• Masters At Work plan 40-track compilation for Defected
• SBTRKT debuts new music in live Maida Vale session
• Hear the Lead Track from Midland‘s Upcoming EP for Aus
Masters At Work plan 40-track compilation for Defected
Due out September 21st, the compilation will be available on 4xCD, double-vinyl and digital formats. In addition to some of Louie Vega and Kenny Dope’s original tunes produced under various aliases—”I Can’t Get No Sleep,” “The Nervous Track,” “The Ha Dance”—there’s a load of MAW dubs and remixes of the likes of Saint Etienne, The Brand New Heavies, Simply Red and more. It’s not a straight-up best-of compilation, with some of the duo’s more obscure records included as well.
“We wanted to try and pick out some of the joints that got overlooked the first time around,” says Kenny Dope. “There were tracks that were bigger than others, but that doesn’t mean those other records aren’t as good.” Vega adds: “Even with those bigger records, there’s an audience that doesn’t know them, so we’re trying to think about the younger kids as well as our older fans with the selection.”
You can watch a brief video trailer for House Masters: Masters At Work below:
01. Bebe Winans – Thank You (MAW Mix)
02. The Braxtons – The Boss (MAW Remix)
03. MAW feat. James Ingram – Lean On Me (MAW Mix)
04. Masters At Work feat. India – Backfired (Album Version)
05. Voices – Voices In My Mind (MAW Mix)
06. Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Masters At Work Main Mix)
07. Incognito – Nights Over Egypt (Masters At Work Main Mix)
08. Nuyorican Soul feat. India – Runaway (Original Flava 12″)
09. Urbanized feat. Slivano – Helpless (I Don’t Know What To Do Without You) (The Kenlou Remix)
10. Gus Gus – VIP (Masters At Work Vocal Mix)
01. Masters At Work feat. India – I Can’t Get No Sleep (Ken Lou 12” Mix)
02. Masters At Work feat. India – When You Touch Me (M.A.W. Remix)
03. Funky People feat. Cassio Ware – Funky People (Masters At Work Main Mix)
04. Ruffneck feat. Yavahn – Everybody Be Somebody (MAW Style Mix)
05. Simply Red – Thrill Me (Masters At Work House Mix)
06. Black Masses – Wonderful Person (MAW Vocal Mix)
07. George Benson – Song For My Brother (Kenlou 12″ Mix)
08. Masters At Work – Work (MAW Mix)
09. River Ocean feat. India – Love & Happiness (Yemeya Y Ochun) (MAW Original Remix Extended)
10. Maw feat. Luis Salinas – Pienso En Ti (I Think Of You) (House Mix)
01. Saint Etienne – Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Masters At Work Dub)
02. Lood feat. Donell Rush – Shout-N-Out (The DJ Dub)
03. Nuyorican Soul – The Nervous Track (Ballsy Mix)
04. Chris Cuevas - Hip Hop (Masters At Work Dub)
05. Atmosfear - Dancing In Outer Space (Lunar Mix Part 1)
06. D’Influence – Hypnotize (M.A.W. Piano Dub Mix)
07. The Neville Brothers – Fly Like An Eagle (Slippin Dub)
08. Debbie Gibson – Losin’ Myself (12” Masters At Work Version)
09. Uncanny Alliance – I Got My Education (Master At Work Dub)
10. Masters At Work – Our Mute Horn (Ken Lou Mix)
01. Masters At Work – The Ha Dance (Ken / Lou Mixx)
02. Los Amigos Invisibles – Ease Your Mind (Masters At Work Dub Edit)
03. House Of Gypsies – Sume Sigh Sey (MAW Remix)
04. Kathy Brown – Can’t Play Around (M.A.W Dub)
05. Ce Ce Peniston – Crazy Love (Krazy Dub)
06. Baaba Maal – Gorel (Piano Dub)
07. Jody Watley – Off The Hook (MAW Dub)
08. Ultra Naté – Show Me (Masters At Work Wild Dub)
09. The Brand New Heavies – Close To You (Masters At Work Remix)
10. B.O.P – Zabalaza (MAW Original Mix)
Defected will release House Masters: Masters At Work on September 21st, 2014.
SBTRKT debuts new music in live Maida Vale session
SBTRKT debuted music from his forthcoming album ‘Wonder Where We Land’ in a BBC Live Session yesterday.
Playing at Maida Vale on Zane Lowe’s Radio 1 show, the London producer performed album bonus track ‘War Drums’, which features Warpaint, the Sampha-featuring ‘Temporary View’, ‘New Dorp. New York’ and ‘Highs and Lows’ from his ‘Transitions’ EP.
The album, which also features collaborations with Jessie Ware, A$AP Ferg and Andrew Ashong, will arrive on September 22 via Young Turks.
Listen to his Maida Vale session below.
Hear the Lead Track from Midland’s Upcoming EP for Aus
The title track from Midland‘s upcoming Duster EP can now be heard in full ahead of the record’s release next month. Spanning over six minutes, “Duster” is led by an active dose of synth bass, which leaps just ahead of the beat, twisting around the tune’s dusty shuffle and subtle layers of rich, string-like pads (though the production is not quite as string-heavy as Midland’s recent ”Before We Leave” single).
Set to lead off Midland’s forthcoming record for Aus, “Duster” can be streamed below; the full three-track EP lands on September 15.