The Indoesian wonder Angger Dimas just released his debut full-length album Angger Management on Dim Mak Records, crossing the spectrum of electro, hip hop, big room, hardstyle, moombahton and more. To celebrate it’s widespread acclaim and to give back to the fans, Angger is giving away “Jump Floor”, a bonus track off the album (and in my opinion the biggest and most stand out on the entire release). This monster takes an anthemic buildup only to drop into a big surprise – fans of the main stage will be all over this one, grab it below!
Angger Dimas on
As some of you may or may not know, we’ve started up a new project here at GDD™, bringing in a video element to the brand called GDD.tv. Our team (big shout out to Alex, Laura D + KMOC) was hard at work out in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago; locking down interviews with some of the scene’s best musicians that were out in the desert for the biggest dance music festival in North America. Our brilliant videographer, Alexander Jacob, has put together a teaser video of some of the artists that we had the pleasure of chatting with, so have a quick watch and keep an eye out for the full interviews to surface in the near future!
To celebrate Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas next weekend, Dim Mak Records and our very own BONES has created a promo mix to kick off the festivities and showcase the family roster. This year, Dim Mak will be hosting the Neon Garden stage @ EDCLV, with a staggering lineup including Steve Aoki, R3hab, Nervo, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Bassjackers, Datsik, Excision (live), Joachim Garraud, Sidney Samson, Angger Dimas, Feed me, and Little Boots. Check out the mix below which features many of the artists playing the Neon Garden Stage, and as well forthcoming Dim Mak releases!
Joachim Garraud – Hook (Clockwork Remix)
Angger Dimas & Bassjackers – RIA (Original Mix)
Malente & Breakfastklub – Hymn (Rory Lyons & Peo De Pitte Remix)
Autoerotique – EKG (Original Mix)
Alvin Risk – Infinity (Original Mix)
Steve Aoki ft. Angger Dimas – Steve Jobs (Mason Remix)
Felix Cartal ft. Miss Palmer – Black To White (Clockwork Remix)
Ferry Corsten – Punk (Sidney Samson Remix)
• Sidney Samson – Filter (Original Mix)
NERVO – We’re All No One (Autoerotique Remix)
Autoerotique – Roll The Drums (JFK Edit)
Steve Aoki ft. Kid Cudi & Travis Barker – Cudi The Kid (TAI Remix)
Steve Aoki ft. Chiddy Bang & Lil’ Jon – Emergency (Clockwork Remix)
R3hab – Chainsaw Showers (Original Mix)
Datsik – Light The Fuse (Original Mix)
DJ Jean – The Launch (Mustard Pimp Edit)
DIM MAK EDC PRE-PARTY
Don’t miss the official Dim Mak EDC ‘Neon Garden’ Stage Pre-party, this Tuesday 6/5 @ Dim Mak Studios featuring Dirtybird’s Christian Martin, Worthy, and Leroy Peppers.
Next Tuesday, May 29th will see the release of Felix Cartal‘s ‘Black To White’ remix EP on Dim Mak Records, featuring new renditions from Angger Dimas, Clockwork, and The Loops of Fury. Today, Felix has been kind enough to give us an exclusive listen to the remix from Indonesian Big Room maestro, Angger Dimas, in which Dimas stays true to form and provides a heavy Progressive Electro take on the vocally-driven original. A calming build for the first couple of minutes leads to a thumping breakdown fit for any main room or festival stage. Listen here first and make sure to pick up the full EP with all remixes next Tuesday on Beatport. Continue Reading
My how I enjoy triple headliner nights at CONTROL. This week we have 3 fantastic international acts that have really had an amazing last year. Out of Jakarta, Angger Dimas has finally made his way to the United States in the past 12 months, playing shows all over the country with his Afrojack-esque style. Swedish duo Cazzette joined up with Avicii and the At Night family this past year and are on their way to becoming the next big thing out of Scandinavia. Finally, CONTROL frequenter, Sharooz, is back in Hollywood to show the Avalon crowd what he does best. Lots of good music to be heard on Friday, indeed.
Please email all names to RSVP@gottadancedirty.com to be on our discount guestlist for the evening. All names must be submitted by 5:30PM on Friday.
$15 before 10PM
$20 before 11PM
Set times and tunage after the jump! Continue Reading
Today marks the exclusive Beatport release of the first single, ‘Hook,’ from Joachim Garraud & Alesia‘s new collaborative EP, Hillside West, due out on Dim Mak next month. Teaming up with the fresh new French trio, Alesia, has proven to be a great influence on this new single from Joachim. Utilizing his mastery of Electro and Techno, Joachim also developed new Progressive and Dubstep influences into Hillside West, and the anthemic synths married with grungy, almost Skrillex-esque womps deliver a side of Joachim’s production that has never been heard before. With support already in from Axwell, Bingo Players, Angger Dimas and more, I’m sure that we’ll be hearing this a fair amount during festival season. Pick up ‘Hook’ on Beatport today and click on after the jump for the preview. Continue Reading
So as you can tell from the past few weeks, we’re beginning to transform The Dirt into a weekly artist guest post, with two fantastic entries from our pals PeaceTreaty and Dave Nada already in the books. This week, I was lucky enough to get in touch with our friend Olle from the ever-popular Swedish duo, DADA LIFE, and he sent over some great new choons as well as a couple classics that he and Stefan will always have a soft spot for. Here’s what the guys had to say about their selection…
“We serve you: a slab of red meat mixed with alcohol, bananas and white noise. Eat it up. And then shake it off in your living room.”
