• Listen to a brand new track from new Fake Blood EP
• Watch the video for Cashmere Cat‘s “Wedding Bells”
• Hypercolour Preps New Maya Jane Coles Remix Package with Reworks from Bonobo, Kowton, and Dark Sky
• Phil Kieran to release next Hotflush EP with Ryan Elliot Remix
The emerging RVCA-affiliated producer/DJ, Rankin, brings new dimensions to TC’s firing drum ‘n’ bass track, “Get Down Low.” After releasing his eclectic EP, The Stagger, last year and a new jungle remix of Disclosure (bonus!) in December, the Southern California native returns with his first foray into deep house – and he nails it. With his on-point production transforming “Get Down Low” with big grooves and strong vibes, Rankin has won the attention of TC himself. The dnb icon enjoyed the remix so much that he will be releasing it as a free download through his channels, and OWSLA is to follow suit. Listen/Download the remix below and check out Rankin‘s remix of Disclosure’s “What’s In Your Head” after the jump.
The UK’s underground dance music icon Jamie Jones will be joining Marquee Las Vegas for a special late-night set on Saturday, February 15th. Marquee’s commitment to presenting music-forward, cutting-edge artists is as strong as ever as they lead Las Vegas in a new direction breaking the status quo. Tickets and more information on Marquee Las Vegas Presents Jamie Jones (Late Night - 2/15) can be found here.
• Check Out MK‘s ‘Essential Mix’ for BBC Radio 1
• Todd Terje unveils new single ‘Delorean Dynamite’ from It’s Album Time
• Four Tet uploads unofficial Ellie Goulding remix to SoundCloud
• Voting Open for International Dance Music Awards
• Flume set for collaborations with Skrillex and Major Lazer
• Watch Magda Talk Berlin, Detroit, Richie Hawtin, and More
• Music individuals open lawsuit against SFX Entertainment
New York’s burgeoning producer/DJ duo, Solidisco, brings a modern edge to the classic house sound, riding on the fringes of Studio 54 sensibilities. They consistently bring the funk and keep it groovy – as proven by their latest jam, “Top of the World” featuring Skyy. For this week’s GDD™ Guest Mix, Solidisco offers up a tasteful concoction of only their own originals, bootlegs, remixes, and unreleased tracks. Download/listen below and mark your calendars for Solidisco‘s remix of Mystery Skulls’ “Ghost,” featured alongside Fred Falke, Claude VonStroke, and Viceroy for a massive remix package out on February 18th.
• Dubstep pioneer Benga announces “my DJ career is finished”
• The Cure Plan New Record, Live DVDs, Another Album Trilogy Tour
• Dimensions Festival announces line-up for 2014
• Stream: Cyril Hahn and Javeon, “Breaking”
• Burial reveals himself to fans and says thanks
• Duck Sauce Channel Eighties and Classic Hip-Hop for Debut LP ‘Quack’
• Adam Beyer journeys round North America
• Preview South London Ordnance‘s Upcoming 12″
After releasing his debut Mizu EP last month, Hawaii’s Jacuzzi stirred up the future bass scene and maintained his momentum into the new year gaining support from well-respected artists like Pretty Lights. This week, Jacuzzi flexes his studio expertise once again for his remix of Tinashe’s “Vulnerable.” He transforms the seductive track with his own signature style bringing a mid-tempo feel with bass-heavy drums, melodic samples, and vocal edits. Have a listen below!
LA’s genre-bending duo, Vindata, is undeniably on the rise. With an outstanding self-released EP and a handful of remixes already in the bag, the duo has been gaining recognition across the blogosphere for their soulful, melody-rich brand of future bass with pop sensibilities. They now gives us a very diverse guest mix featuring a few of their own tracks, as well as some jams from the likes of Cosmo’s Midnight, Breach, Trippy Turtle, and Dark Sky, amongst others. Keep tabs on Vindata as they are set to release a few remixes/edits, and their …For One to Follow EP is coming on March 4th via Kastle‘s Symbols Recordings.