Contact Festival in Vancouver BC is quickly approaching and we’re bringing you the chance to win a pair of tickets to both days! Following the success of last years Deadmau5 performance, this marks the second year for Western Canada’s largest electronic indoor music festival and the lineup certainly shows it! Peep all the acts below and make sure to enter before 12/12! Continue Reading
Tag Archives: Baauer
Vegas can be frustrating. There are long lines, seemingly indiscriminate door policies, and, with the recent openings of a few more mega-clubs, so many options to choose from on a nightly basis. EDC Week, as it’s now called, has got to be one of the busiest weekends of the year in the City of Sin, and that’s why GDD™ has teamed up with our friends from Mandalay Bay’s new shining gem LIGHT to make your life just a little bit easier.
We’ll be giving away ONE PAIR of tickets to a lucky dirty dancer that will grant the winner and a friend access to every LIGHT-affiliated property and each of their events from June 19th through the 23rd. That line-up includes a variety of pool parties and nighttime affairs with some of dance music’s biggest stars, including Zedd, Alesso, Baauer, Skrillex, Nicky Romero, and Krewella.
Simply like both The Light Vegas and Gotta Dance Dirty Facebook pages, and comment on THIS FACEBOOK POST with an @tag for the friend you’d like to bring with you! This contest will only run until tomorrow, June 18, at 11:59pm PDT, so don’t delay! Winner will be messaged on Facebook! Full list of events after the jump…
• RIP Romanthony, voice of Daft Punk’s “One More Time”
• Skrillex, Baauer, and Guetta win at Billboard Awards
• First Listen: Mount Kimbie, ‘Cold Spring Fault Less Youth’
• Todd Terje Preps New 12″; Preview It Now
Aluna Francis and George Reid struck a chord when they released their heavily anticipated original production, “Attracting Flies,” under their moniker Aluna George. Lurking in the background of all the instantaneous hype for this new track was a remix from the Harlem Shake sensation, Bauuer. Looking to shed the stigma behind his internet craze, Baauer steps up to the plate with a huge edit to the English electronic groups new single.
My biggest worry when I saw Baauer‘s name on the remix bill was that the vocals were going to get drowned out with his signature trap sound. He dispels my preconceived notions, though, with a more sophisticated bass sound that still maintains the Bauuer bounce we all know and love. Also set to take on “Attracting Flies” with their own renditions are Jamie Jones and S-Type. You can purchase this Bauuer remix at midnight tonight on Beatport, but Aluna George‘s debut album isn’t expected to hit stores until July 1st.
Hotter than a hipster babe in glasses, Doyle and I bring you our finest selections from across the board. Bit Funk, shlohmo ft. Jeremih, a surprisingly good Harlem Shake remix, even a Fleetwood Mac remix. Do try to pry your eyes away from the above and position your cursor on the below. Get it into you.
• Baauer‘s surprise hit was a shock for artists heard on it
• Hudson Mohawke confirms new solo album for 2013
• Watch: AlunaGeorge Modernize Fairy Tales in Their “Attracting Flies” Video
• Noir comes stateside
• Watch: Flume‘s new “Holdin’ On” video
“Grammy nominated french producer DJ Snake brings Mad Decent/Jeffree’s two huge tracks that are so big it is officially their first Double A-Side release. The first track “Bird Machine” featuring Alesia packs huge 808′s and an ever evolving bird whistle as the lead synth. Snake & Alesia have created an anthem that has been play’d out by superstar DJs Dillon Francis, Diplo, Baauer, Flosstradamus and many more! Snake follows up “Bird Machine” with “Together” an epic hardstyle homage with the wildest trap drop we’ve heard in a while.” Grab them both below!
• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
• Listen: Brodinski drops first solo Bromance EP
• Ultra Europe announces first headliners
• Flying Lotus teases upcoming projects including one he’s “not allowed to talk about”
• Tom Demac, Breach, T. Williams, A1 Bassline, and More Feature on Pets Compilation
• Baauer and Just Blaze are collaborating and touring together
• AC Entertainment leaves Moogfest for new festival, Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit
Photo Credit: Kevin Dudelson
35,000 people were on hand this past Saturday to attend the first ever Hard Presents: Day Of the Dead festival in downtown Los Angeles. The lineup was one of the most eclectic we have seen of any Hard Event and we could not wait to see how it turned out.