• Claptone Announces Debut Album, Charmer, Along With New Release
• Pachanga Boys start new label, You And Your Hippie Friends
• Scissor & Thread Drop New Tailored Cuts Vol. 2 Compilation
• Televisor Drops Remix of Savannah Outen’s “Boys”
Essentially, Rambo V wanted to put his spin one of the more obscure tracks from Tame Impala’s Currents, arguably one of the best albums of the year. He ended up going with “Nangs,” a showy synth-based track that really lends itself to the house sound. The vocals are hauntingly sampled, seemingly dripping over the jumpy bassline like the acid-influenced cover art. This remix continues Rambo V’s string of extremely unique remixes and original tracks, and displays his versatility as a producer. This tune will undoubtedly be sneaking its way into many-a-poolside sets before the Summer’s end, and you can download it now for free.
Ever since one of our favorite dirtybirds, Justin Jay, dropped his Momentum EP on Pets Recordings just months ago, we knew it was going to be a fantastic year for LA native. In the midst of recent announcements for TomorrowWorld, Dirtybird Campout, CRSSD Festival, and Holy Ship 2016, Justin is coming through with his long-awaited collaboration with Chris Lorenzo that’s been dubbed “Storm.” Driven by both breakbeat and four-on-the-floor rhythms, this outstanding track showcases a hybridized sound featuring West coast and UK vibes for a perfect transatlantic offering. Listen to the track below and download it here via the tastemaker label, Black Butter Records.
• Watch the Video for Disclosure‘s Latest Single ft. Sam Smith
• Listen to mixes from Carl Cox, The Martinez Brothers, and Sven Vath at Tomorrowland
• Life and Death Announce New Label Compilation
Seattle’s rising talent, Fritz Carlton, recently took the dive to become one of LA’s newest producer transplants, and he’s not wasting any time in establishing his name in our bustling metropolis filled with many other gifted artists. With his distinctive blend of house, ghetto, & tech, he initially cut through the noise with tracks like “Nine to Five” on Perfect Driver, and “Beats Me,” but he’s continuing to out-do himself with each release. His latest, “Push It,” is a surefire floor-filler with its bouncy groove, snarling bassline, and tasteful vocal accents. Enjoy the tune above and keep an eye out for the free download on July 28th via Nite Records.
• DIRTYBIRD Campout Announces Complete Lineup for Inaugural
• SoundCloud confirms paid subscription service on the way
• ROOM8 Releases New Jam, “This Place Again” featuring Polina
• Royal‘s Cycles EP Remixed Features Jai Wolf, Hotel Garuda & More
After dropping his remix of Oh Wonder’s “Lose It” last month, Jerry Folk is back with a new original for those in need of a nu-disco groove. On “Futura,” Jerry fuses an array of synths, keys, edited vocal samples, and a driving rhythm for a smooth jam that evokes memories of a care-free drive down PCH in the summertime. Listen below and download it here.
• Function, Roman Flügel, Bonobo, and Autechre Head up Decibel 2015
• DIRTYBIRD Campout Announces Partnership with Do LaB for October 2-4 Festival
• Hear Rare DJ Tennis Rework of Caribou’s “Mars”
• Royal Delivers Latest Tune, “Queen of France”
Earlier this year, Detroit’s saxophone wielding, electro-soul ambassador, GRiZ, dropped one of his biggest tunes yet, “For the Love” featuring Talib Kweli, and over the course of 4 months, it amassed over 1 million plays. With its success, it’s no surprise that a fresh remix has surfaced, and it happens to be from the ODESZA-endorsed artist, Big Wild. This rising talent has given “For the Love” his own California flavor with a re-worked groove and edited elements from the original, as well as melodic percussion, and other new instrumental accents. Enjoy the remix and see where you can catch GRiZ on tour here.
• Pete Tong & Hot Since 82 Drop the “Ibiza 2015″ Double Mix
• 50Weapons Closes Label After 10 Years
• mau5trap Announces the Signing of Matt Lange and his Debut LP
• Preview a New Album from Donato Dozzy
• Michael Brun and Roy English Soundtrack Your Summer With New Single – ‘Tongue Tied July’