• Fatboy Slim honored at IMS
• Listen: Dog Blood live at Coachella 2013
• Mixmag TV presents Steve Lawler and Darius Syrossian
• Sensation announces 2013 USA shows
• Tomorrowland 2013: The full stage line-ups
The emerging bass music producer, Druid Cloak, and I are proud to present you with the 117th edition of The Dirt. Together we bring a varied offering of current favorites ranging from experimental to deep house, and everything in between. Enjoy our selections and be sure to grab my free downloads zipped up for your convenience.
Big thank you to Druid Cloak for providing his picks with commentary!
This week’s edition of the GDD™ guest mix series comes from the budding UK producer/DJ known as Bobby Tank. The MofoHifi Records signee has built a name around a well-crafted blend of melodic, synth-heavy, and pop-conscious future garage that is both eclectic and refined. Bobby Tank has hand-picked a number of excellent tracks, and mixed them together to form a balanced, vibey offering that features a wide range of styles from downtempo to house. Listen/download the mix below, and find the tracklist, as well as his latest remix, after the jump.
• Soulwax cancel shows in order to finish new album
• Boards of Canada debut new video in Tokyo
• Watch Four Tet Detail His Live Set-Up
• Richy Ahmed mixes Rinse:23
In a 24-hour period over the weekend, Seven Lions headlined the Avalon Hollywood, played EDC New York, and flew down to Orlando for his third show in a row. Following his run of phenomenal performances, he released his jaw-dropping Minnesota collaboration, “Fevers,” with the Mimi Page on vocal duty. The newest addition to Seven Lions‘ outstanding music catalog serves as a testament to his authenticity as a visionary artist striving for originality. In “Fevers,” he seamlessly merges Mimi Page‘s haunting vocals with powerful melodies and his signature bass-heavy sound for an emotional masterpiece unlike any other. Listen/download below (lyrics after the jump).
• RIP Romanthony, voice of Daft Punk’s “One More Time”
• Skrillex, Baauer, and Guetta win at Billboard Awards
• First Listen: Mount Kimbie, ‘Cold Spring Fault Less Youth’
• Todd Terje Preps New 12″; Preview It Now
• Maya Jane Coles‘ album collaborators revealed
• LTJ Bukem puts Goodlooking back catalog on Spotify
• Watch Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum Talk Music, Collaboration, and More
• DJ Mix: FaltyDL
This week’s guest mix comes courtesy of the Oakland resident and bass music maestro, Gladkill. After seeing him kick off his Summer festival season as a headliner for the sold-out Lucidity Festival, I was certain that we needed to feature him. If you’re not already familiar with Gladkill, he has built a name around his soulful brand of melodic dubstep that provides for an emotive, down-to-earth vibe. He launches his brand new mix series, “Sessions,” that serves to showcase some of his new original music while exploring sonic and spacial territories.
In the midst of this guest mix and his recent performances, he has been deep in the studio gearing up for a stacked schedule of more live dates and festivals including Lightning in a Bottle, Shambhala, Bounce Festival and Enchanted Forest, among others. Enjoy this mix, and keep an eye out for future installments of his mix series, as well as a new release due out in Fall 2013.
TRACKLIST AFTER THE JUMP
• Interview: Giorgio Moroder
• Video: Hot Natured‘s “Reverse Skydiving” live
• Stream Dark Sky‘s New EP for Mister Saturday Night
• Google to announce music streaming service today
• Watch Daft Punk‘s ‘Random Access Memories Unboxed’
• Todd Edwards confirms BBC Essential Mix, with “help” from Daft Punk and Giorgio Moroder
• John Talabot Announces New Single
• Low End Theory to come to London