• Hear Sasha‘s First Single in Almost Four Years
• Crazy P Announce New Album, Walk Dance Talk Sing
• Go behind the scenes at Ableton with a documentary on the developers behind the software
I’m currently 3 weeks into the course material with Point Blank Online. This week’s lesson was all about bass & midi effects. Comparing the material this week to the previous two, there was a major difference. After two weeks of going over instruments, plug-ins, and effects in Abelton live we finally began to focus our attention on music theory. Although the main purpose of this course is to teach Ableton as a production tool, music theory must be incorporated to make any of these examples come to life.
Read last post HERE and see course material and a full break down of week 3 after the jump!
• ‘Harlem Shake‘: The Making And Monetizing Of The Latest YouTube Dance Craze
• Ultra Music Festival 2013 announces ‘Phase 3’ line-up
• Ableton Announces Release Date for Live 9 and Push
• Torrent site The Pirate Bay plan to sue rival website – for copyright infringement
• Rusko plans to release all of his music for free
• Brodinski pulls out of Hard Day of the Dead
• Jay-Z signs Sander van Doorn to Roc Nation
• Video: Tensnake “Mainline (feat. Syron)”
• Foxes Release FIXYN Remix of their hit song “Echo”
• Alixander III of Azari & III preps solo album
• Ableton Officially Announces Live 9, Unveils Push Controller
• Deadmau5 hypes new live show concept: “I can’t believe no one has thought of it”
• Dubfire on reviving Deep Dish: “Festivals are getting tired of the same old artists”
• Tiga mixes Tiga Non Stop
• Warehouse Project announce NYE party
• Grenier Readies EP for Symbols, Shares Preview
• Take a First Look at Ableton Live 9
Happy Friday! Today’s news features Daft Punk, Boys Noize, A Guy Called Gerald, Dubspot + Ableton free trials, Decibel Festival, Aphex Twin, M83, Live Nation, and John Tejada. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! Today’s stories include Tomorrowland 2012, Skrillex + Ellie Goulding + Swedish House Mafia, Kraftwerk, Ableton + Soundcloud, Laidback Luke, Jakob Liedholm, & Snoop Dogg. Please read on for the full stories after the jump.
Last year turned out to be a great year for the 19-year-old German born producer Etnik and for good reason. With a plethora of well known producers praising the young prodigy for his dark and unique sound, Etnik exploded all over the EDM scene. The final kicker may have been when Skrillex shared Etnik’s newest remix of the track, Summer, by the Berlin-based indie duo, I Heart Sharks. Ever since, Etnik has been on powerful producers’ radars as he continues to churn out brilliant tunes left and right. I consider Etnik to be one of my favorite producers, so I could barely contain my excitement when he agreed to do a GDD™ interview and record an exclusive mix just for you dirty dancers.
Check out the Exclusive Interview + Mix after the jump!
On the more experimental side of things, SriSri Means & FiFi Holly – aka FiFi Nasty – have created 5 new live productions – an explorative journey through disco, psychadelic, trance, lounge, breaks, industrial and glitch hop. The coolness however comes through the video capturing how each recording was made, pushing the limits of Ableton live w/ the Novation Launch Pad + APC40. Check out the visuals below, and download the tunes – perfect for groovin out on any level!
FREE DOWNLOADS + VIDEOS AFTER THE JUMP! Continue Reading
Yes! Just the day we’ve been waiting for, Friday. We’re bringing in the weekend strong with the most packed GDD™ Morning Update ever. Rather than listing a more specific overview of the content, you need to go straight to the articles since there is so much great content. See it all after the jump…