After releasing their new track, “Christian Bale,” off of their forthcoming debut OWSLA EP, YOGI has come through with an absolutely massive guest mix. Weaving through a refined selection of everything from Kendrick Lamar and Jay-Z to RL Grime, Keys N Krates, and Daft Punk, they draw listeners in with their exceptional taste and a high-energy mixing style that would seamlessly transfer into a live setting. YOGI has now proven themselves as a very promising act with expertise both in the studio and behind the decks. Expect big things for the future… Enjoy the guest mix below and see the tracklist after the jump.
If you missed it last week, check out “Christian Bale”:
Author Archives: Tōks
• Tomorrowland goes to two weekends
• Toro Y Moi serves ‘Sweet Tea’ under Sides of Chaz moniker
• Download a New Track from Tensnake
• Young Turks release 2013 compilation
• BBC Sound of 2014 longlist revealed
• Listen to the Essential Mix from the Warehouse Project
• Burial will release a new EP this December
• Bristolian singer Javeon enlists Julio Bashmore, Two Inch Punch for debut album
• Underworld recruited by Volkswagen to build “intuitive” music software for drivers
• Disclosure and Loco Dice headline Hideout 2014
• What So Not: “Dance Music Is Going To Move Back To A Live Concept”
As a quickly emerging artist and OWSLA’s latest signee, YOGI is making it clear that his world-class ability should not be overlooked. After amassing over 200,000 plays on his remix of Zedd’s “Stay The Night,” the London-based collaborative act follows up with an inventive original production. In “Christian Bale,” he artfully unifies new-age hip-hop elements, layered melodies, and industrial sounds with a refreshing and unconventional style that is sure to garner worldwide attention. Stay tuned for YOGI‘s GDD™ Guest Mix next week and his forthcoming debut EP that is expected in early 2014, which is rumored to feature collabs with various high profile hip-hop artists.
Watch the lyric video after the jump…
• Kraftwerk announce LA residency
• Paul Kalkbrenner Announces Debut North American Solo Tour
• Watch John Talabot Perform Live in Budapest
• Stream a new Todd Terje single, ‘Spiral’ / ‘Q’
After introducing his metal-influenced side project, Gathering Darkness, with a new single, ”Serpent Of Old” featuring Ciscandra from Nostalghia, and releasing a Thump mini-documentary, Seven Lions follows up with his long-awaited remix of Royksopp’s “Running To The Sea” feat. Susanne Sundfør. In his remix, he takes listeners through an otherworldly journey lead by his deeply emotional and thematic production that draws more similarities to a movie score than a typical dance track. Seven Lions maintains his unwavering artistic integrity and continues to produce outstanding music. Listen to the remix after the jump.
• Claude VonStroke returns to the Essential Mix with bass to burn
• Stereosonic announce Dog Blood’s replacement act
• BPM adds names to 2014 bill
• Prefuse 73, Nosaj Thing, and FaltyDL Plot North American Tour
• Seth Troxler announces 2014 residencies
• DEMF returns to Detroit after twelve years
• The Martinez Brothers Give Away New EP
After discovering Lindsay Lowend over a year ago, I knew that he had great potential. Now with a more refined sound and plenty of releases, including his Wind Fish EP on Symbols Recordings and a handful of stand-out remixes, he has been creating a substantial amount of buzz around his distinctive talent. We couldn’t wait for more Lindsay Lowend music, so we’ve enlisted him for this week’s guest mix. Enjoy his eclectic offering below.