Following up on the release of their debut EP, Gold, Santa Barbara’s FMLYBND unveils the official video for one of my favorite tracks on the EP, “Come Alive.” Sharing the stage with Modest Mouse, The Faint and Twin Shadow at the U.S. Open of Surfing, the burgeoning indie-electronic band was given an opportunity of a lifetime for one of their very first shows, and they delivered accordingly. The video captures their high energy performance along with the warm summery vibes that align perfectly with FMLYBND‘s outstanding music.
Author Archives: Tōks
• Listen to Azari & III‘s new EP on Get Physical’s YouTube
• Crosstown Rebels present Day Zero: Year One
• Anna Lunoe: “$1.45 is not a lot to pay for a song”
• Morgan Geist’s Storm Queen project and MK are set to be #1 in the UK singles chart
• Jamie Jones returns with Hot Creations EP
• Matthew Dear preps Audion compilation; listen to new track ‘Motormouth’ now
• SFX Entertainment acquires Made Event
Jacuzzi, a new 18-year-old producer out of Honolulu, Hawaii, has come through with a huge remix of Santigold’s “Disparate Youth.” As a classically trained pianist, he has been honing in his production skills over the past seven years with intricate compositions in mind. Even with his brief career thus far, it’s clear that he has garnered the attention of top players in the industry as he has been consistently called in for listening sessions at Kanye West’s Yeezus studio in Hawaii – Avex Studios – for rappers like Pusha T. In his “Disparate Youth” remix, Jacuzzi manifests his inventive hip-hop sound while drawing from his classical influences for fresh style. Check out the remix as well as his collaboration with Mr. Carmack, “Trigger,” after the jump.
Cleveland’s emerging indie group, SomeKindaWonderful, releases a free download of their rendition of Moby’s “Everything That Rises” (off his latest album Innocents) that features a new top line vocal. Following up on their last singles, “Reverse” and “Police,” the group layers dark lyrics over a cinematic backdrop for an emotional offering. SomeKindaWonderful are quickly establishing a strong crossover presence. Have a listen to “Everything That Rises” after the jump.
• Mexico’s BPM Festival is a very good way to start 2014
• Breach Shares Exclusive Track for ‘DJ-Kicks’
• UK house producer Midland announces new three-track single: stream samples inside
• Stream Pional‘s New EP for Young Turks
Today, Antonio Cuna, better known as the Brooklyn-based producer Sweater Beats, just released his That Feel EP, on Kastle‘s Symbols Recordings. On the EP, he showcases a fresh take on his R&B-leaning future bass sound swapping out samples for original vocals for the first time. Check out That Feel below and purchase it on iTunes.
In celebration of the release of That Feel, Sweater Beats has put together a GDD exclusive “15 Minutes of Timbo” mix highlighting select Timbaland-produced tracks that have greatly influenced his music. Additionally, we were able to chat with Sweater Beats about his experience as a musician growing up in the suburbs of Maryland, his vision for the new EP, what he hopes to accomplish with his career and more. See the tracklist for the mix and the full interview after the jump.
• Rejoice, Gesaffelstein‘s debut album is finally here
• Disclosure unveil brand new track, ‘Apollo’
• French Express announce North American tour
• YouTube Close to Launching Subscription Music Service (Breaking)
• Richie Hawtin confirms that his first Vegas solo show has come at the “right time”
• Watch the trailer for the new Swedish House Mafia film
• Max Cooper Shares New Track from Upcoming EP
In celebration of the Win & Friends stage at Life is Beautiful Festival in Las Vegas this weekend, the label’s founder, Sean Glass, offers up an excellent one and half hour mix. Featuring many deep house gems and unreleased material mostly from Win Music, the mix highlights Glass as a distinctive tastemaker and a skillful DJ. Check out the mix below, and if you’re going to LIB, be sure to spend some time at the Win & Friends stage (lineup after the jump).