• Recondite Announces a New Album; Shares a Track
• DJ Koze helms 50th edition of DJ-Kicks
• SpectraSoul announce second album
Recondite Announces a New Album; Shares a Track
As pointed up over on Resident Advisor’s Feed section, prolific Bavarian producerRecondite has quietly announced that he has a new album in the works, this one for Absurd Recordings / Acid Test. The announcement comes less than half a year after his last full-length effort, Iffy, dropped on Innervisions. It seems the new album, named Placid, won’t be out for a while—very sparing notes on Recondite’s Soundcloud mention that it will appear sometime in the fall—but in the meantime the slow-mo atmospherics of a track from it called “Pass Up” can be streamed on the player below.
DJ Koze helms 50th edition of DJ-Kicks
DJ Koze has mixed the 50th DJ-Kicks mix.
Eleven years have passed since DJ Koze’s first and only commercial mix to date: 2004’s All People Is My Friends for Kompakt. In that time he’s evolved into one of Europe’s most loved DJs as well as an in-demand producer and remixer. HisDJ-Kicks mix features tunes from Freddie Gibbs & Madlib,Broadcast, Frank & Tony, Marcel Fengler, Portable and Star Trek actor William Shatner. There’s the usual exclusive track too, with DJ Koze’s own “I Haven’t Been Everywhere But It’s On My List” opening the mix.
Koze’s instalment is the landmark 50th release in !K7‘s mix series. The label’s CEO Horst Weidenmueller says: “I’m very proud of what !K7 and my team have done with DJ-Kicks over the years. 25 years ago it was very frustrating to see that a DJ was not considered as a real artist, and the idea behind DJ-Kickswas to move the DJ into the centrepoint of an album (I know it sounds stupid nowadays). This worked out very well, but what I’m most proud of is that DJ-Kicks was and still is a very unique concept, enabling an artist to take existing music that inspires them and to combine this with their own music. It gives producers and DJs more creative license than an artist album or traditional mix CD.” The mix arrives with the series in a rich vein of form, following recent editions from Nina Kraviz and Actress.
01. DJ Koze – I Haven’t Been Everywhere But It’s On My List (DJ-Kicks Exclusive)
02. Dimlite – Can’t Get Used To Those? (Kosi Edit) / Efdemin – Ohara
03. cLOUDDEAD – Dead Dogs Two (Boards Of Canada Remix)
04. Strong Arm Steady – Best Of Times (Instrumental)
05. Homeboy Sandman – Holiday (Kosi & Fink’s Edit)
06. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – Shame (Instrumental)
07. Mndsgn – Camelblues (Kosi Edit)
08. Broadcast – Tears In The Typing Pool
09. Daniel Lanois – Carla
10. Hi-Tek / The 2 Bears – Come Get It (Tekstrumental) / Modern Family (Kosi Kos Mélange)
11. William Shatner – It Hasn’t Happened Yet
12. Marker Starling – In Stride
13. Session Victim – Hyuwee (DJ Koze Remix)
14. Frank & Tony – Bring The Sun feat. Gry (Kosi Edit)
15. Marcel Fengler – Jaz (Kosi Edit)
16. Portable feat. Lcio – Surrender (Kosi Edit)
17. The Gentle People – Superstar
!K7 Records will release DJ-Kicks: DJ Koze on June 15th, 2015.
SpectraSoul announce second album
SpectraSoul will drop their next LP on June 7th.
The Mistress follows 2013’s debut album Delay No More and a relatively quiet period that was broken by the release of The Mistress’s first single, “Always,” back in February. We wrote that “SpectraSoul’s first single since 2013 does what they’ve always done best,” and now the UK duo have revealed full details of their upcoming full-length. The 13-track album features collaborations with Lily McKenzie, Harleighblu, Dan Moss, Tamara and Joshua Idehen, whom you might recognize from his frequent work with Hyperdub and Keysound-affiliated group LV. As usual, The Mistress will come via Shogun Audio.
You can stream that latest single below, and you can give your email address over at the band’s official website to get an exclusive preview of the LP.
01. Ghost Lane
02. Shelter feat. Lily McKenzie
05. I’m Real Good feat. Harleighblu
06. Hot Head, Rock Bed
07. III Chord Interlude
08. More To Give feat. Tamara
09. Kutchi feat. Joshua Idehen
11. Lights Go Down
13. The Mistress feat. Dan Moss
Shogun Audio will release The Mistress on June 7th, 2015.