After releasing his outstanding single, “Questions,” and performing at The Hudson Project earlier this month, the NYC transplant, Panic Bomber, continues to build upon his budding career as he readies a slew of releases across house-related genres, while focusing on a new hybrid DJ/live performance incorporating live production. As a collaborator with our own Troy Kurtz on the Kurtz & Bomber project, and resident for the famed Slap & Tickle party in Miami, this dance music aficionado flexes his refined taste for a captivating hour of deep grooves on this week’s guest mix. Keep an eye on Panic Bomber as he makes his ascent in the dance music world.
Author Archives: Tōks
• SBTRKT announces new album Wonder Where We Land
• Flying Lotus teases new album, You’re Dead
• Hudson Mohawke returns to Warp with Chimes
• “Living legend” Green Velvet delivers an intense, long over-due Essential Mix
• Boys Noize and Chilly Gonzales release the first single for their collaborative project, Octave Minds
• J Dilla‘s MPC and Moog Synthesizer to Be Displayed in the Smithsonian
The BMKLTSCH RCRDS boss, Mike Mago, has delivered this new collaboration with Dragonette entitled “Outlines.” With support from artists such as The Magician, Tensnake, Josh Wink, and more, Mago has been seeing his international recognition grow with each of his well-received releases. This latest production takes on a stripped down four-on-the-floor vibe with a punchy bassline and synth chords that accent the radio-friendly Dragonette vocals.
• Download Shlohmo and Jeremih’s collaborative No More EP, featuring Chance the Rapper
• Download a Plastikman Track Recorded Live at Sónar
• Feed Me Releases New Ep Feed Me’s Psychedelic Journey
• ODESZA announces new album, In Return, out September 9th on Counter Records
• Crosstown Rebels Announce Day Zero 2015 – Watch Day Zero Rebel Rave Film
• Watch the video for Simian Mobile Disco‘s ‘Tangents’
Vancouver’s emerging low-end specialist, Rook Milo, has been building out his catalog with smooth jams like his single, “Outland,” and his remix of Drake’s “The Language.” Adding to his repertoire, Rook Milo has teamed up with the local designer, MMVIII, for an EP, and “Bodyroll” serves as the first listen. It’s dark, deep, and emotive – just how we like it. Listen for yourself below and stay tuned for the rest of the EP.
• Étienne de Crécy presents Super Discount 3
• All Day I Dream returns to Los Angeles
• Addison Groove Preps Upcoming EP for 50Weapons, Features the Late DJ Rashad on New Track
• Disclosure to start working properly on new album this September
• Mount Kimbie Shares New Mix, Announces Upcoming North American Tour
• Vanilla Ace Announces U.S. Ace Tour 2014, Offers Remix of ZHU’s “Faded” as Free Download
The young gun, Oliver Heldens, has quickly made a name for himself with his unmistakeable brand hard-hitting house music. With his UK #1, ”Gecko (Overdrive),” and a growing catalog of floor-filler tracks, he’s well on his way to becoming top-tier producer/DJ, and he’s not even old enough to legally drink in the U.S. Oliver Heldens just released a full-length preview of his next single, “Koala,” and it proves to strengthen his distinctive sound, while bringing the energy to move the masses.