• The BPM Festival Announces Phase 2 Lineup
• Eric Prydz’s Entire Cirez D/Mouseville Catalogue Now Available on Spotify
• CRSSD Festival to Take Place on Bay of San Diego March 14/15
• Check Out Body High Producer Motions‘ Bootleg Remix of Drake
One of New York’s finest house music maestros, Eli Escobar, has been enjoying a stand out year that has seen the launch of his own Night People NYC label, several brilliant releases, like his most recent Madonna and The Devil EP on Curses‘ Safer At Night label, and more. With his prolific 20-year music career, Eli has built a well-respected reputation as a gifted and dedicated producer/DJ, while continuing to grow his influence with unwavering credibility that only comes with time. Now he’s graced us with an eclectic hour of house music on this guest mix that fuses the sounds of the past, present, and future into a captivating offering, which perfectly compliments his new EP. Listen/download the mix below, and check out Eli’s Madonna and The Devil EP after the jump.
• Shlohmo Signs to True Panther, Drops New Single
• Listen to Carl Craig‘s remix of Caribou’s “Your Love Will Set You Free”
• Friends of Friends Preps Debut LP from Nadastrom; Hear a Track Now
• Resident Advisor Reveals Top DJs of 2014
• Stream Eli Escobar’s after-hours-readyMadonna And The Devil EP, forthcoming on Safer At Night
• xxxy Preps New EP for Rinse; Hear the Title Track
• Future Classic readies compilation, Teen Idols
• Hear Morgan Geist Remix Les Sins
• Grammy Awards Nominations Announced
• Claude VonStroke & Green Velvet to Perform as ‘Get Real’ in LA, Detroit, and Chicago
• Gorgon City to Start Work on Second Album this Month
• Autograf Releases Remix of Corbu’s “Neon Hallway”
• Jam City shares another glimpse of his second album, ‘Crisis’
Desert Hearts Festival & Desert Hearts Records founder, Mikey Lion, is a man of many hats, but there is only one instantly recognizable, feather-laden hat that the cultivator of vibes wears himself as a producer/DJ. In between throwing some of the finest house & techno events like the upcoming second edition of City Hearts SF on December 14th, this San Diego-based up-and-comer has kept dance floors happy & healthy with the release of his collaborative single, “Set Me Free,” on Kevin Anderson‘s You’re Mine EP, as well as his Voltron/The Defendant EP with Jonjo Williams, which launched Desert Hearts Records in proper fashion.
Now Mikey Lion brings us his debut solo EP, Drum Formulas, that puts his own individual studio work and musical roots as a young turntablist in the spotlight. On the opening title track, he pairs addictive percussive grooves with appropriate Gang Starr samples for a tribaly tech-house number accented by a hip-hop flare. Channeling inspiration from experiences at Burning Man, Mikey blends layered melody work, thought-provoking samples, and thick basslines for a mesmerizing, spiritually charged second track dubbed “Playa Dreams.” Rounding out the EP, Mr. Lion kicks up the vibe on “Tribute” and does away with straight four-on-the-floor rhythms for a pumping, kick-drum heavy tune with just a touch of psychedelia. Overall, the Drum Formulas EP is a stand out release that deserves attention from both DJs and other dance music enthusiasts, especially since it’s already seeing support from underground luminaries like Lee Burridge, DJ T., and more.
Buy the EP on Beatport.
• New Chemical Brothers album coming in 2015
• Listen to the Essential Mix from Richy Ahmed
• Matrixxman Readies ‘Nubian Metropolis’ EP for Dekmantel, Shares Previews
• James Blake shares new track, ’200 Press’
• Hear a Track from Theo Parrish‘s Upcoming LP
• Trouw throws 35-hour party ahead of closure
• Eats Everything readies Fries With That?
• Listen to Jon Hopkins‘ Essential Mix
• Joker shares Jennifer Lopez-sampling new single ‘Midnight’