™ fav, GRUM, my heart smiles a little. Following up his last single, “Everytime,” GRUM is back with another synth-laden beauty which Pete Tong featured on his BBC Radio 1 show this month. The single will be released as an EP on August 26th, complete with a trio of remixes from Russ Chimes, Daniel Trim, and Those Beats. Get a taste with this rip from Pete’s show. √+
• Deadmau5 building a new tour for 2014
• Check Out Todd Terje‘s ‘Essential Mix’
• Culture Fires releases free EP
• Burning Man increases capacity
Wankelmut is a subtle star. It’s not common for DJs who sell over 1.3 million copies for an official remix on Sony and garner 100 million plays on YouTube to be “behind the scenes” so to speak, but it appears that Berlin-based Wankelmut doesn’t need a Billboard cover or a headline festival slot to keep doing what he loves. Back in January, Wankelmut released “My Head Is A Jungle” featuring Emma Louise, which was championed by Pete Tong and Annie Mac vigorously on BBC Radio 1 in addition to strong DJ support around the world. 8 months later, the big tune will be seeing a re-release on Positiva, featuring the original accompanied by 6 mixes including remixes from MK, Friend Within, Gui Boratto, Solee, and Kasper Bjorke as well as an extended Vocal Mix from the original producer. The EP will be released on September 15th, but until then, stream the MK remix as well as the original below.
• Bass blockbuster: Skrillex’s Essential Mix is the most-played in BBC Radio 1 history
• Friction for Fabriclive 70
• Lightning in a Bottle supports The Santa Rosa Plateau Foundation and Rainforest Action Network
• Daft Punk “Get Lucky” condoms to be released
• Boards of Canada: ‘We’ve become a lot more nihilistic over the years’
• Clarification: Disclosure responds to photo of “faked” DJ set
• Listen: DFA’s The Juan MacLean aces his Essential Mix
• XXYYXX wants you to “Pay Attention”
The last few months have been huge for Duke Dumont. With features on almost all of the main music outlets (spotify, beatport, itunes, Vevo to name a few) and tons of press and support from the likes of Steve Aoki, Armand Van Helden, Porter Robinson, Treasure Fingers, Switch, Clockwork/RL Grime, Todd Edwards, Amtrac, Calvin Harris, and Tommie Sunshine it’s really no surprise that Disclosure have recently joined the ranks of those in support of Dukes biggest track to date “Need U 100%” with AME.
Today on Sara Cox’s BBC Radio 1 live show, the Disclosure brothers were joined by none other than Sam Smith to perform this amazing cover of Duke’s classic tune. With ties to detroit techno, classic disco and and chicago house it’s awesome to see a fantastic track getting the recognition it deserves. Now, if we could only get it onto mainstream radio in the US….
Catch the live performance here - starts at 2:13:00