• Damian Lazarus Reveals Artist Album, Messages From The Other Side, & Announces US Tour
• KiNK lands on Running Back with Cloud Generator
• Barnt Announces Upcoming Remix 12″; Preview It Now
• Catz ‘N Dogz Announce Forthcoming Third Studio Album, Basic Colour Theory
• Samo Sound Boy Reveals Upcoming Debut LP for Body High; Hear a Track Now
• Eats Everything and Catz ‘n Dogz Join Forces for WMC Miami Sunset Cruise on March 27th featuring KINK live
• Worthy Releases Disbehave Remixes Part 1
Over the past couple of months, Santa Barbara’s rising indie-electronic group, FMLYBND, has been cultivating their already impressive catalog with songs like their original, “Letting Go,” and a cover of The Pixies’, “Where Is My Mind.” Today, they continue on their run of releases by putting out their latest single, “Air.” FMLYBND lays the foundation of the song with a mood-elevating, synth-laden groove before building out the rest of the track with dynamic textures, romantic lyrics, and vocal accents for yet another standout original. Check it out above and catch the band live at Popscene SF on March 6, followed by a tour with Milky Chance this Spring.
“Air” is available for purchase on iTunes, and stream on Spotify.
FMLYBND Facebook | Soundcloud | Twitter
• Nicolas Jaar scores The Color Of Pomegranates
• Listen to Redlight’s Inaugural BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix
• DJ-Kicks reintroduces 12-inch series with John Talabot
• Listen to a New Track from Matias Aguayo‘s Upcoming 12″ Series
• HNNY Details Upcoming EP for Pets, Streams “Yogalates”
• Ry-X & Ame Announce Howling LP for Ninja Tune + New video
• Scuba Announces Fourth Full Length Artist Album Claustrophobia
• Jonas Rathsman Jumpstarts Disclosure’s New Label
• IMS Engage Announces First Two Pairings, Returns To W Hollywood For Third Year on April 15, 2015
• Dauwd Details Upcoming EP for Kompakt
Ever since we caught wind of Disciples, they’ve been a favorite of ours. With their deep house sound matched with just a touch of pop sensibilities, it’s no surprise that they’ve been on a steep ascent, gaining recognition for the original, “They Don’t Know,” and more. Now after Justin Jay unveiled his “They Don’t Know” remix, France’s Sirus Hood steps up to the plate to mesh his g-house sound with the Disciples smash for a deep and bouncy groove. Enjoy above and pre-order your copy on iTunes, ahead of the remix pack release next week.
Los Angeles’ rising talent, Mister Blaqk, has been keeping the local scene healthy with his stand out DJ sets, and occasional parties like his mimosa-fueled FEELS brunch event a few weeks back. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, he’s delivered the inaugural FEELS Tape, which marks the beginning of his new mix series, and it’s been keeping the vibe right on this holiday. In true FEELS fashion, Mister Blaqk kicks off the tape with slower, smooth jams before masterfully building up the energy with a diverse array of groove-driven house, and other surprises littered throughout. Enjoy the mix above and check out the tracklist after the jump.
A couple of years ago, I attended Lucidity Festival for the first time, and ever since, I’ve wanted to return for its eclectic music programming, vibe, art, and down-to-earth crowd that prefers an intimate experience. Just last week, Lucidity announced its 2015 lineup, months after selling out of the initial “Early Owl” passes, and it’s looking like it will be another fantastic 3-day weekend run from April 10-12 in Santa Barbara. Headliners such as The Polish Ambassador, Thriftworks, and Fort Knox Five hold down the bass music front on the Lucid Stage, while Elephant Revival and Dirtwire grace the Alive stage, along with other stand out underground and local talent scattered throughout.
In addition to the Lucid and Alives stages, the Nomad stage, curated by Santa Barbara’s Music Is Love, rounds out the bill with an on-point selection of house, techno, and some more bass music. Artists like Doorly, dirtybird’s Christian Martin, Pumpkin, Perfect Driver affiliates Wood Holly and Ballast, Trevor Kelly, Bix King, A La Mode, and a couple of our own, The Interns, will man the decks on that stage throughout the Lucidity weekend. To highlight the Nomad stage, we’ve put together a music-focused showcase of select artists from its lineup to get you ready for what’s to come.
Enjoy the showcase after the jump and pick up tickets to Lucidity here.
• Listen back to Flying Lotus’ latest Radio 1 Residency
• TomorrowWorld Unveils DreamVille 2014 Recap Movie
• DIRTYBIRD Announces First Single of 2015 – Shiba San ‘Planet Floor’ EP Out February 23rd
• Odesza’s “All We Need” Receives Remix Treatment from Autograf