• Move over MJ: Calvin Harris sets new UK chart record
• Mysteryland turns 20 with bumper 2013 line-up
• Boards of Canada‘s surprise single appears in Rough Trade East
• Zomby to Release Double-Disc Album via 4AD; Hear Another New Track
This year our favorite festival has a very special addition that we are all very excited to experience. The Yuma Stage is a new feature at Coachella that is stacked with some of the top DJs and legends of the deep house scene. To some this is probably everything you have dreamed of; while to others the names and the music might be unfamiliar. Not to worry though because I have crafted a mix that hopes to encapsulate the vibes played throughout the Yuma the next two weekends. Take a listen to prepare yourself for Coachella’s newest stage. It’s going to be a glorious two weeks!
The visionary Southern California music and arts company, The Do LaB, has announced its Lightning in a Bottle 2013 lineup. With a diverse offering of top-tier and emerging talent including Rusko, Nicolas Jaar, Lee Burridge, Emancipator, Kastle, Psychemagik, Jobot, and Odesza, among many others, it is set to be yet another incredible experience supplemented by art, yoga, workshops, speakers, consciousness, and more. For tickets and more information visit lightninginabottle.org.
The dance music prodigy from Santa Barbara, California, Seven Lions, released his incendiary set from his Ultra Music Festival debut at the OWSLA stage on Saturday, March 16th. Through his cohesive, yet incredibly eclectic, set consisting of tasteful Electro-House, Dubstep and everything in between, he was able to provide listeners with a powerful, deep-rooted experience unlike any other. This Seven Lions performance, along with his many more to come, serves to strengthen his highly sought-after appeal by displaying not only his superb music in a live setting, but also his prowess as a DJ. He is set to continue on his ascent to international dance music stardom as 2013 has already proven to be another groundbreaking year.
• Tiga drops hints about new album
• Light Nightclub Turns On Friday, April 26th, 2013
• Doctor’s orders: Avicii forced to cancel more gigs
• Hideout announces 2013 boat party lineup
• MK next up on Defected’s In The House series
Ever week over the summer Steve Lawler curates a night in Ibiza inspired by the 1979 cult classic, The Warriors, called “Viva Warriors”. Two weeks ago on March 2nd he brought this special night to London, in which I was able to attend.
Read the full story after the jump!
After a month of anticipation since this anthem debuted on Radio 1, Russ Chimes has leaked the full version on his Soundcloud. The timing of this release is perfect as it is sure to be the cut to kickstart your weekend spirit and take you exactly where you need to go after a long week. At first listen it seems like a very basic track, but that’s because Russ Chimes has stripped it down to the bare essentials. The vocals electrify the bouncing bass line while the four on the floor beat takes you home. Set to be released on Deconstruction/Columbia Records April 29th, it represents his first moves in 2013 following up his hit single “Back 2 You” in 2012.
• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
• Coachella 2013 lineup revealed
• Ultra Music Festival Phase 2
• Crosstown Rebels Celebrates 10 Years with Global Tour
• Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, and More to Appear on ‘Dirtybird Players’
• Maor Levi Releases His Remix of The Killers
• Massive Attack announce live collaboration with documentary maker Adam Curtis
• LA Times: “Sorry, but we did not accidentally release the Coachella lineup”
• First acts released for Tomorrowland 2013
• Governors Ball’s 2013 lineup is insane: Kanye, Kings of Leon, and just about everyone else
• Eric Prydz out to “darken” Las Vegas with new residency
• Hear a New Track from Boddika & Joy Orbison