It’s been two years since Chi Duly‘s Balloons of Haus, the remix album that did victory laps around the internet with a cosign from The Weeknd himself. Since then, this Brooklyn-based artist has maintained a steady flow of crowd favorites, while cultivating his original sound. With an arsenal of remixes on deck, album co-production credits on the upcoming Shadows on Stars project, and a follow up to Balloons of Haus due late summer, he’s ready to take his career to new heights.
In celebration of Wacks Records‘ inaugural release, a split single from Chi Duly and Aloha, “Never Give Up/Soul Jam,” coming on Tuesday, July 8th, Chi Duly has put together a 22-track guest mix that bridges deep house with rap and R&B, making for a cool house party vibe. Additionally, he’s included two previously unreleased tracks for exclusive downloads (DL in tracklist after the jump), so be sure to grab those after enjoying the mix.
• Seth Troxler is Coming to America For a 4-date Headlining Tour
• Benoit & Sergio Announces New EP for Visionquest; Hear a Track Now
• Claude Speeed makes solo debut with My Skeleton
• Skrillex performs with Lauryn Hill, Janelle Monáe, The Doors’ Robby Krieger, everyone else ever at Bonnaroo
• James Blake Talks Progress of Third Album & Possible Collaborators
• Sven Väth is Coming Home
• Listen to Diplo‘s 60-minute World Cup mix
• Check Out Machinedrum‘s New Single for Adult Swim
• Vocalist and electronic crossover artist Maki Hsieh hosts “Illuminate,”
an Album Fundraiser in Los Angeles
• Natasha Kmeto unveils ‘Inevitable’ from new LP due on Dave Sitek’s Federal Prism
South Africa’s Cuebur started his career as a musical child prodigy with tracks pulsating throughout local clubs and dance floors by the age of 15. He took it upon himself to bring his country a different sound by producing house and hip-hop, which contributed to him being regarded as a reputable and appreciated DJ/producer by peers and fans alike. Taken under the wing of the trusted Defected Records, Cuebur is now making noise on an international stage with releases like his recent album, For Headz Only, while strengthening his presence in his local scene. In this guest mix, he merges African-influenced organic sounds with house for a clubby world music-type vibe.
• Rudimental confirm new album will be out this year
• Para One Readies New LP for Marble
• Dusky Streams Title Track from Upcoming EP, Announces More International Tour Dates
• Death From Above 1979 to release first album since 2004 debut, The Physical World
Over 3 years ago, I discovered the soulful bass music maestro, Gladkill, and I was blown away by one of his first remixes. Fast forward to today, and now, this budding artist has his new Accolades EP to add to his lengthy catalog of outstanding music, countless tour dates under his belt, and a new record label, Foundations Recordings, to call his own.
With this release, Gladkill stays true to his musical roots, while traversing through bass music, hip hop and trap influences, R&B, deep house, garage, 2-step and downtempo for a diverse collection of six new songs. It’s an impressive and refreshing release from front to back, and the strong vibes will keep you coming back for more. Purchase the EP on iTunes and pick up the GDD™ exclusive free download of “Let U Go” HERE.
After dropping their GDD™ Guest Mix and a Stevie Wonder remix, the Autograf boys are back with another large remix, but this time it’s for Pharrell’s “Gust Of Wind” featuring Daft Punk. This release marks the beginning of their “Future Summer” remix series where they’ll be giving their favorites tracks their “Future House,” Summer-inspired remix treatment. In this rendition, Autograf has merged groovy electro-soul type sounds with a housey vibe for a fantastic feel-good tune.
• No Artificial Colours release debut PMR Records EP
• Warehouse Project Returns to Manchester, Announces Venue and Opening Party
• Stream Lone‘s new album, Reality Testing, in full
• Future Audio Workshop unveils a music ID system for nightclubs
• Giorgio Moroder returns with ‘Giorgio’s Theme’
• Ultramajic Readies New EP from Chambray
• Magda and NYMA combine forces
• Jerome LOL and Samo Sound Boy Share Video for New Track from Upcoming DJ Dodger Stadium LP