• DIRTYBIRD Campout Announces Complete Lineup for Inaugural
• SoundCloud confirms paid subscription service on the way
• ROOM8 Releases New Jam, “This Place Again” featuring Polina
• Royal‘s Cycles EP Remixed Features Jai Wolf, Hotel Garuda & More
After dropping his remix of Oh Wonder’s “Lose It” last month, Jerry Folk is back with a new original for those in need of a nu-disco groove. On “Futura,” Jerry fuses an array of synths, keys, edited vocal samples, and a driving rhythm for a smooth jam that evokes memories of a care-free drive down PCH in the summertime. Listen below and download it here.
• Function, Roman Flügel, Bonobo, and Autechre Head up Decibel 2015
• DIRTYBIRD Campout Announces Partnership with Do LaB for October 2-4 Festival
• Hear Rare DJ Tennis Rework of Caribou’s “Mars”
• Royal Delivers Latest Tune, “Queen of France”
Earlier this year, Detroit’s saxophone wielding, electro-soul ambassador, GRiZ, dropped one of his biggest tunes yet, “For the Love” featuring Talib Kweli, and over the course of 4 months, it amassed over 1 million plays. With its success, it’s no surprise that a fresh remix has surfaced, and it happens to be from the ODESZA-endorsed artist, Big Wild. This rising talent has given “For the Love” his own California flavor with a re-worked groove and edited elements from the original, as well as melodic percussion, and other new instrumental accents. Enjoy the remix and see where you can catch GRiZ on tour here.
• Pete Tong & Hot Since 82 Drop the “Ibiza 2015″ Double Mix
• 50Weapons Closes Label After 10 Years
• mau5trap Announces the Signing of Matt Lange and his Debut LP
• Preview a New Album from Donato Dozzy
• Michael Brun and Roy English Soundtrack Your Summer With New Single – ‘Tongue Tied July’
• Paul Kalkbrenner Unveils ‘Feed Your Head’ Featuring Vocal Sample of Jefferson Airplane From Forthcoming Album 7
• Watch Short Documentary on Tale of Us‘ Trip to South Africa
• Rustie Digs His Claws In With “Big Catzz”
• Joris Voorn mixes fabric 83
• TomorrowWorld Announces Final Lineup For 2015 Edition
• Hear a Track from the New Hunter/Game EP
• Alina Baraz Lends Her Vocals To Ta-Ku’s “Down For You”
• Nils Frahm steps up for LateNightTales
After some teasing on their social media pages, SMLE, a live electronic group that evolved out of frustration with the current state of dance music, returns with the announcement of their forthcoming EP, Reasons To, along with the first single off of the anticipated release. Aiming to deliver music with substance, this anonymous group is keeping a focus on what matters most, while letting their egos take a back seat.
In celebration of their return, SMLE has given us the premiere of their lead single, “Every Chance You Get.” With live instrumentation including drums, synths, guitar, keys, and more, the group fuses all elements together in a stand out, genre-bending track that rides a fine line between electronic and rock, while also being suitable for the dance floor. Enjoy the track above, download it for free here, and stay tuned for more SMLE coming soon.
Earlier this year, we had the pleasure of attending the first CRSSD Festival in San Diego, and it was the perfect kick off for our festival season. Now several months later, CRSSD surprises the masses with the announcement of their Fall 2015 edition that looks to be even more promising than the last. With the lineup featuring everyone from The Flaming Lips and TV On the Radio, to Jamie xx, Ben Klock, and Justin Jay, Southern California is in for another outstanding festival experience this October. Tickets are on sale here this Friday, July 17th at 12pm PST.
Check out the Fall festival trailer after the jump!
• Howling Release X Machina Remix EP
• Defected meets Get Physical on mix album
• Thomas Jack Unveils New Single, “Rivers”
• Honey Soundsystem Relaunches Label with Two New EPs