The Parisian young gun known as DJ Snake has been riding huge hype since his breakout Bird Machine EP, and to show his fans some TLC he just released a FREE remix of AlunaGeorge‘s “You Know You Like It” on his soundcloud. The original was already a huge jam and the Bondax remix that followed bumped it up even more, but Snake’s version is pure fire no matter if you’re into trap tempos or not. Don’t sleep on this one, most definitely a summer staple.
British duo, AlunaGeorge, have had an unbelievably impressive 2013 thus far, finding an alluring balance between vocal UK electronic subgenres and traditional R&B. In addition to their massive collaborative hit, “White Noise,” with fellow UK duo, Disclosure, Aluna Francis and George Reid have released multiple globally recognized singles like “Your Drums, Your Love” and “Attracting Flies,” which found their way into concert venues and clubs alike with a grip of dancefloor-ready remixes. Now, the time has come for their debut album, Body Music, to hit the shelves this 30th of July in the US via Vagrant Records, comprised of 14 original productions. Stream two new ones below and read on after for a music video for “You Know You Like It” as well as the album’s full tracklist and upcoming tour dates.
• Watch Rusko‘s animated Lift Me Up EP teaser video
• James Murphy Writing Music for Broadway Show Starring Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz
• AlunaGeorge to tour North America
• GoldFFinch to Drop New EP via Dirtybird
• LOL Boys offshoot Heartbeat(s) announces debut album, Home Remedies
Spring can now officially begin. The newaRod SpringGlo 2013 Mixis here to set the mood for the entire Spring season. From deep disco to indie-electro, from big disco to UK + deep house, this mix runs the gamut on all your favorite genres. Lustful, sleazy, bouncy vibes from the MASSIVE track list (incl. Villa, Kastle, Russ Chimes, Classixx, Ali Love & Breach, just to name a few of the fantastic many). ENJOY.
• Baauer‘s surprise hit was a shock for artists heard on it
• Hudson Mohawke confirms new solo album for 2013
• Watch: AlunaGeorge Modernize Fairy Tales in Their “Attracting Flies” Video
• Noir comes stateside
• Watch: Flume‘s new “Holdin’ On” video
Disclosure are very much unstoppable at this point. Their 2012 was undoubtedly one of the most successful in dance music, and they’re starting off 2013 strong with a new collaboration with fellow buzzing UK duo, AlunaGeorge, titled “White Noise.” The brothers have truly done it again with this one — perfectly balancing Aluna’s vocals atop their becomingly signature sound. Expect to hear this one out quite a bit to kick this year off. It’s due out February 17th on PMR Records. √++
• Daft Punk not touring in 2013?
• Eats Everything‘s ‘stolen’ property returned
• Listen: Jamie xx Remixes Coexist‘s “Sunset”
• Wakarusa 2013 Lineup: Round One
• AlunaGeorge reveal further album details, drop new song
YEEEW! Dirt time & all I gotta say is I am very DTF with all of the songs so generously being put into the mix this week. Very much a theme again here, slowed UK vibes and really strongly percussion-based tracks in my picks, and a bit of everything from Jonah; ubiquitously groovy of course. Tons of free jams for everyone to enjoy, and we’re really stoked on all of the producers below & highly recommend checking more of their stuff out! Download all 11 tracks after the jump… Continue Reading