Austin, Texas: the home of keeping things weird. On March 13th, our friends at Dim Mak intend to do just that at this year’s Austin 2013 Showcase. They’ve teamed up with Buygore – label of the King of Filth himself, Borgore–and Scion to bring you an event filled with madness and mayhem. Expect appearances from Borgore, AutoErotique, PeaceTreaty, Carnage, Scanners, Azari & III, and many more. You won’t want to miss out on this event, so RSVP NOW for FREE entry to the Dim Mak official Austin 2013 showcase.
MIX DOWNLOAD + EVENT INFO (after the jump) Continue Reading
• Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Mumford & Sons to Play Bonnaroo
• RBMA New York announce first batch of events and guest speakers
• Skream steps up for All Gone Miami 2013
• Azari & III reworked by Disclosure, Nicolas Jaar, Maceo Plex, and more on remix album
• DJs Play Ball – Miami’s Red Blue Classic Basketball Game
• ‘Harlem Shake‘: The Making And Monetizing Of The Latest YouTube Dance Craze
• Ultra Music Festival 2013 announces ‘Phase 3’ line-up
• Ableton Announces Release Date for Live 9 and Push
• Torrent site The Pirate Bay plan to sue rival website – for copyright infringement
If you’re heading to Miami next month, one party that cannot be missed is Crosstown Rebels’ GET LOST event at the Electric Pickle. The top label is celebrating its 10th year in 2013, and they are pulling out all the stops for a massive all-day soiree in Downtown Miami. On top of the behemoth lineup, we’ve heard that some legendary special guests will be making an appearance for this one.
Buy tickets here. Continue Reading
• Daft Punk leave EMI for Columbia and confirm fourth album
• 231 declared dead after nightclub fire in Brazil
• Addison Groove makes a trip to North America
• Life and Death US Tour
It seems like a bit of a paradox that one can make earthy connected songs with various technological pieces, but Eskmo seems to have found that exact niche with his new EP Terra. After his previous release Language out on Ancestor back in October, Terra brings a totally new perspective, this time darker, slower, and more “earthy”. It’s a wonderful release filled with emotion and craftily arranged drums and progressions that are both moving and soulful. You can grab the EP over on his website (and name your own price for it too), and read my quick little interview with him after the jump.
• Coachella 2013 lineup revealed
• Ultra Music Festival Phase 2
• Crosstown Rebels Celebrates 10 Years with Global Tour
• Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, and More to Appear on ‘Dirtybird Players’
• Maor Levi Releases His Remix of The Killers
• Massive Attack announce live collaboration with documentary maker Adam Curtis
Well what originally started as entirely a joke between young Three Wise & myself quickly escalated into one of the most popular posts on GottaDanceDirty…. and for that we’d like to thank SEXY DJs and the apparent thousands of people who want to know who they are. Any way, we’re back & although there’ll be slightly less pretty pictures for you to look at this week there’s definitely no shortage of sexy jams. — Laura.
For those of you that trust us:
Download all 5 of Laura D’s Dirt tracks (.zip)
Download all 5 of Three Wise’s Dirt tracks (.zip)
And for those of you more into investigating, explore the depths of our realm after the jump….
• Download the Disclosure remix of Artful Dodger
• Listen/Watch: Jamie xx‘s New Boiler Room Set
• James Murphy, Arcade Fire collaboration confirmed
• Police raid London venues
Berklee College of Music graduate, Matt Lange, might just be one of the next best producers to look out for in my personal opinion. Piqued by his inclusion in Usher’s remix EP on RCA, I investigated Matt Lange and his back catalogue, and I was astonished not only by the amount of work this guy has put out already but the extreme diversity of his sound production. His focus is seemingly similar to that of Seven Lions; morphing Trance, Progressive House, Dubstep, and Glitch in a way that shouldn’t sound good but really, truly does. I encourage you to check out all of his tunes over on Soundcloud, and make sure to give a listen to this incredibly sultry remix of ‘Numb’ below. √+