Los Angeles! Tomorrow night, September 25th, our friends at Sound Nightclub and Dim Mak present the G-Mafia Records takeover featuring some of the label’s finest artists from Sao Palo, Brazil – Doozie, Malik Mustache, and Ricardo Bernardi. Known for their eclectic sets including Deep, Tech, G-House, and more, the G-Mafia squad is ready to showcase their distinctive sound that has brought them overseas for you to discover and enjoy. With local support from Gallagher and Overjoy to top it off, there will be excellent music all night, so we recommend getting there early. Enter to win one of TWO pairs of tickets in the Punchtab below, and enjoy a free download from Doozie to help get you in the vibe.
Author Archives: Tōks
• Art Department announce second album Natural Selection and massive world tour
• Stream a track from Ryan Hemsworth‘s new LP
• Hyperdub Announces Final 10th Anniversary Compilation Featuring Unreleased Burial Track
• Axwell /\ Ingrosso Sign Exclusive Contract with Universal Music
• Machinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
• Watch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
We’ve made it through another week, and to celebrate, we have an exclusive “Weekend Boogie” mix from France’s Watermat for you all to enjoy. Started by TheFuture.fm, a platform for streaming artist-curated DJ mixes and live sets across all genres, the Weekend Boogie is a weekly mix series that features some of dance music’s finest, and here are with a house music-filled offering that’ll help you vibe away your worries about the ebb and flow of the week.
• Hear a New Production from Todd Edwards
• Aphex Twin Talks ‘Syro,’ Gear, ’90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
• Trentemøller tours the US and Canada in November
With a steady flow of distinctive productions, Oliver Heldens continues on his ascent into the ranks of dance music’s elite. This year, he’s graced the stages of many world-class festivals and nightclubs, while working his way up the charts with his UK #1 ”Gecko (Overdrive),” and Beatport #1′s like “Koala.” Now he’s teamed up with Sander Van Doorn for “THIS,” which is a massive tech-house tune that brings Ibiza vibes straight through your speakers.
• RÜFÜS DU SOL Announces 15 Stop North American Tour
• Pete Tong to bring ‘darker’ sound to Vegas with residency
• Friends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
Over the past couple of years, our homie Sam Luria, aka Charles I, has been building out an impressive catalog of releases, which includes his stand out collaboration with Craig Williams, the This Is It EP, out on Discobelle Records, his Attrition EP, and more. Charles I now brings us his latest gem, “be.,” that showcases his dark techno sound with dynamic, detailed percussion, driving rhythms, and various industrial accents for a proper warehouse tune.
This release marks the second installment of an elaborate audio/visual series between Charles I and photographer, Dustin Hollywood. Charles I provides the music and Dustin brings the artwork for a unique pairing that is just as pleasing for your eyes as it is for your ears.
• Caribou adopts Daphni alias for club-ready remix of ‘Our Love’
• Jungle get a Joy Orbison remix
• PMR launches Beat Club
• SBTRKT unveils new single ‘Look Away’ with an interactive video that follows your gaze
• SBTRKT shares A$AP Ferg, Warpaint and Raury collaborations
• Oneman is back with third “Solitaire” mixtape
• Kode9 & The Spaceape Ready Collaborative EP, Share New Video