Today, the Melbourne-based producer/DJ, DCUP, releases his new single, “Someone Told Me,” alongside remixes from La Felix, Flexcop, Space Jump Salute and Backstroke. In celebration of this release, we’ve been given the green light to give you a first listen on a stand-out rendition of the slow-burning disco groover. The newcomer, La Felix, brings a fresh arrangement and a funkier edge to “Someone Told Me,” while channeling a bit of Daft Punk/Chromeo with vocoder work. Listen below and purchase the release on iTunes.
Author Archives: Tōks
• Tiga and Audion reveal new single and joint tour plans
• Flying Lotus on his new album: “It’s like Miles Davis imagining what jazz sounds like today”
• Hear Rustie’s explosive remix of ‘Back Seat Ho’ from Machinedrum’s forthcoming Fenris District EP
• Listen to Samo Sound Boy‘s New “Open” Single
After releasing his Aston Shuffle and Ellie Goulding remixes last year, the blogosphere favorite, Special Features, returns with a distinctive remix of Flight Facilities’ “I Didn’t Believe” featuring Elizabeth Rose as his first offering in 2014. In the remix, he melds his signature melody-driven style with a nu-disco sound for a tasteful progressive house gem. Special Features has been busy cooking up fresh tunes in the studio, so you can expect more releases in the near future. Listen/Download his remix below.
• Listen to James Blake’s Harmonimix of Kendrick Lamar’s “m.A.A.d City”
• Ukranian Producer Vakula Blogs Kiev Unrest On Facebook
• Watch a New Video from Julio Bashmore
• Simian Mobile Disco Teams with Roman Flügel on New 12″
This Saturday, we will be heading up to the bay for a special GDD™ Takeover at Harlot San Francisco! The night is set to feature a House music legend from Chicago (Cajual/Relief Records) as the SECRET guest, as well as our own BONES, aRod, Shae B, and the world debut of The Interns (myself – Tōks – & Colby J.). Additionally, we’ll be celebrating the birthdays of two of San Francisco’s best event photographers, Holy Mountain and Lance Jeffrey Skundrich, so you can expect a night of revelry with a proper vibe. If you’re looking to get down to some great music this Saturday, join us at Harlot and be a part of our family affair.
RSVP to the Facebook event HERE.
Following up on their second petFood release that dropped yesterday, Miami’s up and coming trio of cosmic house music specialists, Dude Skywalker, has put together a fantastic guest mix to keep you dancing through the week and beyond. In their one hour slot, they artistically weave through some of the hottest tracks of the moment, while incorporating some deep cuts and even a remix of Casino Gold‘s “All I Need” from our own Troy Kurtz. Dude Skywalker has more impressive club-ready music on the way, so get familiar and enjoy the mix.
Tracklist after the jump…
• Duke Dumont releases new music video for “I Got U” ft. Jax Jones
• Download Brenmar‘s “High End Times Vol. 1″ Mixtape For Free
• Watch James Murphy, Brian Eno, Giorgio Moroder, Erykah Badu in RBMA Documentary
• Tessela up next for Radio One Residency Show
Over the past couple of years, we’ve been supporting the burgeoning disco ambassador from across the pond, Jack LNDN. While producing a handful of brilliant remixes, such as his hit rendition of Porter Robinson’s “Language,” he has been refining his already distinctive sound behind-the-scenes. He now manifests this revitalized signature style with the release of his new Drop Out EP, which we have the pleasure of premiering for you.
From the Timothy Leary-infused beginnings in the title track, “Drop Out,” to the feel-good vibes in “In Paradisum,” the EP showcases a more mature Jack LNDN that seems to have pin-pointed the music that resonates within his soul. By blending layers of dreamy melodies, spacey atmospheres, and groove-driven rhythms, he has created a piece that will keep listeners coming back for more. Listen/download the EP below and keep watch as Jack LNDN emerges from the UK.
• Chromeo line up new album, White Women
• Free Download: Bonobo Gives Away ‘Les LeBas’ Remix
• Supreme Cuts share video for ‘Envision’, featuring Poliça’s Channy
• Roland brings back classic gear with new 808, 909 and 303 machines
• Download Hudson Mohawke‘s ‘Slow Jams VII’ Valentine’s Day Mix
• Holy Ship festival extending to two weekends next year
• Listen to a New Track from Machinedrum‘s Upcoming EP for Ninja Tune
• De La Soul release entire catalog for free