The visionary Southern California music and arts company, The Do LaB, has announced its Lightning in a Bottle 2013 lineup. With a diverse offering of top-tier and emerging talent including Rusko, Nicolas Jaar, Lee Burridge, Emancipator, Kastle, Psychemagik, Jobot, and Odesza, among many others, it is set to be yet another incredible experience supplemented by art, yoga, workshops, speakers, consciousness, and more. For tickets and more information visit lightninginabottle.org.
Author Archives: Tōks
• James Blake inaugurates the 1-800-Dinosaur label with new single; may be collaborating with Kendrick Lamar
• Maceo Plex goes to the “Galactic Cinema”
• Zombie Disco Squad mixes Classic Through The Eyes Of
• Will Saul to release debut album as Close
After releasing his remix of The Neighbourhood’s “Sweater Weather,” Vaski quickly follows up with a brand new original in collaboration with Betty Borderline on vocals. “Baddest” is a fusion of house and dubstep driven by a gritty bassline, tribal drums, and Betty’s call-to-action lyrics. Vaski continues on his venture in the more up-tempo realm without diminishing his bass-heavy roots. Purchase “Baddest” on Beatport and keep an eye out for a remix competition.
• Lollapalooza 2013 Lineup Revealed
• Kraftwerk banned from playing in China
• Thom Yorke interviewed on Alec Baldwin’s podcast
• Francois K announces mix album
• Synth pioneer Robert Moog inducted into National Inventors Hall of Fame
• Glastonbury reveals 2013 lineup
• Go behind the scenes on Justice‘s world tour
• The Do LaB Presents the Magic of The Great Convergence; The Polish Ambassador, Papadosio, and Thriftworks in LA Tonight
• Visionquest Thirteen hits the road
• Kompakt to release classical reworkings of Michael Mayer, Gui Boratto, and more
Photo By: Timothy Norris
On Saturday, March 16th, the Portland-based electronica artist,
This week we drop back into the groove with Mexicali’s burgeoning deep house duo, Climbers. Their guest mix exemplifies how they have been making a name for themselves in the underground with their signature sound that includes a unique blend of “classic house percussions, emphatic bass lines, old school vocal sampling and atmospheric synth pads.” With a forthcoming OFF Recordings release and the launching of their own label with an original track and remix by Frankie Knuckles on the horizon, Climbers show no signs of slowing down.
TRACKLIST AFTER THE JUMP
The dance music prodigy from Santa Barbara, California, Seven Lions, released his incendiary set from his Ultra Music Festival debut at the OWSLA stage on Saturday, March 16th. Through his cohesive, yet incredibly eclectic, set consisting of tasteful Electro-House, Dubstep and everything in between, he was able to provide listeners with a powerful, deep-rooted experience unlike any other. This Seven Lions performance, along with his many more to come, serves to strengthen his highly sought-after appeal by displaying not only his superb music in a live setting, but also his prowess as a DJ. He is set to continue on his ascent to international dance music stardom as 2013 has already proven to be another groundbreaking year.
• Stream Swedish House Mafia‘s Final Show
• Watch: Holy Ship! 2014 upsizes to world’s most epic party boat
• Flying Lotus and Thundercat working with Herbie Hancock?
• Mount Kimbie announce new album Cold Spring Fault Less Youth
In the midst of being support for Excision‘s Executioner tour, the rising bass music maestro, Vaski, flexes his multifaceted production expertise in his genre-bending remix of The Neighbourhood‘s “Sweater Weather.” He continues to push the boundaries of his own musical dexterity to innovate and grow as an artist – just as any true artist should. Enjoy his dubstep-influenced House remix and read a few words from Vaski himself.
“I found the original through related artists and was instantly hooked. It was one of those songs that I liked but I kept hearing things I thought they should do differently, so I started making an edit for fun, and it turned into a full remix. I haven’t done much at 128 but I’m really happy with how this turned out. Lately I’ve been chasing a certain sound with my production, and this remix is a sneak peak at what’s to come in the coming months.”