• “Living legend” Green Velvet delivers an intense, long over-due Essential Mix
• Boys Noize and Chilly Gonzales release the first single for their collaborative project, Octave Minds
• J Dilla‘s MPC and Moog Synthesizer to Be Displayed in the Smithsonian
The BMKLTSCH RCRDS boss, Mike Mago, has delivered this new collaboration with Dragonette entitled “Outlines.” With support from artists such as The Magician, Tensnake, Josh Wink, and more, Mago has been seeing his international recognition grow with each of his well-received releases. This latest production takes on a stripped down four-on-the-floor vibe with a punchy bassline and synth chords that accent the radio-friendly Dragonette vocals.
• Download Shlohmo and Jeremih’s collaborative No More EP, featuring Chance the Rapper
• Download a Plastikman Track Recorded Live at Sónar
• Feed Me Releases New Ep Feed Me’s Psychedelic Journey
• ODESZA announces new album, In Return, out September 9th on Counter Records
• Crosstown Rebels Announce Day Zero 2015 – Watch Day Zero Rebel Rave Film
• Watch the video for Simian Mobile Disco‘s ‘Tangents’
Vancouver’s emerging low-end specialist, Rook Milo, has been building out his catalog with smooth jams like his single, “Outland,” and his remix of Drake’s “The Language.” Adding to his repertoire, Rook Milo has teamed up with the local designer, MMVIII, for an EP, and “Bodyroll” serves as the first listen. It’s dark, deep, and emotive – just how we like it. Listen for yourself below and stay tuned for the rest of the EP.
• Étienne de Crécy presents Super Discount 3
• All Day I Dream returns to Los Angeles
• Addison Groove Preps Upcoming EP for 50Weapons, Features the Late DJ Rashad on New Track
• Disclosure to start working properly on new album this September
• Mount Kimbie Shares New Mix, Announces Upcoming North American Tour
• Vanilla Ace Announces U.S. Ace Tour 2014, Offers Remix of ZHU’s “Faded” as Free Download
The young gun, Oliver Heldens, has quickly made a name for himself with his unmistakeable brand hard-hitting house music. With his UK #1, ”Gecko (Overdrive),” and a growing catalog of floor-filler tracks, he’s well on his way to becoming top-tier producer/DJ, and he’s not even old enough to legally drink in the U.S. Oliver Heldens just released a full-length preview of his next single, “Koala,” and it proves to strengthen his distinctive sound, while bringing the energy to move the masses.
A couple of years ago, some friends took me to the famed weekly party, Low End Theory, to see one of the LA beat scene’s emerging artists, Astronautica. Although it was a while back, I still vividly remember her fantastic set, and it was this memory that spurred me to enlist her for our guest mix series. Since dropping her vibey Waikiki EP on Alpha Pup a few months ago, she’s been quiet on the release front, but she’s been staying busy with studio sessions in between tour dates. Now Astronautica delivers a smooth and eclectic mix of jams to help you get through the day in a positive way. If you’re around in LA this Friday, catch her live at The Do LaB event with Dimond Saints!
• At last, RL Grime‘s debut album is coming
• Desert Hearts launches imprint, Desert Hearts Records; Stream debut release from Mikey Lion & Jonjo Williams
• Stream Tessela‘s Upcoming EP for R&S
• Lunice is back in a big way with a new single