• Download a New Mix from Tycho
• Chet Faker unveils new clip and tour dates
• Bicep announce new release on Will Saul’s Aus label
• Watch the trailer for Night Slugs and Fade to Mind’s documentary Icy Lake
One of Southern California’s finest producer/DJs, Mikey Lion, had early beginnings scratching hip-hop records at the age of 13, but since then, he’s moved on to dance music, cultivating his career through productions and DJ residencies at renowned parties such as Lovelife. Additionally, this San Diego-based artist is also a co-founder and resident of the underground festival, Desert Hearts, that is quickly building a strong community of likeminded House and Techno aficionados, while receiving critical acclaim from respected media outlets like Resident Advisor.
In celebration of the upcoming Desert Hearts festival (Tickets) being held in Apple Valley, CA from April 25-27th, Mikey Lion has delivered an excellent mix of his refined brand of “Tribal Gangster Tech-House” that’ll keep you coming back for more deep grooves. Enjoy the mix below, then head after the jump for Mikey’s upcoming tour dates (including Coachella this weekend), more info on Desert Hearts, and the tracklist for the mix.
• Diplo launches SoundCloud account supporting new music
• Bonobo digs deep for an Essential Mix debut you should hear
• The Do LaB announces Coachella Weekend 2 set times
The LA-based live indie-electronic act, YNGCULT, may be brand new to the scene, but they showcase a matured and developed sound with their unmistakable, soulful music. After releasing a pair of singles off of their forthcoming Capitøll EP (after the jump), and crushing their debut gig at the historic LA venue, The Mint, they deliver an outstanding Coachella mix that not only features tasteful selections from the festival’s performers, but also a handful of their own distinctive originals and an unreleased remix. Whether you went to the festival or not, this YNGCULT mix will conveniently bring the Coachella vibe through your speakers. Keep tabs on YNGCULT and mark your calendars for their Capitøll EP that’s set for release next Tuesday, April 22nd.
Tracklist after the jump…
• Disclosure and Friend Within Premiere New Track, “The Mechanism”
• Culprit celebrates five years with global showcases
• Hyperdub Details New Kyle Hall 12″, Shares Mini-Mix from Kode9
• Coachella announces live stream set times
• Milton Keynes Bowl hosts two-day
Electric Daisy Carnival UK
• Pete Tong‘s All Gone To Sea Plans Revealed
• Edu Imbernon previews new single, “Dalt,”and announces tour
• Download Kaytranada‘s Bandcamp catalog before he takes it down
• Listen to Lockah‘s ‘Yahoo or the Highway’ LP for Donky Pitch
• Motions debuts on Body High
• SoundCloud set to hold discussions with major labels
• Stream a Mini-Mix of Scuba‘s ‘Phenix 1′ EP
• Brian Eno and Karl Hyde reveal another collaborative track, ‘Daddy’s Car’
Today, we have a special feature for the dirtybird-affiliated talent known as Worthy. He’s given us the premiere of his outstanding re-work of ODB’s “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” that brings a striking bass-heavy ghetto-tech sound to the classic tune. Additionally, we’ve conducted a quick Q&A to catch up with him about his forthcoming releases, this re-work, and his other future plans. Have a listen below and check out the Q&A after the jump.
• Ultra Music Festival Announces 2015 Dates, Issues Security Statement
• Glastonbury announces 2014 bill
• New York’s Verboten Announces April Schedule
• Axel Boman, Tom Demac, KiNK, and More to Feature on Upcoming Pets Recordings Comp