One of the most venerable trio’s in the music business at the moment are set to bring their world renowned acoustic show to the Hollywood Bowl this weekend after an incredible two night stint at The Greek Theater some years ago. I was there when it first went down, and I’m glad this concept was expanded upon so more fans would have the chance to be touched by the music of Jono, Pavo, and Tony.
While I will not be in attendance this weekend, I can’t help but become enamored with the latest release off their Acoustic II LP, “No One On Earth.” Bone chillingly beautiful, and hauntingly graceful, I can’t help but dream about the good times that could have been this weekend. For those unable to make it as well, look out for the full Acoustic II LP released on June 3rd.
Porchester Hall in London yielded three sold out shows for trance trio Above & Beyond where they performed acoustic versions of their original productions for sold out audiences, some set to be released on their upcoming project. Based off the London performance’s success, two special Los Angeles performances have been slated for Oct 13th and 14th. Those who follow A&B on facebook saw that the historic Greek Theater has been chosen as the home for this special performance. Along with the announcement of venue, a one minute preview of “Love Is Not Enough” was released to quell anticipations of what an acoustic set could bring.
Since a new year is one of the best excuses for celebration, many tend to make their plans far in advance. However, my optimism and a little procrastination got the best of me, and before I knew it, I was scrambling to solidify my plans in the afternoon on New Year’s Eve. Luckily, everything fell into place and I was ecstatic to begin 2013 at Insomniac‘s White Wonderland at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Last minute plans certainly don’t always work out as great as they did for my New Year’s Eve. Read how it all went down after the jump…
• Above & Beyond release free download
• Benga gets his own documentary
• Zedd defends Bieber’s dubstep effort
• Video: Netsky – We Can Only Live Today (Puppy) (Feat Billie) (Official Video)
• Dance Music Looks Beyond EDM And Hopes The Crowd Will Follow
Pierce Fulton is gearing up to release his latest EP “Sink or Swim/Mr. Mime” with Cr2 Records on Monday and we can’t wait! The 2 new originals have been teased throughout his videos over the past few weeks and with support already from Above & Beyond, this EP looks like it could be massive.
I am personally loving “Mr. Mime” for its dark yet ethereal dance-ability, and “Sink or Swim” featuring vocals by New York native Bebe Rexha, is a sublime uplifting ballad that I expect will be heard often in the upcoming tour season.
Make sure to catch Pierce on the Love & War tour with Wolfgang Gartner and Popeska too!
- 09/27/12 Thu Varsity Theatre Baton Rouge, LA
- 09/28/12 Fri Lyric Theatre Oxford, MS
- 09/29/12 Sat The Cannery Nashville, TN
- 10/02/12 Tue The Fillmore Silver Spring Silver Spring, MD
- 10/03/12 Wed Pearl Street Nightclub (Ballroom) Northampton, MA
- 10/04/12 Thu Toad’s Place New Haven, CT
- 10/05/12 Fri Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel Providence, RI
- 10/06/12 Sat Higher Ground (Ballroom) Burlington, VT
- 10/09/12 Tue Necto Ann Arbor, MI
- 10/10/12 Wed Bluebird Bloomington, IN
- 10/11/12 Thu Canopy Club Urbana, IL
- 10/16/12 Tue Boulder Theater Boulder, CO
- 10/18/12 Thu The Wilma Theatre Missoula, MT
- 10/19/12 Fri Knitting Factory Concert House Boise, ID
- 10/20/12 Sat Knitting Factory Reno, NV
- 10/22/12 Mon Showbox SoDo Seattle, WA
- 10/23/12 Tue The Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR
- 10/24/12 Wed McDonald Theatre Eugene, OR
- 10/25/12 Thu Knitting Factory Concert House Spokane, WA
- 10/30/12 Tue The Graduate San Luis Obispo, CA
- 10/31/12 Wed The Graduate San Luis Obispo, CA
Happy Friday! Today’s stories include David Guetta’s message to his critics, Above & Beyond on American EDM, Amon Tobin’s ISAM Live 2.0 Tour, and the SOUNDUO Dub Occupation Tour. Please read on after the jump.
Previously, I had posted the awesome Seven Lions remix of “On My Way To Heaven,” but here we have another post worthy rendition from Lenno that takes it into a much different direction. Though the Finnish teen’s disco influences are still subtly in tact, he took a more progressive house approach to the remix, and the results certainly worked in his favor. It’s great to hear the progression of Lenno‘s style, and it’s making me curious as to what else he has in store. Check out the remix after the jump.
Melodic bass music producer extraordinaire, Seven Lions, captured the attention of thousands with the first remix he did for Above and Beyond, and lucky for us, he just put up a stream of another remix he did for them. The amazing new track contains that unique Seven Lions vibe, and all of the heaviness and beauty that are typical of his productions. With every release of his, he further solidifies the fact that it is only a matter of time before he receives the full recognition that he deserves. This remix will be coming out July 9th on Anjunabeats, but you must listen to it after the jump, and give him some ♥ on Hypem!
Good morning! Today’s stories feature Afrojack, Above & Beyond, Justice, Zedd, SIZE TV, & Feed Me. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! We hope you had an excellent weekend. Today’s stories include Ultra Music Festival, the Symbiosis Gathering 2012, Rusko, Above & Beyond, Madeon, & the Pioneer RMX1000. Please read on after the jump.