• Stream Aphex Twin’s new EP, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2
• Burial Releases New Single via Keysound
• Novation Announces Launchpad Pro
• Aphex Twin Reveals Upcoming EP for Warp
• Eric Prydz Announces the Pryda ‘Generate’ US Tour
• Years & Years top BBC’s Sound of 2015 poll
• Hear a New Production from Todd Edwards
• Aphex Twin Talks ‘Syro,’ Gear, ’90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
• Trentemøller tours the US and Canada in November
I have been an Aphex Twin fan for fifteen years. I was fifteen when I first heard ‘Come to Daddy,’ and it was my gateway drug into electronic music. It was him that inspired me to dive into the world that I now immerse myself in everyday as a composer and as a listener. His work has played a vital role in my musical education and formation.
I attended the preview Syro album listening event at Verboten in NYC Saturday afternoon and these are my thoughts.
• Apollonia present debut album, Tour à Tour
• Listen to the First Single from Aphex Twin‘s ‘Syro’ LP
• dirtybird Wraps Up Its BBQ Series With Its Biggest Lineup Ever HARD Day of the Dead, November 2nd
• Warp announce Aphex Twin album listening events
• James Murphy is turning the US Open into 400+ hours of music
• Documentary series, Diggin’ In The Carts, explores history of Japanese video game music, feat. Flying Lotus, Dizzee Rascal, Just Blaze and more
• Jimmy Edgar does “Detroit radio circa 1993″ for his Essential mix
• Flume’s new album is “very much underway”
• Aphex Twin Kickstarter campaign raises $67,000
• Mark Ronson on sampling: “You can’t just hijack nostalgia”
As the holiday season continues to sneak up on us with colder temperatures and earlier sunsets, we’ve got a grip free downloads to keep your spirits up. In this 137th installment of The Dirt, we have an exquisite new edit from Maceo Plex, a 2013 touch up of TLC courtesy of Bixel Boys, a sexy new take on Marvin Gaye from Kygo, electro meets rock courtesy of Coyote Kisses and the very first Golden Pony original.
I’m probably going to get a lot of shit for this one. So just as a precautionary disclaimer, I’m not really trying to encompass the infinite realm of what defines “acid” in both musical and personal experience senses of the term. So before you get your panties in a bunch that Phuture isn’t on here or your favorite Plastikman track is missing or one of these doesn’t have an “acid bassline,” just know that I am pulling the typical Burning Man “I don’t know man, you just gotta experience it yourseeeeelf” move and letting you know this is my personal derivative of what, to me, starts to entertain the idea of the drug we like to call “acid.”
Happy Friday! Today’s news features Daft Punk, Boys Noize, A Guy Called Gerald, Dubspot + Ableton free trials, Decibel Festival, Aphex Twin, M83, Live Nation, and John Tejada. Please read on after the jump.