• Gorillaz Co-Creator, Jamie Hewlett, Confirms Return On Instagram
• Listen to Julio Bashmore‘s Glowing New Track, “Kong”
• Watch Kraftwerk: Pop Art, an hour-long documentary on the band from BBC4
• Danny Daze Launches New Podcast Series, Sunday Morning
• CRSSD Festival Announces Phase II Lineup
• Disclosure and Rudimental Choose Nas, Nicolas Jaar, and more for Wild Life
• Mano Le Tough, DJ Tennis, and Marcus Worgull Remix Vermont on Upcoming EP
SANTA BARBARA! If you haven’t heard already, an all-star cast of dance music’s finest including LOUDPVCK, Djemba Djemba, AC SLATER, and Zimmer are coming to town this Saturday night (1/31), and you don’t want to miss them. Featuring a variety of bass music, house, disco, and more, the anticipated event held at the Earl Warren Showgrounds has something for all electronic music listeners to enjoy. Head over to the Facebook event for more info and/or grab your tickets on MusicIsLove.org.
In the meantime, enjoy this mix from the Night Bass don, AC Slater, to get hyped for this Saturday night.
Over the years, Amsterdam’s Mike Mago has gained both respect and trust from his devoted fan base as he’s stayed consistent with releasing some of the finest house music. Whether its his own productions or music on his tastemaker label, BMKLTSCH RCRDS, he maintains a growing catalog that has carved out his own alcove in the scene, and many people around the world have taken notice.
In celebration of his upcoming North American tour, we’ve locked Mike Mago in for this week’s guest mix. Featuring a grip of originals and remixes of his own, as well as tracks from Shiba San, Full Crate, Louis La Roche, Kill Them With Colour, and more, the mix is groovy ride through house jams that’ll have you wishing it was Friday. Press play and check out Mike Mago‘s tour dates after the jump to see where you can catch him live.
Tracklist + Tour Dates:
Two of dance music’s finest, Zeds Dead and Oliver Heldens, have come together for a new single, “You Know.” Set for release on February 2nd via Spinnin’ Records, the track melds elements from both of their signature sounds for a club-ready tech-house number featuring pitched-up vocals, and various FX to accent the driving groove. Enjoy above and head after the jump to check out Oliver’s other recent release, “Last All Night (Koala).”
One of our favorite dirtybirds, Justin Jay, is currently finishing his last semester at University of Southern California, but that isn’t stopping him from releasing outstanding productions. His latest effort is a brooding remix of Disciples’ hit record, “They Don’t Know,” that takes a dive into the shadowy realms of deep house that were never fully explored by this gifted 22-year-old, until now. With this remix release on February 22nd via Pete Tong’s FFRR imprint on top of a forthcoming EP on Catz ‘n Dogz’ Pets Recordings, major upcoming gigs like Holy Ship!, and more, Justin Jay is prepping for an enviable last semester and a massive 2015.
Justin Jay on Facebook | Soundcloud | Twitter
• John Frusciante to release experimental acid house album
• Shlohmo Announces Upcoming LP for True Panther/Wedidit; Hear the Lead Single Now
• Locked Groove and Mind Against Team Up on New EP; Preview It Now
• Lapalux returns with Lustmore
• Listen to the Tale of Us Essential Mix
• Eats Everything Releases ‘Fries With That?’ Mix Compilation on Hypercolour
• Toro Y Moi Plans North American and European Tour
Over the past year, the gifted vocalist, Mark Johns, has been making quite a name for herself, showcasing her pipes on handful of jams from her Moving Castle squad and more. For her latest effort, she’s teamed up with Australia’s bass music specialist, Sable, for a chilled-out cover of “Ni**as In Paris” by Jay-Z and Kanye West. If her music thus far is any indication, Mark Johns is set for future success, so have a listen and keep her locked.
• Stream Aphex Twin’s new EP, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2
• Burial Releases New Single via Keysound
• Novation Announces Launchpad Pro