• SBTRKT readies live album
• DJ Zinc has announces new EP, Only for Tonight
• Download a New Song from Nicolas Jaar
• Julio Bashmore‘s “Husk” gets a video
• AraabMuzik Taps Diplo, Skrillex for Next Album
• Skrillex and Ellie Goulding to make an album?
• Download 11 Skream Tracks
• Flight Facilities tackle fourdecades of music for triple j
• Video: The xx “Chained”
• Australia’s Feenixpawl launching first U.S. Tour
When French label Institubes bit the dust in March of last year, Marble was birthed at the behest of Surkin, Bobmo, and Para One. A little over a year old now and the imprint has put out some of the most forward thinking releases in dance music. But perhaps the crown jewel is label boss Para One’s album ‘Passion’, which dropped today. Rumors of ‘album of the year’ are already swirling, just as they should be. It’s simply that good. The product is an amalgamation of all your favorite genres from early hip hop to techno, but it has timeless aspect to it that is something so foreign today where tracks have a shelf-life of a few weeks. You can purchase the album on iTunes. Para One – Passion (Album Teaser) by Marble Music
Quick, go find a Maya Jane Coles release that wasn’t entirely awesome and I’ll hand over my GDD account and password and I’ll be banishéd to a land where there is no music, only hissing white-noise and cacophonous feedback. OK, maybe a bit melodramatic, but Maya’s newest EPDon’t Put Me In Your Box, which came out today on the Hypercolour imprint, is just another wonderfully moody and hypnotic four track dazzler that adds to her blossoming discography. She must hate sunny days, because this is the music you want to be playing as you make your lover a warm cup of tea on a dreadfully rainy Sunday. She has an album coming out next year, sometime around May or June. I know it will be great, because she knows no wrong.