After 8 years of keeping his artistry to himself, the legendary Paul Kalkbrenner has announced that he will be releasing a remix album featuring new renditions of tracks from his entire catalog. PK has called upon a select group of friends and esteemed peers to rework his productions, revealing GDD™ favorite, Vitalic‘s, remix for “Altes Kamuffel” today as the first of many forthcoming. What’s pretty neat about this release is that Paul wanted the remixers to choose the tracks that they personally wanted to work on, making for an even more exciting and passionate release. Check Vitalic’s remix below and keep an eye on Paul’s website for more info.
• Download Hudson Mohawke‘s ‘Slow Jams VII’ Valentine’s Day Mix
• Holy Ship festival extending to two weekends next year
• Listen to a New Track from Machinedrum‘s Upcoming EP for Ninja Tune
• De La Soul release entire catalog for free
• Listen to a brand new track from new Fake Blood EP
• Watch the video for Cashmere Cat‘s “Wedding Bells”
• Hypercolour Preps New Maya Jane Coles Remix Package with Reworks from Bonobo, Kowton, and Dark Sky
• Phil Kieran to release next Hotflush EP with Ryan Elliot Remix
Here’s how to absolutely nail it: take everyone’s favorite Outkast songs, cover them (beautifully) over a a beat that sounds more Disclosure than Disclosure themselves, throw in plenty of pitch play, blast out, set blogs aflame.
Z, you hereby have my co-sign. Whoever you are.
Is it Disclosure trolling us by putting out something so Disclosurey? Does this mean that they will be performing with not only Mary J. Blige but also with Outkast at Coachella? In The Pyramid? Do I know who Z is?
• Check Out MK‘s ‘Essential Mix’ for BBC Radio 1
• Todd Terje unveils new single ‘Delorean Dynamite’ from It’s Album Time
• Four Tet uploads unofficial Ellie Goulding remix to SoundCloud
• Voting Open for International Dance Music Awards
• Flume set for collaborations with Skrillex and Major Lazer
• Watch Magda Talk Berlin, Detroit, Richie Hawtin, and More
• Music individuals open lawsuit against SFX Entertainment
• Dubstep pioneer Benga announces “my DJ career is finished”
• The Cure Plan New Record, Live DVDs, Another Album Trilogy Tour
• Dimensions Festival announces line-up for 2014
• Stream: Cyril Hahn and Javeon, “Breaking”
• Burial reveals himself to fans and says thanks
• Duck Sauce Channel Eighties and Classic Hip-Hop for Debut LP ‘Quack’
• Adam Beyer journeys round North America
• Preview South London Ordnance‘s Upcoming 12″
• Bromance announces first release of 2014
• Pillow Talk Announce Debut LP, Je Ne Sais Quoi
• Leon Vynehall preps Music For The Uninvited
Australian indie-dancers, RÜFÜS DU SOL (formerly RÜFÜS), have announced their first US headline tour today, much to the enjoyment of many here at GDD. After releasing the incredible debut album, Atlas, last year, the trio have really set themselves apart as real players in the indie/dance crossover market, as evident in this 15+ date tour of America with invitations to both SxSW and Miami in March.
Preceding the momentous jaunt of North America is a new EP from the guys out today on a favorite imprint of ours here at GDD, Sweat It Out! 4 tracks comprise the Desert Night EP, with two originals from RDS and a pair of remixes from two producers who are absolutely nailing it at the moment, Symbols boss Kastle and WeDidIt’s Groundislava.
Preview Kastle’s dark, Garage-esque take of the title track, “Desert Night,” below and click the jump button for all of RÜFÜS DU SOL’s March tour dates.
RÜFÜS DU SOL ON TOUR:
*Denotes headline tour date
3/7 San Francisco, CA – PopScene @ RickShaw Stop*
3/8 Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex*
3/11 San Diego, CA - Bang Bang*
3/12 Austin, TX – SXSW
3/13 Austin, TX – SXSW
3/14 Austin, TX – SXSW
3/15 Austin, TX – SXSW
3/19 Calgary, AB – Commonwealth Bar*
3/20 Vancouver, BC – Fortune Sound Club*
3/21 Seattle, WA – Neumo’s*
3/22 Portland, OR – Holocene*
3/26 New York, NY – Highline Ballroom*
3/27 Washington, DC – U Street Music Hall*
3/28 Miami, FL – Winter Music Conference
3/29 Miami, FL – Winter Music Conference
3/30 Miami, FL – Winter Music Conference
4/4 Chicago, IL – Bottom Lounge*