• Masters At Work plan 40-track compilation for Defected
• SBTRKT debuts new music in live Maida Vale session
• Hear the Lead Track from Midland‘s Upcoming EP for Aus
Last week, I embarked on a journey to Cabo San Lucas, and the timing couldn’t have been better as I had just received this vibey guest mix from our homie, SNBRN aka Kevin Chapman. With a slew of remixes recently topping the Hype Machine charts, this LA native is enjoying a breakout Summer, and he’s expected to continue on his ascent as he performs alongside other world-class artists at events like Splash House, while producing more crowd-favorite tracks. Now SNBRN has delivered a fantastic mix featuring a plethora of poolside jams that are to be enjoyed well-chilled, whether you’re in a place like Cabo or not.
• Jeff Mills enters the Emerging Crystal Universe
• A-Trak: “DJing is about taking risks”
• Dance Mania Preps 20th Anniversary Collection from DJ Funk
• Flying Lotus has revealed his album tracklist and it’s looking huge
• Anna Lunoe Announces North American ‘All Out Fall Out’ Headlining Club Tour
• DJ Shadow launches Liquid Amber, gives away free track
• The Juan MacLean Shares New Track from Upcoming LP for DFA
Formed through a mutual love of jackin’ deep house and techno, the production and DJ duo, DKDS, has been bubblin’ up since their inception in NYC’s underground. With an affinity for darker vibes, they’ve been focusing on a sound fit for all night warehouse parties and the like, so it’s no surprise that they are adding to their Safer At Night catalog with a forthcoming EP dropping in the Fall. To tide you over until then, we’ve enlisted DKDS for a guest mix, and they have brought us an excellent 1-hour offering featuring a diverse selection of jams that will easily satisfy your need for grooves.
• Nicolas Jaar‘s Other People gets to Work
• Maceo Plex drops video for “Conjure Superstar”
• Download a New Track from Gold Panda
• Desert Hearts drop exclusive DJ T mix
Following his HARD Summer performance over the weekend, Justin Jay drops his tech-house gem, “Bounce and Break,” for free download. Inspired by the hip-hop jams that he heard at his middle school dances, Justin created this tune that has taken on a life of its own, getting played out by his dirtybird label mates, our own Bones, and more. “Bounce and Break” is a quintessential party-starting track that packs a low-end punch, a halftime breakdown, and a catchy hook – all neatly packaged in a production worthy of your attention, and your hard drive space. Grab your free download here.
• Seth Troxler to launch Soft Touch Records in September
• Ryan Hemsworth Announces His “Sucker for Punishment” Tour
• Stream FaltyDL‘s Upcoming LP for Ninja Tune in Full
LA’s young gun, Justin Jay, is giving back to those who have supported him with the long-awaited release of “Bounce and Break,” the party-starting track that his fellow dirtybird, Claude VonStroke, opened his set with at last year’s HARD Summer. Justin has worked the original DJ Spinn sample into a tech-house jam with tribal rhythms, distorted synth lines, and a halftime breakdown. Catch Justin Jay live this Saturday from 3:05-4:05pm in the Pink Tent at HARD Summer, and stay tuned for the “Bounce and Break” release next week.
New Jersey’s emerging producer/DJ, Bender, has been building a catalog of fresh deep house remixes, and in celebration of hitting 10K “Likes” on Facebook this week, he has brought us his take on Zhu’s “Cocaine Model.” He’s taken elements of the original chilled-out house track, and crafted his own piano-laden groove around them for a more of a daytime vibe fit for rooftop pool parties and the like. Listen/download below!