• Coachella unveils set times for 2015
• Watch the Lightning in a Bottle 2015 Official Video
• Kölsch Announces New Album, Previews Track
• BETABLOCK3R Releases New Single, “In My Head”
• Stream Two Previously Unheard Frankie Knuckles Mixes
• Visionquest hit 50 releases with Seclusion from Shaun Reeves and Tuccillo
• Funkadelic & Soul Clap Collaborate at Red Bull Studios
• Further Future Announces Full Schedule
• Citizenn Announces Debut Album, Drops Lead Track “Tied”
• Till Von Sein preps new LP for May
Dutchmen, Mr. Belt & Wezol, have taken a step back in time to rework the CeCe Peniston’s 90s classic, “Finally,” that just happens to have been released the year I was born, 1991. After a slew of crowd favorite releases, this house music power duo continues to show off their studio chops, and their latest release gives newer dance music fans a little taste of how things used to be, while also giving them something fresh. For “Finally,” Mr. Belt & Wezol fuse CeCe Peniston’s vocals and piano riffs with their future house sound for a stand-out revitalization of the track. Have a listen here and stay tuned for the release on Monday, April 6th.
• Fur Coat step up for Balance Presents
• Lido & Canblaster Announce Collaborative EP, Share Two Tracks
• Late Night Alumni “Runaway” with Second Release Off Eclipse
• FMLYBND Releases New Single, “Euphoria”
• Jay Z launches streaming music service TIDAL
• Tale of Us Share “Distante” as Part of Nils Frahm’s Piano Day
• Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum return as JETS
• Native Instruments has developed a new audio format
Last year, France’s Watermät broke through with his hit, “Bullit,” that was one of the biggest tracks of the summer, and now he’s back with a new collaboration with Germany’s TAI as a follow up. Each of them have their own individual sounds, but when they’re fused together, the result is this firing new tune, “Frequency.” Combining driving grooves with big-room appropriate elements, the pair seem to have created a versatile house tune that can crush a festival, just as hard as a club. Have a listen to “Frequency” here – it’ll be released next Monday, March 30th via Spinnin’ Records.
• Do LaB Coachella Stage Announces Lineup and Exciting Changes in 2015
• Further Future Announces Reveals Full Music Program For Voyage 001: May 1-3
• Listen to The Prodigy‘s New Album, The Day Is My Enemy, on iTunes
• Jamie xx to Release Debut Album
With new festivals spawning in all corners of the United States and abroad, it’s easy for an event to fly under the radar, but San Diego’s CRSSD Festival harnessed our attention with its outstanding music programming, gorgeous venue, and more. After an anxious few months, the long-awaited festival finally descended upon the bay front park, and thousands upon thousands attended to experience a summery soirée helmed by some of the world’s finest producer/DJs and musicians like Maceo Plex, Chromeo, Hot Natured, Robert Delong, GDD™ homies Thomas Jack, Viceroy, Bixel Boys, and SNBRN, amongst others. By now, you’ve probably heard that CRSSD Festival was a great success, but in our minds, it was the perfect way to kick off festival season.
Hear about our experiences on each day after the jump.
• Listen to Fort Romeau‘s Upcoming LP for Ghostly
• GAPS debut album arrives on Maya Jane Coles’s I/AM/ME label
• Underworld and Heller & Farley Unite For Frankie Knuckles Tribute