2015 for Justin Jay has been one for the ages, and he’s rolling on into the last quarter of the year with the wind at his back. Just last Friday, the LA-based producer/DJ took over the BBC Radio 1 airwaves with an after hours mix feature on Pete Tong’s show, which followed the slot helmed by VIVa Music’s Steve Lawler. Throughout the year, Justin has been teasing his new project, Justin Jay & Friends, so not surprisingly, he decided to include a few new unreleased tracks, amongst an array of groovy jams from the likes of Catz ‘N Dogz, Adriatique, Dimitri From Paris, Aroop Roy, and more. Definitely let this mix carry you into the weekend, and if you haven’t been able to catch Justin on his Mom, I Graduated! World Tour, see when he’s coming to a city near you here.
Tag Archives: BBC Radio 1
• BBC Radio 1’s Residency reveals line-up for 2015
• Listen to a New Track from Nina Kraviz
• Berlin Techno Prodigal Son Marek Hemmann Announces Live Bittersweet North American Tour
• Dean Grenier, Hej Fund, and Eprom Launch New Label, Sister City Limited; Hear the First Release
• Listen to Joy Orbison‘s Radio 1 Essential Mix
• Erol Alkan mixes Fabriclive 77
• Nick Monaco to release debut album in September
Straight off of DNB heavyweight Hospital Records, the UK native Metrik delivers “Want my Love” – featuring the anthemic vocals of Elisabeth Troy atop an energetic lead and rolling bassine. With a minimal drop, the vocals soar over the beats creating a sing along anthem and dance floor smasher.
The single just dropped yesterday and has been receiving support across the board – not to mention it’s recent exclusive debut on Annie Macs BBC Radio 1 show. With Metrik’s debut album nearing completion, this is a strong taste of whats to come ahead of release later this year. Listen below and pick it up today on iTunes and Beatport!
• Hyperdub release statement on the death of DJ Rashad
• Seth Troxler starts Play It Say It
• Listen to the Hot Natured Essential Mix
• The 2 Bears announce new album and share new single
• Diplo launches SoundCloud account supporting new music
• Bonobo digs deep for an Essential Mix debut you should hear
• The Do LaB announces Coachella Weekend 2 set times
• Jackmaster is latest to deliver Essential Mix
• Waze & Odyssey are heading to the United States
• Stream the First Track from Fort Romeau‘s New EP
• Future Music Festival Asia cut short following deaths
Just earlier today, the queen Annie Mac debuted the new Jack Beats original “Beatbox” on her BBC Radio 1 show. We’re happy to hear another deeper groove from Beni G and Plus One, this one is favored for the club. Expect to hear this at SXSW and WMC, as it’s set for a March 18th release on the LA collective imprint OWSLA. Listen below and be on the lookout!
• Check Out MK‘s ‘Essential Mix’ for BBC Radio 1
• Todd Terje unveils new single ‘Delorean Dynamite’ from It’s Album Time
• Four Tet uploads unofficial Ellie Goulding remix to SoundCloud
• Voting Open for International Dance Music Awards
• Download a New Track from Hudson Mohawke
• Eric Prydz Wins Essential Mix of the Year
• Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina released early from jail