• One Tribe Announces Lineup for Inaugural September 25-26 Festival at Lake Perris State Recreation Area
• Listen to Nicolas Jaar‘s New 12″, Nymphs II
• Groove Armada next up on Little Black Book series
• Nils Frahm scores German film, Victoria
• Franskild Release New Track, “Keep On Going”
In just a couple of weeks, ID&T’s electronic music culture and arts festival, Mysteryland USA, will be descending upon the historic Woodstock ’69 grounds in upstate New York, and they’re pulling all the stops for an outstanding Memorial Day weekend for its attendees. With a music lineup including everyone from Maceo Plex, to Empire of the Sun, to Super Flu, and GRiZ, the festival is bound to be a highlight of the year, but they’re also bringing a culture & arts lineup that rounds out the bill with unique offerings like a healing sanctuary, speakers, yoga, and more (full list after the jump).
To give you a better idea of what to expect music-wise, Mysteryland has delivered the first installment of its Music of Mystery mix series featuring the UK’s rising talent, jackLNDN, who we’ve supported here on GDD™ for quite some time now. Press play and hear some of the house music gems that you can expect from Mr. jackLNDN on The Boat stage on Saturday of the festival (tracklist after the jump).
Tickets for Mysteryland USA are on sale here.
• Four Tet Announces New Album, Morning/Evening
• One Tribe Announces Stage Curators for Inaugural September 25-26 Festival at Lake Perris Recreation Area
• Justin Martin Embarks on 60+ Date Hello Clouds Summer Tour, Sophomore Album Hello Clouds Forthcoming On DIRTYBIRD
• Alina Baraz & Galimatias Unveil Pomo‘s Remix of “Fantasy”
One of LA’s finest, Justin Jay, has been on an upward trajectory for quite some time now, but it seems like things are really taking off. With a Coachella debut at The Do LaB, his Momentum EP on Pets Recordings, an upcoming tour in Australia, and more this year, this dirtybird-affiliated young gun has had a last semester of college that many would die for. Back in March, Justin Jay also threw it down at Desert Hearts on Sunday afternoon of the festival, after a couple of wild nights in Vegas with his fraternity. Many people that were in attendance have been buzzing about his set, and this will come as no surprise once you listen to the 2.5 hours of house-fueled grooves, including several unreleased tracks of his own, a few from his dirtybird homies, and other gems like Âme’s private edit of Paul Simon’s “Diamonds.” Enjoy above and grab the free download here.
Not too long ago, Mr. Duke Dumont produced out a reprise of his hit tune, “The Giver,” and I think it’s safe to say that it manifested nostalgia in those who kept the original on repeat. With its the strong vocals, it seemed like it was destined for some great remixes, and that turns out to be true, judging from this rendition from Australia’s Wave Racer. The mid-tempo bass music-centric producer has traded a four-on-the-floor groove for a low-end heavy, R&B-esque vibe with big drums, vocal edits, subtle synths, and more. Enjoy the Wave Racer gem above and stay tuned for its June 20th release.
• EDC Las Vegas Announces 2015 Lineup: Tiësto, Calvin Harris, Avicii & More
• Maya Jane Coles Releases Second Single As Nocturnal Sunshine
• Stream an Exclusive Track from Actress‘s DJ-Kicks Mix
• Black Butter Records & MATTE Release Recap Video of “A PARTY” In NY
• Cheat Codes Drop New Single, “Senses” ft. Lost Boy Crow
After seeing worldwide success with his debut remix of Robert Delong’s “Long Way Down,” Win Music founder, Sean Glass, keeps his studio chops on point with this new release. Tackling “Preach” by Operator Records’ throwback R&B female trio, M.O, this swiftly emerging, Los Angeles-based artist & established tastemaker puts the catchy single through a two-step metamorphosis, bringing a UK Garage feel with party-starting energy. Have a listen here and pick up the free download.
• Kraftwerk take their 3D concert to North America this fall
• Aphex Twin releases more tracks on SoundCloud
• Pete Tong To Curate Special Live Orchestra Performance of Dance Classics for BBC Proms
• ANGELZ Releases New G-House Edit Of Wu-Tang Clan
• Disclosure Tease New Track On Instagram
• Art Department mixes fabric 82
• Seven Davis Jr. Announces Debut LP for Ninja Tune; Streams Lead Single
• Julio Bashmore announces debut album, Knockin’ Boots
• Fur Coat Returns to Crosstown Rebels With New EP
• Scuba Embarks on 7 Stop North American Album Tour – Claustrophobia