• Bromance announces first release of 2014
• Pillow Talk Announce Debut LP, Je Ne Sais Quoi
• Leon Vynehall preps Music For The Uninvited
Born in Hong Kong, raised in Tokyo, and now a student at Yale University, Beat Culture has cultivated musical influences from several regions to shape his eclectic sound, which has matured into his distinctive experimental pop style. He recently released a new 7″ via B3SCI Records (also did Jungle’s The Heat EP last year) that includes this gorgeous track, “Shibuya” featuring KID A, as well as “Drifter” featuring Psychic Twin. Right from the start, “Shibuya” hooks you in with KID A’s soft vocals and keeps a strong hold throughout the track with lush, evolving soundscapes and varied rhythms. With this release in the bag, Beat Culture is setting the tone for a successful year that will see his new two member live show including a drummer, and his next full-length release. Purchase the new 7″ here.
• Grammys 2014: Winners list
• Dirtybird prep BBQ compilation
• Todd Terje announces debut album, It’s Album Time; Bryan Ferry to guest
• Mano Le Tough will release his Tempus EP next month
• Moby‘s album – most downloaded torrent of 2013
• Preview Fort Romeau‘s Forthcoming ‘Her Dream’ EP
• Pearson Sound announces beatless 7″ Raindrops
• Moog‘s Upcoming Sub37 Synth Detailed in New 20-Minute Video
We’ve been given the green light to premiere this vibey Kraak & Smaak instrumental remix of Moullinex‘s “To Be Clear,” the third single off of his debut album Flora. Alongside fellow remixers RAC and Zimmer, Kraak & Smaak bring a bit of late-night flavor to the daytime disco smash transforming it with smooth basslines, spacey synths, and percussive accents. Grab your free download below and purchase the “To Be Clear” remix pack on Beatport , iTunes, or on Discotexas for vinyl.
See where you can catch Moullinex live after the jump…
Coming off of a momentous 2013 including performances alongside some of his idols and an appearance on GDD’s Wide Awake Art Car at EDC Las Vegas, SURF AMBASSADOR HENDO enters the new year with a renewed vigor and refined vision for his career. In this mix, he brings us a diverse selection of new, old, and unreleased sun-soaked grooves that bring the heat. Check out the outstanding mix below, but before you jump in, here’s an important message from the man himself…
“As 2014 begins to unfold, I’ve decided to simplify a bit. I will be DJ-ing under the name Hendo come this Spring. This exclusive GDD™ Guest Mix is one of the last mixtapes I will do under the name Surf Ambassador Hendo. With a few songs in the works, some great future lineups, and a fresh twist on my mixing style, I’m really looking forward to spreading The Froth this year as I’m only just getting started…”
• A-Trak collaborates with Cam’ron, drops new Duck Sauce EP
• Guy Gerber to launch new label with Dixon collab
• Sampha uploads six early productions for cancer charity
• Dim Mak producer Sonic C has died
• New LA residencies for Pete Tong and Justin Martin
• Watch Mount Kimbie play ‘Home Recording’
• Deep Dish Set To Return In 2014
• Download two Skream tracks made for Youngsta, ‘Problem Dog’ & ‘The Blue Crystal’
• See Moderat’s “Last Time”
We’ve teamed up with our friends at The Do LaB to bring you a special edition of our guest mix series featuring San Francisco’s Giraffage! As a bedroom producer-turned-touring act, he has established a strong online presence to cultivate a respected reputation for his dreamy future bass beats. Now with Giraffage‘s fantastic guest mix featuring everything from Canblaster to Kaytranada and some unreleased tunes of his own, you can enjoy a proper preview for his show at the KING KING this Friday, January 17th (Tickets).
This year, The Do LaB has made a commitment to feature more new and diverse music and artists for their fans at their shows. With bookings like Giraffage, Darkside, Blockhead, Teen Daze, and Papadosio, amongst others, they’re already on their way to making 2014 one of their best years yet.
The Do LaB Presents Giraffage (1/17) info and GDD™ Guest Mix tracklist after the jump…