A Desert Hearts resident DJ and GDD™ homie hailing from San Diego, Kevin Anderson, has graced stages with the likes of Dixon, Tim Green, Kill Frenzy, Walker & Royce, and more. Described as a living party that manifests itself inside the music and vibe when he DJs, Kevin is now stepping up his production game with a brilliant debut release, the You’re Mine EP, on Desert Hearts Records. On the EP, he delivers two solo tracks and a collab with the Desert Hearts Records boss Mikey Lion, taking us on a trip through deep house with a gratifying touch of nostalgia. With a remix from YOBILL & RYBO rounding out the offering, Kevin‘s You’re Mine EP is a great addition to any music library. Purchase the EP on Beatport.
In celebration of the release, here are some words from Desert Hearts to put it in context – “Ever since their first event 2 years ago in the Mojave, Kevin Anderson has been one of the bread & butter Desert Hearts DJs. Known for taking his shirt off when the party hits critical mass, Kev Dawg loves to party and his vibe is never more apparent than on a Desert Hearts dance floor. We couldn’t be happier to see Kevin put out the sophmore release on Desert Hearts Records. House, Techno, & Love is what they’re all about, so jump head first, shirt off, into this release because it’s a groover.”
Catch Kevin Anderson live at Desert Hearts’ City Hearts LA this Friday, October 3rd.
• Time Warp US Announces Lineup
• Druid Cloak plans trilogy of fantasy-laced concept albums; listen to the epic ‘Wraithborne Falls’
• J.Phlip Announces “Everybody on the Floor” North American Tour
• Listen to Caribou’s new album Our Love in full
• Stream SBTRKT‘s Wonder Where We Land LP
• Download and stream Oneman’s Solitaire Vol. 3 featuring Ryan Hemsworth, Todd Edwards, Mumdance and more
Since his recent emergence, the rising tropical house specialist, Bearson, has been racking up SoundCloud plays, reaching over 2 million on his assortment of chilled-out remixes. Clearly, this 19-year-old is carving out his own place on an international stage as he follows in the footsteps of his fellow Norwegian, Kygo. After dropping his remix of The Lighthouse and the Whaler’s “Venice” last week, Bearson is quick to the draw, delivering a refreshing guest mix of sun-kissed house that’ll keep the Fall season at bay, as long as you’re listening.
• Thom Yorke reveals new album
• Desert Hearts Crew Announce Festival Line Up – November 7th – 10th
• Nick Monaco Challenges the Direction of Dance Culture with Manifesto + Limited Lipstick series for Charity, While Releasing Mating Call
• Avalon Saturdays Presents Food Music and Friends: Shadow Child & Kry Wolf + special guests: Le Youth, Sinden, Corey Sizemore
Los Angeles! Tomorrow night, September 25th, our friends at Sound Nightclub and Dim Mak present the G-Mafia Records takeover featuring some of the label’s finest artists from Sao Palo, Brazil – Doozie, Malik Mustache, and Ricardo Bernardi. Known for their eclectic sets including Deep, Tech, G-House, and more, the G-Mafia squad is ready to showcase their distinctive sound that has brought them overseas for you to discover and enjoy. With local support from Gallagher and Overjoy to top it off, there will be excellent music all night, so we recommend getting there early. Enter to win one of TWO pairs of tickets in the Punchtab below, and enjoy a free download from Doozie to help get you in the vibe.
Tickets are on sale here and RSVP to the Facebook event here.
• Art Department announce second album Natural Selection and massive world tour
• Stream a track from Ryan Hemsworth‘s new LP
• Hyperdub Announces Final 10th Anniversary Compilation Featuring Unreleased Burial Track
• Axwell /\ Ingrosso Sign Exclusive Contract with Universal Music
• Machinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
• Watch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
We’ve made it through another week, and to celebrate, we have an exclusive “Weekend Boogie” mix from France’s Watermat for you all to enjoy. Started by TheFuture.fm, a platform for streaming artist-curated DJ mixes and live sets across all genres, the Weekend Boogie is a weekly mix series that features some of dance music’s finest, and here are with a house music-filled offering that’ll help you vibe away your worries about the ebb and flow of the week.
• Hear a New Production from Todd Edwards
• Aphex Twin Talks ‘Syro,’ Gear, ’90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
• Trentemøller tours the US and Canada in November