So enjoy, dirty dancers, and be on the lookout for some more great artist Dirts in the future. Most of the tracks below are 192kbps samples, so make sure you support these artists and buy the 320s on Beatport.
• Beware & Motorpitch – El Toro (Oliver $ Remix)
• Dada Life – White Noise / Red Meat [BUY ON BEATPORT!]
• Cirez D – Full Stop [Beatport]
• Angger Dimas vs Tommy Trash – Big Fucking House [Beatport]
• Boys Noize – Jeffer (Original Mix)
• Nitro Deluxe – Let’s Get Brutal *This track is from 1986!
• Bart B More – Gilles (Original Mix) [Beatport]
• Sharooz – Hysteresis (Original Mix) [Beatport]
• Funk D’Void – Diabla (Original Mix) [Beatport]
• TAI – Big Bass Drum (Original Mix)
And a couple unreleased tracks to watch out for…
• Steve Aoki & Laidback Luke – Turbulence
• Sharam Jey – The More That I Do (Tony Senghore Remix)
Dada Life – February 2011 DJ Mix
Check out some of the above tracks in use in this BIG new mix from Olle + Stefan.
1. Wolfgang Gartner – Space Junk
2. Beware & Motorpitch – El Toro (Oliver $ Remix)
3. Dada Life – The Great Fashionista Swindle (Laidback Luke Remix)
4. Angger Dimas vs Tommy Trash – Big Fucking House
5. Savage Skulls – Watching U
6. TAI – Big Bass Drum (Original)
7. Dada Life – White Noise / Red Meat
8. Sharam Jay – The More That I Do (Tony Senghore Remix)
9. Porter Robinson – The Wildcat
10. Miles Dyson – I-tune (Original Mix)
11. Jaimi Fanatic – Losing Control (Shameboy Remix)
12. Steve Aoki & Laidback Luke – Turbulence
13. Das Glow, Strip Steve – Calcium (Original Mix)
14. Bart B More – Gilles
15. Sharooz – Hysteresis (Original Mix)
16. Gravitonas – Kites (Dada Life Remix)
Ho Ho Ho Hope you’re ready for another installment of Dada Life‘s monthly mixes, as this one brings some serious fire power. Constantly looking for ways to detract from the replicated electro house sound, Dada Life mixes these tracks in amazing fashion and includes a special blend of songs you’ve probably heard and some you definitely haven’t. Now be nice and try not to fist pump at the dinner table please…
• Crystal Fighters – Swallow (Angger Dimas Club Remix) √++ [Beatport]
Designer Drugs – Through the Prism (Dada Life Remix)
The Subs vs Les Petits Pilous – My Body
Deadmau5 – Cthulhu Sleeps
autoKratz – Opposite of Love (Les Petits Pilous Remix)
Afrojack – Replica (Original Mix)
John Dahlback – Kairo
Lunde Bros. – Blablabla (2010 Re-edit)
Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero Remix)
• Cosmic Gate – Fire Wire (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Remix) √+ [Beatport]
Benny Benassi – House Music (Autoerotique’s explode the club Remix)
TAI & Aoki – Paradise Poltergeist (LA Riots Remix)
Angger Dimas – Are You Ready
¡BONUS HOLIDAY CHEER!
This came out earlier this year and went a bit under the radar, but you definitely won’t be regifting this one. Could do without the hypeman vocals though…
PS – How are all of these holiday puns working for everyone? Good? OK.
Weekend is just about to start for us on the West Coast and I cannot WAIT. The last few hours at the office are just like being in High School all over again, waiting for fuckin’ bell to sound. It seriously is the most painful torture there is. Here is a few songs, some old and some new to start your weekend off the right way and hit tonight with an extra bounce in your step.
• Moonbotica- Men of the Future (Kris Menace Remix)
* Just an appetizer, a nice calm vibe track to help ease your way out of work mode and into your first cocktail.
• Crookers Feat. Major Lazer, Leftside & Supahype- Jump up
*All it takes is that first drink to wake you up, yeah this track is something like that. Fresh off the Crookers new album
• Hatiras- Spaced Invader (Malente Electro Remix) *fixed
* Nice vibe to this new remix, just like when you make your way through your 3rd or 4th round this song really gets the party to get kickin
• Vandalism- Throw your hands up (Angger Dimas Remix)
* This song is for when you know the parties going and shits getting weird, everyone get yo hands up!
• Run D.M.C- My Adidas (Pilotpriest Remix)
* Last but not least, gotta throw some old school into this electro groove. Get the late night kids entertained with something because we know at this point the booze cant do all the work to keep the party going
Enjoy your weekend because I know I will ( Hopefully it goes a little something like this ^^)