• NERO Announce 20 Date North American Tour
• Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival Announces 2015 Dates
• Brand New Blond:ish Album On Its Way From Kompakt
• Hear Hudson Mohawke’s live session on Radio 1
• Alina Baraz & Galimatias Announce Urban Flora Live Tour
• Shigeto announces Intermission EP
• Tone Of Arc Announces New Album on Om Records; Stream Lead Single Now
• Pampa lines up new EP from Isolée
• Sebastian Carter Unveils Club-Ready Remix of Autograf’s “Dream”
• SFX fails in bid to go private
• Disclosure Show They’re “Willing & Able” With New Music Video
• Simian Mobile Disco’s Jas Shaw goes solo on Love Doubled
• Matt Lange reveals “My Love Aside,” the first single from his debut album Ephemera
• No Artificial Colours Drop Deep House Remix of Little Giants’ “Lately”
This year, Sweden’s Kasbo has kept busy with a grip of new releases, including a smash remix of Vance Joy’s “Riptide.” Now Kasbo brings us another tune, and it happens to be an original that’s been dubbed “Again.” On the track, he blends piano chords with shimmering pads and melody-rich synth leads on top of a mid-tempo groove. Listen above and pick it up on iTunes.
• Insomniac’s Pasquale Rotella Urges Authorities to Not Send EDM ‘Back Into the Unregulated Underground’
• David August Announces Debut North American Tour
• Stream Snippets from John Tejada‘s Latest EP on Palette Recordings
• Free n Losh Release “Rose” featuring Bethea
After releasing Bells & Whistle’s Hands EP just a couple of months ago, Desert Hearts Records delivers the tasteful, 2-track Sound Engineer EP from Orlando’s own Michael Rosa, along with remixes from Halo & Ché, Butane, and David Scuba. Having attended and played last year’s Desert Hearts Spring festival, Rosa mentioned that this psychedelia-drenched, tech-house EP “truly is a Desert Hearts inspired release,” and it was created “with the 70 hour experience in mind,” which is clearly apparent upon first listen. It’s a dance floor-centric offering that’s sure to ignite clubs and festivals far and wide.
In conjunction with the release, we have the pleasure of premiering David Scuba’s rendition of the title track, “Sound Engineer.” The Superfreq boss has transformed the track with his own techy touch, using a new groove, subtle percussive accents, sound effects, and pulsating synth work for a tripped-out remix. Check out the remix above, listen to the whole EP below, and read more about Michael Rosa in our Q&A where he discusses how his new EP came together, his new party, Rabbithole, how he linked up with Desert Hearts, and more after the jump.
Pick up Michael Rosa’s Sound Engineer EP for free download here.
Continuing on their streak of successful releases, New York City’s house music trio, TKDJS, comes through with a stand-out rendition of Basement Jaxx’s “Never Say Never” featuring ETML. As the second installment in a three-part remix series that aims to showcase a different aspect of their sound, this new remix elevates the mood with piano chords and the original’s vocals before dropping into heavy, bassline-driven sequence that evolves throughout for a club-ready jam. Enjoy the remix above and grab the free download here.
Catch TKDJS live at The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn on August 21st!
• Seth Troxler Announces DJ Kicks Compilation
• Eric Prydz Releases Pryda 10 VOL II EP
• Solidisco Releases Official Remix of DJ Cassidy’s “Future Is Mine” Feat. Chromeo
• Autograf Delivers Fresh Remix of GRiZ’s “For The Love” Ft. Talib Kweli
• Redlight‘s Debut Album is in X Color
• Bicep and Hammer meet on Dahlia EP
• Hear Tom Demac‘s New EP for Hypercolour
• Listen to Felix Jaehn‘s New Single “Book of Love” ft. Polina