• DJ Koze reveals new single, XTC
• EDMbiz Announces Speakers & Panels For 2015 Conference & Expo
• Zimmer is ‘Coming of Age’ on His New EP
• Arca is Giving Away His “Vanity” For Free
• Maya Jane Coles Returns to Mobilee with From The Dark EP
• Hear Burial‘s new track, “Lambeth”
• Arca Shares New Video for “Now You Know”
Arca is not an easy artist to stomach, but he’s not supposed to be. The young producer, currently based out of NYC, is no stranger to weird, fragmented, and borderline creepy productions, which is likely why the Kanye West recruited him for Yeezus. With production credits on half of the album, Arca makes a prominent appearance on the record, whose caustic and rough sound was either eagerly lapped up or blatantly disliked by Kanye fans.
After a more than nine-month hiatus from releasing content as Arca, he’s dropped a mixtape, 25 minutes of disjointed, awkward, beat-heavy music collectively titled “&&&&&”. Arca’s music is as unpredictable as it is cohesive, one minute hazy and melodic and the next abrasive and chilling. The wonder of Arca’s music is that whether it’s weird or uncomfortable at times, it’s worth it to the point of wanting to listen again and again. Like the aural version of “Enter The Void”, &&&&& explores landscapes and viewpoints with immense imagery and thought, and though not for the faint of heart a worthwhile, imaginative, and exquisite.
You can download the mixtape via his Soundcloud below, and if you care to be extra tripped-out, go ahead and listen to it from his website: arca1000000.com