• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
Tag Archives: a-trak
A-trak‘s Tuna Melt EP unloaded a stacked collab package at the end of last year, with the self titled EP single w/ Tommy Trash taking things to festival fathoms. With remixes on deck, our Toronto-based friend and familiar Grandtheft has served up the trap treatment on this big room monster and the product is down right naaaasty. And wait, he’s giving it away for free? DAYUM SON, where’d you find this sandwich.
• A-Trak drops first Fool’s Gold mix of 2013
• Dimensions Festival announces monster lineup for 2013
• Flying Lotus Gives First Interview About Captain Murphy, Working on New Material
• Listen to new music and mix from Todd Terje
It’s rather alarming how much being a musician amps up a gentleman’s (or lady’s) “sexiness” level, but there’s no denying it’s true. Musicians have been beacons of much affection for as long as music has existed, perhaps (this is my psych major talking here) because of our innate emotional connection to music, or maybe by some grace of god the handsome gene is connected to the music affinity gene. Who knows. Although I’m more particular to band dudes (drummers, specifically) there’s quite a few devilishly handsome gentlemen amongst the DJ/Producer world that are worthy of the ample female attention they get.
So here we are, as a preliminary chart to GDD’s “Best of 2012″…. Three Wise’s and my list of the “sexiest” artists amongst the electronic sphere. Not only are the below gentlemen considerably easy on the eyes, but their personalities, charisma, wit, and duh, MUSIC all add to culminate what I’d like to call “sexy”. Keep doing your thing, boys. Check out the list all the way to #1 after the jump (my votes in blue, Three Wise’s in red) and let us know where your most handsome DJs rank! -Laura.
The Fool’s Gold family has always stood apart from its peers because of its wide appeal and complex sound. Labelheads A-Trak & Nick Catchdubs make it very clear through their curation that Fool’s Gold can be home to any music that they see fit, which is a perfect segue into the latest release on the label — a 22-track compilation titled Loosies featuring the likes of Juicy J, Jim Jones, Danny Brown, and many more.
“One of the things I’m most fond of with Fool’s Gold is our extended family,” says A-Trak. “Our foundation is in hip hop and the talent around us in incredible. Loosies is raw, unadulterated rap from the dudes who hang out with us backstage at Day Off.” Pick up the limited edition cigarette USB over at the Fool’s Gold Recs store today.
• A-Trak Announces New EP, Listen to a New Track
• Watch Deadmau5 takeover an entire square in London
• Flying Lotus unveils new video featuring Elijah Wood
• Listen to a New Track from Julio Bashmore
• Todd Edwards puts his entire record collection up on Ebay
• A-Trak dishes on new EP and Duck Sauce album
• Tiesto Recruits Bono, Calvin Harris, Diplo for AIDS Charity Compilation – Dance (Red)
• Watch Diplo, Four Tet, Nicolas Jaar, Skream, More in New Warehouse Project Documentary
• Dirtybird Presents Stuff the Bird with Claude VonStroke and Justin Jay
• Kastle Remixes Disclosure, Offers it for Free Download
The deeper half of Dave Spoon aka Shadow Child has been on a warpath since his emergence in 2012. With an already incredible roster of production done this year, Shadow Child takes his new remixes for a ride: to the jungle for A-Trak & Zinc‘s “Stingray” and to the deep end for Miguel Campbell‘s new “Rockin’ Beats.” Both out on October 15th – do NOT sleep on these.