Last year, France’s Watermät broke through with his hit, “Bullit,” that was one of the biggest tracks of the summer, and now he’s back with a new collaboration with Germany’s TAI as a follow up. Each of them have their own individual sounds, but when they’re fused together, the result is this firing new tune, “Frequency.” Combining driving grooves with big-room appropriate elements, the pair seem to have created a versatile house tune that can crush a festival, just as hard as a club. Have a listen to “Frequency” here – it’ll be released next Monday, March 30th via Spinnin’ Records.
Author Archives: Tōks
• Do LaB Coachella Stage Announces Lineup and Exciting Changes in 2015
• Further Future Announces Reveals Full Music Program For Voyage 001: May 1-3
• Listen to The Prodigy‘s New Album, The Day Is My Enemy, on iTunes
• Jamie xx to Release Debut Album
With new festivals spawning in all corners of the United States and abroad, it’s easy for an event to fly under the radar, but San Diego’s CRSSD Festival harnessed our attention with its outstanding music programming, gorgeous venue, and more. After an anxious few months, the long-awaited festival finally descended upon the bay front park, and thousands upon thousands attended to experience a summery soirée helmed by some of the world’s finest producer/DJs and musicians like Maceo Plex, Chromeo, Hot Natured, Robert Delong, GDD™ homies Thomas Jack, Viceroy, Bixel Boys, and SNBRN, amongst others. By now, you’ve probably heard that CRSSD Festival was a great success, but in our minds, it was the perfect way to kick off festival season.
Hear about our experiences on each day after the jump.
• Listen to Fort Romeau‘s Upcoming LP for Ghostly
• GAPS debut album arrives on Maya Jane Coles’s I/AM/ME label
• Underworld and Heller & Farley Unite For Frankie Knuckles Tribute
• Nero Returns with New Single, “The Thrill”
• Win Free Tickets to Tensnake, Kevin Saunderson, and Todd Edwards at Avalon Hollywood Tomorrow Night (3/21)
• Seth Troxler Joins Guy Gerber’s RUMORS Records With ‘Evangelion’
• Full details of Matthew Herbert‘s The Shakes emerge
• Richie Hawtin‘s CNTRL Tour Returns Next Month
• Splash House Returns to Palms Springs (June 13-14 and August 8-9), Announces Pre-Sale Tickets/Hotel Packages
• Recondite Preps New 12″ for Life & Death
Dirtybird’s young gun, Justin Jay, is moving up in the world as his debut Momentum EP on Catz ‘N Dogz’ trusted label, Pets Recordings, is finally out for all to enjoy. In the midst of his last semester at the University of Southern California, this gifted 21-year-old has been cranking out jam after jam in his bedroom, working alongside artists like Kill Frenzy. From deep, to tech, to carefree vibes, Justin’s 3-track Momentum EP shows how much he has matured over the last months, both personally and musically, and it’s excellent to see his musical sophistication shining through once again. Enjoy the EP below and pick it up on Beatport.
Get more insight into the EP from Justin Jay himself:
• Kendrick Lamar‘s Album Is Out a Week Earlier Than Expected
• Octave One Readies New Album, Burn It Down
• Agoria announces release plans for Baptême
• Agoria, Monoloc feature on Innervisions‘ new Secret Weapons
• Trouble & Bass Says Goodbye, Announces Final Label Compilation
• Max Cooper and Tom Hodge Announce New Collaborative EP
• Chachi Remixes Men At Work’s “Land Down Under”
MONARCH, a new four-piece band featuring OneRepublic’s Brent Kutzle and Brian Willett, is on the come up with their vintage-yet-modern indie-electronic sound, as heard on their debut single, “Stay.” Although they’re not a side project of OneRepublic, they seem to hold the potential to swiftly rise up the ranks to stand next to their more established counterparts. Following the initial release of “Stay,” Monarch now releases a fresh rendition from LA-based producer/DJ, Vice. Known for his eclectic productions and live sets, Vice has recently experimented with groove-driven sounds, and he continues to do so on this club-ready house remix of “Stay.” Enjoy: