While it was a bit rainy and cold in Chicago for the midwest stop of Electric Daisy Carnival last month, it was still an absolute blast. We had the chance to see some great sets, including one from our friend Tittsworth who played the Bass Pod on that Saturday evening, and we’re happy to announce that he happened to record the entire thing and is sharing it with us all this morning. Featuring a grip of Tittsworth’s own bassy originals and remixes, this live recording should be a great mood-setter if you’re planning on turnin’ up in Vegas for EDC this weekend.
Tracklist after the jump… Continue Reading
• Skrillex does the Essential Mix
• Detroit Swindle start HEIST Recordings
• AlunaGeorge announce first North American Tour
• Andrés & Ejeca remix Romanthony’s “Ministry of Love”
• Bondax announce North America Tour
• Watch a Short documentary about the beat scene in Los Angles
• Las Vegas loves Techno at EDC afterparties
• Seth Troxler‘s advice on the DJ game: “Don’t be a dick”
• Kraftwerk to begin work on ninth album, Ralf Hütter confirms
• The Do LaB announces official Los Angeles Lightning in a Bottle pre-party
• Native Instruments Unveils Kontrol Z1 for Traktor
• Boards of Canada: ‘We’ve become a lot more nihilistic over the years’
• Clarification: Disclosure responds to photo of “faked” DJ set
• Listen: DFA’s The Juan MacLean aces his Essential Mix
• XXYYXX wants you to “Pay Attention”
The duo donning Storm Trooper masks known as Lazerdisk Party Sex have put together a remix for GDD™ fav, Keys N Krates, for the forthcoming Treat Me Right EP out on Dim Mak Records June 11th along with additional remixes from Thugli and Grandtheft. Chad and Zack (of LDPS) utilize Moombah drums to open up a chopped, Pop-oriented vocal from Keys N Krates, creating a catchiness reminiscent of their big hit with Diplo, “Set It Off.” Preview it here first.
It’s time for the weekend – and what better way to kick it off with a special HARD edition of The Dirt, bringing you (15) tracks to pump all the way through. We welcome the HARD bossman Destructo to the selection, along with his #2, mister D BELL himself and our very own BONES. Some of these you can download (where you see the DL link given), but some you just have to listen and wait because they’re either too good to be FREE or their quite frankily not even out yet. All in all, gems abound. Dig in, my weekend warriors.
Listen & Download (after the jump)
It’s been a torrid 2013 for our LA compadres, Bixel Boys. Their short but sweet list of remixes/reworks/edits over the last several months reads like a who’s who of pop/R&B icons, both current and past. From Michael Jackson to Robin Thicke, Bixel Boys have put their own modernized stamp on popular (but not obvious) crowd favorites. This time around it’s the 1991 jam “Crazy” by Seal receiving the remix treatment. The remix fuses together sunny West Coast disco & house with deeper, soulful garage giving it a California UK vibe perfect for the upcoming Summer season. POOL PARTY APPROVED.
Live that #FREELIFE and grab the free download below.
• Fatboy Slim honored at IMS
• Listen: Dog Blood live at Coachella 2013
• Mixmag TV presents Steve Lawler and Darius Syrossian
• Sensation announces 2013 USA shows
• Tomorrowland 2013: The full stage line-ups
This week’s edition of the GDD™ guest mix series comes from the budding UK producer/DJ known as Bobby Tank. The MofoHifi Records signee has built a name around a well-crafted blend of melodic, synth-heavy, and pop-conscious future garage that is both eclectic and refined. Bobby Tank has hand-picked a number of excellent tracks, and mixed them together to form a balanced, vibey offering that features a wide range of styles from downtempo to house. Listen/download the mix below, and find the tracklist, as well as his latest remix, after the jump.