After releasing their new track, “Christian Bale,” off of their forthcoming debut OWSLA EP, YOGI has come through with an absolutely massive guest mix. Weaving through a refined selection of everything from Kendrick Lamar and Jay-Z to RL Grime, Keys N Krates, and Daft Punk, they draw listeners in with their exceptional taste and a high-energy mixing style that would seamlessly transfer into a live setting. YOGI has now proven themselves as a very promising act with expertise both in the studio and behind the decks. Expect big things for the future… Enjoy the guest mix below and see the tracklist after the jump.
If you missed it last week, check out “Christian Bale”:
GDD Guest Mix
After discovering Lindsay Lowend over a year ago, I knew that he had great potential. Now with a more refined sound and plenty of releases, including his Wind Fish EP on Symbols Recordings and a handful of stand-out remixes, he has been creating a substantial amount of buzz around his distinctive talent. We couldn’t wait for more Lindsay Lowend music, so we’ve enlisted him for this week’s guest mix. Enjoy his eclectic offering below.
After a little break off during Halloween festivities, we return into a new month and a new GDD guest mix. This week, we bring you the jackin bass-heavy sounds of Mob Serenade. The UK-based duo have been on a warpath of production that is seeing support from the likes of Laidback Luke, T. Williams, Doorly, Zinc, Roska, and more. ranging from the deepest to the biggest. I’ve been a personal fan of theirs since I first hear their tracks on Shadow Child’s RINSE FM show, and I couldn’t be happier that they we’re keen on doing a mix for us. This is an hour long of some of the best in UK house and the likes, so get ready to “smile and shake a leg” as they specifically put it! Welcome to November, and enjoy
Cause & Affect – Poppin
Low Steppa – Simples
Josh Butler – Keep Movin
Taneli – You (Taneli’s Tool Edit)
Disclosure – Help Me lose my mind Ft London Grammar (Paul Woolford Dub)
Crystal Fighters – L.A Calling (The Golden Boy Remix)
Eats Everything & Justin Martin – The Getup
Kry Wolf – Concrete
Disclosure – Grab Her
Hannah Wants & Chris Lorenzo – I Refuse
Motez – Call My Name (Kry Wolf Remix)
Look Right Through (MK DUB 111)
Double 99 – Rip Groove
Breach – Jack
Javeon – Love song (Shadow Child Remix)
Mob Serenade – Inside Live
Mr Oizo – Flat beat
French Fries – Yo Vogue
Mob Serenade – Out of Time
Friend Within – The Renegade
In celebration of the Win & Friends stage at Life is Beautiful Festival in Las Vegas this weekend, the label’s founder, Sean Glass, offers up an excellent one and half hour mix. Featuring many deep house gems and unreleased material mostly from Win Music, the mix highlights Glass as a distinctive tastemaker and a skillful DJ. Check out the mix below, and if you’re going to LIB, be sure to spend some time at the Win & Friends stage (lineup after the jump).
This edition of the GDD™ Guest Mix, we welcome the Melbourne Aussie native Torren Foot. This is an hour of bass heavy house music with a ghetto vibe meant for the club. Big tunes, big energy. I’ve been supporting this guy immensely in my sets and so has the likes of Amine Edge & DANCE, Oliver, Destructo, Yolanda Be Cool, and many more I’m sure.
1. NTFO & Rhadow – No Satisfaction (Original Mix)
2. Torren Foot – Untitled
3. Tapesh & KANT – Ey Yo (Original Mix)
4. Torren Foot – The Illest (Surfdisco Remix)
5. RUFUS – Take Me (Cassian Remix)
6. Green Velvet – Bigger Than Prince (Hot Since 82 Remix)
7. Amine Edge & Dance – My Girl (Original Mix)
8. Sharam Jey, Alex W & Sammy E – SWAG (Original Mix)
9. Nora En Pure – Remind Me (Original Mix)
10. Tapesh & KANT – Talking Dirty (Mat.Joe’s Clean Up Remix)
11. Sharam Jey & Vanilla Ace – My Thang (Original Mix)
12. Rubberteeth – Bounce That Body (Original Mix) [Jump To This Records]
13. Go Freek – Lava Lamp (Original Mix)
14. Bixel Boys – Black December (Original Mix)
15. Breach – Jack (Combo! Glamorous Edit)
16. Astronomar & Bot – Ghettobox (Original Mix)
17. Go Freek – Bump In The Night (Original Mix)
18. Rubberteeth – Back Down (Original Mix) [Jump To This Records]
19. Amtrac – Those Days (Original Mix)
20. Amine Edge & Dance – Bitches In The Projects (Original Mix)
This week in the guest mix we’ve got Florida’s slamming duo SLDGHMR. Signed to Le Castle Vania’s Always Never Records, SLDGHMR brings a creative and tightly-produced fusion of banging electro and barreling techno in a way that’s all their own. Their 40 minute mix explores the world of this savage, energetic, rampaging blend with tracks from the finest artists in that spectrum like Proxy, Maelstrom, Gesaffelstein, and Boys Noize. Looks like there’s some brand new unreleased tunes from them in there as well!
