I’ve always been a fan of Para One, from his work on Institubes (RIP) to his latest work with CamRon (dipppppsetttttt), and funnily enough I’d never gotten the chance to see him DJ. That all changed when I very serendipitously ended up at almost all of his shows in Miami for WMC. Fairly reserved and soft-spoken in person, Jean-Baptiste is a fucking crazy man when he plays, his energy is magnetic and it just makes hearing his own stuff that much more special.
Well, obviously enough people responded to him playing out a live version of his track “You” that he decided to give it away for free on his Soundcloud. Way to denounce the “french people are dicks” stereotype, Para One. A lively edit that combines some other Para One tracks like Find A Place and Contemplation, “You Too” is a fun number perfect for the summer. It can’t hurt that it’s one of A-Trak’s new favorites either.
The Vancouver native Sleepy Tom has quickly made a name for himself with his viral remixes across the blogosphere and an especially wide supported take on Diplo’s “Set It Off”. Today, his debut original EP was just released worldwide on Fool’s Gold Records, already gaining support from the likes of A-Trak, Mat Zo, GTA, and Style Of Eye (to name only a few). I gave this a listen today and haven’t been able to pick a favorite – these are all seriously huge tracks that we can guarantee you’ll hear across the festival circuit this summer. Check them out below, and pick up the Currency EP today on Beatport!
• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
A-trak‘s Tuna Melt EP unloaded a stacked collab package at the end of last year, with the self titled EP single w/ Tommy Trash taking things to festival fathoms. With remixes on deck, our Toronto-based friend and familiar Grandtheft has served up the trap treatment on this big room monster and the product is down right naaaasty. And wait, he’s giving it away for free? DAYUM SON, where’d you find this sandwich.
• A-Trak drops first Fool’s Gold mix of 2013
• Dimensions Festival announces monster lineup for 2013
• Flying Lotus Gives First Interview About Captain Murphy, Working on New Material
• Listen to new music and mix from Todd Terje
It’s rather alarming how much being a musician amps up a gentleman’s (or lady’s) “sexiness” level, but there’s no denying it’s true. Musicians have been beacons of much affection for as long as music has existed, perhaps (this is my psych major talking here) because of our innate emotional connection to music, or maybe by some grace of god the handsome gene is connected to the music affinity gene. Who knows. Although I’m more particular to band dudes (drummers, specifically) there’s quite a few devilishly handsome gentlemen amongst the DJ/Producer world that are worthy of the ample female attention they get.
So here we are, as a preliminary chart to GDD’s “Best of 2012″…. Three Wise’s and my list of the “sexiest” artists amongst the electronic sphere. Not only are the below gentlemen considerably easy on the eyes, but their personalities, charisma, wit, and duh, MUSIC all add to culminate what I’d like to call “sexy”. Keep doing your thing, boys. Check out the list all the way to #1 after the jump (my votes in blue, Three Wise’s in red) and let us know where your most handsome DJs rank! -Laura. Continue Reading
The Fool’s Gold family has always stood apart from its peers because of its wide appeal and complex sound. Labelheads A-Trak & Nick Catchdubs make it very clear through their curation that Fool’s Gold can be home to any music that they see fit, which is a perfect segue into the latest release on the label — a 22-track compilation titled Loosies featuring the likes of Juicy J, Jim Jones, Danny Brown, and many more.
“One of the things I’m most fond of with Fool’s Gold is our extended family,” says A-Trak. “Our foundation is in hip hop and the talent around us in incredible. Loosies is raw, unadulterated rap from the dudes who hang out with us backstage at Day Off.” Pick up the limited edition cigarette USB over at the Fool’s Gold Recs store today.
• A-Trak Announces New EP, Listen to a New Track
• Watch Deadmau5 takeover an entire square in London
• Flying Lotus unveils new video featuring Elijah Wood
• Listen to a New Track from Julio Bashmore
• Todd Edwards puts his entire record collection up on Ebay Continue Reading
• A-Trak dishes on new EP and Duck Sauce album
• Tiesto Recruits Bono, Calvin Harris, Diplo for AIDS Charity Compilation – Dance (Red)
• Watch Diplo, Four Tet, Nicolas Jaar, Skream, More in New Warehouse Project Documentary
• Dirtybird Presents Stuff the Bird with Claude VonStroke and Justin Jay
• Kastle Remixes Disclosure, Offers it for Free Download