• Solomun Remixes Paul Kalkbrenner’s ‘Cloud Rider’
• Danny Daze Preps EP for Ultramajic, Shares Snippets
• Hear a New Track From Bob Moses
• Claude VonStroke Releases Filthy Video For “Make A Cake”
• Woolfy vs. Projections announces third album, Stations
• Rødhåd Brings The Heat With New Dystopian 12″
The last time we heard from Brooklyn’s LEFTI, he dropped his remix of Chícos’ “Hooked,” but now he’s prepping for the fruitful summer ahead with his newest jam, “Castle.” On the track, he combines a cool, french disco-esque vibe with a punchy, deep bassline that makes for a versatile tune that can keep the pool party flowing or night clubs jackin’. Have a listen above and pick up the tune on iTunes or Beatport, courtesy of Mixmash Deep.
• DJ Koze reveals new single, XTC
• EDMbiz Announces Speakers & Panels For 2015 Conference & Expo
• Zimmer is ‘Coming of Age’ on His New EP
• Arca is Giving Away His “Vanity” For Free
• Kerri Chandler launches new label Kaoz Theory with compilation
• TomorrowWorld Releases Phase 1 Lineup, Adding Tiesto + Steve Angello / Single Day Tickets Now On Sale
• Kornél Kovács Preps EP for Numbers
• Hear the First Official Single From Disclosure‘s Forthcoming Album
• Jamie xx Streams In Colour as Visual Album
• Get Physical announces Hausmusik Vol. 2
• Tiga announces details of new live show
• Joris Voorn Releases Nobody Knows Remix Package
• Join Black Butter Records @ Movement Afterparty Ft. Gorgon City, Kidnap Kid, MK B2b Lee Foss & More In Detroit This Monday
• SoySauce Release Their Lunch Money EP
The growing bass house sub-genre seems to have a fresh new talent on its hands as HI-LO has come firing out the gates with a heavy first release, “Crank It Up.” With an almost big-room level energy, the track offers tribal rhythms that are matched with snarling, distorted synths that are supported by heavy low-end and a vocal sample to give it some character. A diverse crew of artists like Green Velvet, Diplo, Umek, Flux Pavilion, and more are already giving this jam some play time, so it’s bound to be heard on dance floors far and wide. Listen above and stay tuned for “Crank It Up” release on Mad Decent on June 25th.
It’s always great to see people using music as a platform for philanthropy or paying tribute to those who have passed away. Swiftly rising producer/DJ and key industry player, Sean Glass, has taken it upon himself to do both of those things with his outstanding new remix of Flight Facilities’ “Down To Earth.” Together with Glassnote Records, Future Classic, his own Win Music label, and Flight Facilities, Glass is dedicating this release to the Dan Fredinburg Foundation, which was created to help those affected by the devastating Nepal earthquake, and to celebrate the life of Dan Fredinburg, his good friend who tragically passed away while climbing Mt. Everest during the quake.
The remix itself is a warm, shimmering house cut driven by lush pads and a smooth, driving groove that serve as a perfect backdrop for the emotive vocals from the original. Its quality holds up to its great significance, and it’s an excellent contribution to a meaningful cause. Donate to the Dan Fredinburg Foundation here, listen to/download the remix above, and hear Sean Glass’ own words about the release:
“This is my favorite thing I’ve ever done. Flight Facilities are especially important to me, being my first signed artist. I look up to them as tastemakers and creators.
The remix release has been made even more special to me because of recent events. We lost a good friend whom I looked up to–Dan Fredinburg. This past weekend, we memorialized Dan in a series of very special ceremonies I am so grateful to have been a part of. It was my privilege to play this track out for the first time at the party Dan instructed us to have, should he not return.This week, there was another earthquake in Nepal.
They really need our help. We have launched the Dan Fredinburg Foundation and already raised $100k. It only made sense that while I put effort into spreading awareness for my remix, I use that energy to help the causes that are really occupying my mind and heart–rebuilding Nepal and #LiveDan.”
• Popof album lands on Hot Creations
• Mysteryland USA & T-Mobile Announce First Ever Mysteryland Live Stream
• EDMbiz Unveils Two New Contests: StartUp and Best Record/A&R at Fourth Annual Conference
• Heathered Pearls Readies New Album For Ghostly International