• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Jamie xx‘s Lengthy B2B Session from Beats in Space
• Diddy and Guy Gerber’s 11:11 set for release, Diddy originally wanted to call the album Ketamine
• Lone reveals full details of Reality Testing
Italy’s DJ/production duo, NiCe7, has built a strong reputation for their groove-driven brand of techy, dark, and deep house music. After releasing their outstanding single, “Bassline Soldiers,” on Noir Music and its subsequent remixes on DFTD, they will be repeating the success by rereleasing their hit, “Time To Get Physical,” along with remixes by Sonny Fodera, Argy and Bontan, on March 31st. As we wait for this next release, NiCe7 has given us a proper guest mix to enjoy in the meantime. With tracks from the likes of Subb-an, Phil Weeks, HNNY, and more, the mix is a perfect send off into the weekend as it keeps an addictive underground vibe throughout its 1-hour duration.
With a pair of remixes already under his belt this year, the London-based Swede, Blende, has been keeping busy in the studio working on projects like his forthcoming Paramount EP that’s set for release on Monday, April 7th via Eskimo Recordings. He now gives us a proper first taste of his new EP with the unveiling of the title track. In “Paramount,” Blende brings a peak-time vibe to his modernized, funky disco style with big piano chords, driving grooves, and layered synths – all seemingly arranged with the nightclub in mind. If this single is any indication, the Paramount EP is bound to be a crowd favorite. Stay tuned for Blende‘s GDD™ Guest Mix coming next Wednesday, April 2nd.
• Nicolas Jaar and Sasha Spielberg release “Don’t Tell Me”
• Duke Dumont gets second UK #1 with “I Got U”
• Hear Todd Terje & Bryan Ferry’s shimmering cover of Robert Palmer’s ‘Johnny and Mary’
• Mosca to Inaugurate New Label with 12″; Preview It Now
• Deep Dish do Miami
• L-Vis 1990, Lando Kal, and Matrixxman to Feature on Ultramajic‘s Second ‘Metaphysix’ EP
• Watch the video for Daniel Avery‘s ‘Drone Logic’
• First Names Announces for Kazantip 2014
• Flume Announces Worldwide Tour & Releases 2xLP Deluxe Edition Vinyl; Shares New Video For “Space Cadet Feat. Ghostface Killah & Autre Ne Veut”
• Simian Mobile Disco to Record New Album WhorlLive in Pioneertown
• Maceo Plex, Dixon, Maya Jane Coles and More Headline DJ-Focused APEX Tour
• Download Motions‘ Synth-Soaked Remix of Samo Sound Boy
• Jackmaster is latest to deliver Essential Mix
• Waze & Odyssey are heading to the United States
• Stream the First Track from Fort Romeau‘s New EP
• Future Music Festival Asia cut short following deaths
Midnight Conspiracy and The Chaotic Good have come together to form Autograf, an emerging act that is building a strong presence with a soulful style of future bass that is uniquely their own. Through remixing the likes of French Horn Rebellion, Marvin Gaye, and Amtrac, they’ve been gaining recognition across the blogosphere with Hype Machine chart success as they develop their anticipated original productions. Autograf now brings us a vibey new guest mix including an unreleased original song and Stevie Wonder remix, as well as a tasteful selection of tracks from Sweater Beats, Shadow Child, MK, Cyril Hahn, and more.
• Gui Boratto Embarks on North American and European Tours
• Matt Tolfrey and Ryan Crosson mix Don’t Be Leftout
• Scuba Announces North American Tour
The Dutch producer/DJ, Oliver Heldens, gives us yet another ear-catching track that reinforces his signature sound. First it was “Gecko,” then it was his “Animals” remix, and now it’s this Robin Thicke remix that is bound for success. Oliver Heldens has taken Thicke’s vocals and some melodic elements from the original, and worked in his distinctive style of groovy house music for a club-ready rendition. This remix will be released on Beatport on Monday, March 31st.