• Julio Bashmore, Disclosure, and More Feature in New PMR Documentary
• Kerri Chandler mixes Watergate 15
• Watch Darkside Perform “Metatron” and “Freak, Go Home” at Pitchfork Music Festival Paris
The UK’s 20-year-old disco ambassador, JackLNDN, has given us the exclusive premiere of his funky fresh “Summer Never Ends” mix. Weaving through numerous feel-good jams and Saturday Night Fever-inspired cuts, he takes us into an endless Summer of the future where perpetual good vibes and warm grooves come standard. Listen/download the mix below and look out for the next installment of JackLNDN‘s “Summer Never Ends” mix series.
Today, Santa Barbara’s Seven Lions releases an ominous new single, “Serpent of Old” featuring Ciscandra from Nostalghia, via OWSLA. Aside from playing numerous major festivals and touring across North America with Krewella this year, Seven Lions has released a pair of acclaimed hits – “Strangers” with Myon & Shane 54 and Tove Lo and “Fevers” with Minnesota and Mimi Page. He now adds to his 2013 repertoire with this latest offering where he swaps out a euphoric, uplifting vibe for a dark and heavy “moombahgoth” sound. Listen after the jump and purchase on Beatport or iTunes.
• Azari & III announce break-up: “It was heaven, it was hell, and I wouldn’t take it back if I could”
• Porter Robinson: “Main stage dance music has sacrificed musicality”
• Listen to new, untitled material from SBTRKT
• Giorgio Moroder plans Vegas stage show, A Night With Giorgio Moroder
• Axwell and Tiesto to headline X Games Music
• DJ Koze soundtracks German play
• Pangaea Details Upcoming Mix Album for Fabric
After playing an outstanding set at HARD Day of the Dead, Kastle dropped a mix of his more club-friendly selections as a preview for the rest of his Fall tour dates. Featuring tracks from Friend Within, Youan, Blonde, French Fries, and Phazz, amongst others, the mix easily qualifies a must-listen. As per usual, the Symbols Recordings founder is on point.
Tour Dates and Tracklist:
• Deadmau5 explains his departure from Twitter on his Tumblr
• Watch the video for David Bowie – ‘Love is Lost’ (James Murphy Remix)
• Listen to Sampha‘s new track, “Happens”
• Jerome LOL announces debut solo EP, shares lead track
Druid Cloak‘s record label, Apothecary Compositions, has launched a digitally exclusive imprint, Apothecary Digital Reserve, with the Tail Snap EP release crafted by the Tuff Wax-affiliated T_A_M from Aberdeen, Britain. Running through an avant-garde fusion of grime, garage, and even juke, T_A_M delivers a strong, original offering fit for dark warehouse parties tucked away in an industrial district. Rounding out the EP, the Mixpak/Glacial Sound member, Murlo, and Bad Taste Records’ own Timbah both work their studio magic for stunning remixes. Hear the full tracks on the Tail Snap EP below and purchase on iTunes or Beatport.
• Guy Gerber announces North American Fall tour
• Mat Zo‘s Damage Control hits #1 on iTunes Dance Chart, Bus Tour in Los Angeles This Saturday
• The Mad Decent Block Party documentary will get you seriously hyped up
Following up on the release of their debut EP, Gold, Santa Barbara’s FMLYBND unveils the official video for one of my favorite tracks on the EP, “Come Alive.” Sharing the stage with Modest Mouse, The Faint and Twin Shadow at the U.S. Open of Surfing, the burgeoning indie-electronic band was given an opportunity of a lifetime for one of their very first shows, and they delivered accordingly. The video captures their high energy performance along with the warm summery vibes that align perfectly with FMLYBND‘s outstanding music.
Want to see FMLYBND live at the Glass House Pomona this Saturday, November 9th for free? Head after the jump for a chance to win one of TWO pairs of tickets! Purchase tickets here.