You can listen to the mix on Mixcloud below and make sure you go check out SLDGHMR’s amazing Reset EP. Tracklist after the jump!
ODESZA, the Pacific North West-based production duo consisting of Harrison Mills (Catacombkid) and Clayton Knight (BeachesBeaches), just released an inventive new EP, My Friends Never Die, as a follow-up to their debut album, Summer’s Gone. Once again, the duo has created a purely original array of sun-soaked, soulful hip-hop grooves accented by glittering melodies and fine tuned vocal samples.
ODESZA now offers up a special GDD™ Guest Mix to supplement their new release. With the inclusion of their own tracks and others from Vindata, TEED, Bonobo, Djemba Djemba, and Kaytranada, among others, they’ve put together some great listening material for you all to enjoy. Listen/download the mix below and check out the tracklist, as well as their new EP, after the jump.
We’ve enlisted Australia’s promising deep house specialist, Thomas Jack, for this week’s GDD™ guest mix. Recently featured here for his stunning Booka Shade tribute, “Booka Shake,” Thomas has gained our attention while making waves in the underground. Adding a signature tropical twist to a typically dark, brooding genre, he manifests the Summery, feel-good vibes of his home country to set himself apart from the rest – without compromising the essential grooves. Enjoy this mix from Mr. Thomas Jack.
We present to you the next artist in our GDD™ Guest Mix series… the LA-based Wood Holly offers up over an hour long of thick booty-tech and bass driven house, filled with favorites from the likes of Claude Von Stroke, Salva, Krywolf, Mark Starr & Lux Groove, and forthcoming releases on Perfect Driver, No Brainer, and Main Course. Dig in kids!
1. Wood Holly – Spiritual Gangsta (Original Mix)
2. Claude Vonstroke – The Clapping Track (Original Mix)
3. Wuki – Same Damn Sound (Original Mix)
4. Wood Holly – Bowser (Original Mix)
5. Salva – Drop That B (Original Mix)
6. Lux Groove & Mark Starr – Oscillate (Original Mix)
7. Wk7 – Higher Power (Hardcore Pck Mix)
8. CDBL – That Trick (Mad Villains Remix)
9. Shark Slayer & Say Wut – The Buckhorn (Original Mix)
10. Sluggers – Turbo Fade (Mark Starr)
11. Kry Wolf – Concrete (Woz Remix)
12. Wood Holly – Space Cash (Original Mix)
13, Rich Boy – Throw Some D’s (Jordan Postrel Remix)
14. Travie Bobby – Out The Trunk (Original Mix)
15. Mac Dre – Thizzle Dance (Wood Holly Furly Ghost VIP)
16. Aaron Snapes – Whatcha Wanna Do (Wood Holly Remix)
17. Phrixus – Bring It Back (Original Mix)
18. Wood Holly – Up Hands (Original Mix)
We begin September with a very special edition of our guest mix series featuring the virtuosic producer known as Max Cooper. As one of Resident Advisor’s top live acts of 2012, he is known for his all-original sets that span from sublime melody-driven soundscapes to glitchy techno. His guest mix embodies this diverse, fine-tuned style that is both emotive and ethereal on a fundamental level. Max has included tons of unreleased tracks, so have a listen for an inside look on his future material. (tracklist after the jump)
In addition to the mix, we were able to catch up with him about his experience making music while getting his PhD in genetics, the best advice he has received, what he likes to drink and more. Read his responses and check out his upcoming tour dates after the jump.