• RIP Romanthony, voice of Daft Punk’s “One More Time”
• Skrillex, Baauer, and Guetta win at Billboard Awards
• First Listen: Mount Kimbie, ‘Cold Spring Fault Less Youth’
• Todd Terje Preps New 12″; Preview It Now
Aluna Francis and George Reid struck a chord when they released their heavily anticipated original production, “Attracting Flies,” under their moniker Aluna George. Lurking in the background of all the instantaneous hype for this new track was a remix from the Harlem Shake sensation, Bauuer. Looking to shed the stigma behind his internet craze, Baauer steps up to the plate with a huge edit to the English electronic groups new single.
My biggest worry when I saw Baauer‘s name on the remix bill was that the vocals were going to get drowned out with his signature trap sound. He dispels my preconceived notions, though, with a more sophisticated bass sound that still maintains the Bauuer bounce we all know and love. Also set to take on “Attracting Flies” with their own renditions are Jamie Jones and S-Type. You can purchase this Bauuer remix at midnight tonight on Beatport, but Aluna George‘s debut album isn’t expected to hit stores until July 1st.
Hotter than a hipster babe in glasses, Doyle and I bring you our finest selections from across the board. Bit Funk, shlohmo ft. Jeremih, a surprisingly good Harlem Shake remix, even a Fleetwood Mac remix. Do try to pry your eyes away from the above and position your cursor on the below. Get it into you.
• OH Doyle’s .zip
• Steven N. Ewald’s .zip
• Baauer‘s surprise hit was a shock for artists heard on it
• Hudson Mohawke confirms new solo album for 2013
• Watch: AlunaGeorge Modernize Fairy Tales in Their “Attracting Flies” Video
• Noir comes stateside
• Watch: Flume‘s new “Holdin’ On” video
“Grammy nominated french producer DJ Snake brings Mad Decent/Jeffree’s two huge tracks that are so big it is officially their first Double A-Side release. The first track “Bird Machine” featuring Alesia packs huge 808′s and an ever evolving bird whistle as the lead synth. Snake & Alesia have created an anthem that has been play’d out by superstar DJs Dillon Francis, Diplo, Baauer, Flosstradamus and many more! Snake follows up “Bird Machine” with “Together” an epic hardstyle homage with the wildest trap drop we’ve heard in a while.” Grab them both below!
DJ Snake on
• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
• Listen: Brodinski drops first solo Bromance EP
• Ultra Europe announces first headliners
• Flying Lotus teases upcoming projects including one he’s “not allowed to talk about”
• Tom Demac, Breach, T. Williams, A1 Bassline, and More Feature on Pets Compilation
• Baauer and Just Blaze are collaborating and touring together
• AC Entertainment leaves Moogfest for new festival, Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit
Photo Credit: Kevin Dudelson
35,000 people were on hand this past Saturday to attend the first ever Hard Presents: Day Of the Dead festival in downtown Los Angeles. The lineup was one of the most eclectic we have seen of any Hard Event and we could not wait to see how it turned out.
In anticipation for one of my favorite holidays (mostly because it almost always lasts WAY longer than a day, and you definitely can’t say that about 4th of July now can you?) I’ve decided to bring you the unofficial chemical sponsor of this fine day we call Halloween for this edition of Science Sundays: Sucrose.
Sucrose is some pretty basic stuff. Just table sugar. The ultimate “guilty pleasure” and sworn enemy of weight-conscious folks the world over. It’s what makes things we eat sweet! When listening to the tracks below, know that I am erring on the side of an eight-year-old and NOT your dietician and saying you can have all the sugar you want. These songs are, for lack of a better term, pretty freakin’ sweet. Some are just feel good-tracks, a nice little boost of energy like a handful of M&Ms. Some are full on guilty pleasures, like that second brownie you definitely would be embarrassed to be caught eating but loved every delicious morsel. Either way, the moral of the story here is that a little sugar in your day is a good thing. This halloween, grab your ring pop & go dance the night away.
In coming weeks, GDD™ will be joining forces with our friends around the world for collaborative editions of The Dirt. So far, we’ve teamed up with Discobelle and Stoney Roads, and this week we’ve put together a comprehensive 10-pack of tracks with our buddy Brandon over at Elektro Magazine. All 10 are available for download, so head on after the jump to see what we have in store for you this week!