• Azari & III to Release ‘Body Language 13′
• John Talabot to mix next DJ-Kicks
• Anna Lunoe signs to Ultra Music
• MANIK announces new EP
Azari & III to Release ‘Body Language 13′
Still riding on the success of its debut LP from 2011, Canadian house outfit Azari & III will be next to issue a mix for Get Physical‘s ongoing Body Language series. And this latest mix album will offer something a bit different, as the band’s core DJ/producers, Dinamo Azari and Alixander III, will each release their own exclusive sets across two discs. AsResident Advisor reports, Dinamo Azari’s submission is described as “too hard for the day, too soft for the night,” while his counterpart says his part of the mix album was inspired by “memories of cassette mixtapes from my early ’90s industrial/rave days.” Heady and driving tunes from the likes of Robert Hood, Planetary Assault Systems, Shed, Plastikman, Scuba, L.I.E.S. affiliate Jahiliyya Fields, Moiré, Daphni, and Locked Groove, among the mixer’s own productions and other artists, will appear across the two-disc mix album. Before Azari & III’s Body Language 13 drops as a digital download on September 27 and as a CD package on October 18, its artwork and tracklist can be found below.
Dinamo Azari mix:
02. Shed – 44A (Hard Wax Forever)
03. Locked Groove – Lost
04. Locussolus – Berghain
05. Streetwalker – The Nymph
06. Barnt – Geffen
07. Daphni – Light
08. Acid Jesus – Radium
09. Tommy Four Seven – Track 5 (Robert Hood Remix)
10. Unknown – Test
11. Perspects – They Keep Dancing
12. Moire – Drugs
13. Samo DJ – Leggo
14. Unknown – S.Y.S
Alixander III mix:
01. Acid Junkies – Weird-O-Eight
02. Jahiliyya Fields – White Cabbage
03. Phone Sex feat Grimes – Blood Diamond
04. Origami Suicide – Sweet Blasphemies
05. Teste – The Wipe
06. Electric Mistress – Manhattan Ave
07. Alixander III – In A Vacuum
08. Planetary Assault Systems – Suktion
09. Gazelle Twin – Heartbeat
10. Plastikman – Plasticene
11. Azari & III – Change Of Heart
12. Scuba – Underbelly
13. Alixander III & Hugues St. Amour – 3rd Bi-Annual M-nority Report
14. Gazelle Twin – Heartbeat
John Talabot to mix next DJ-Kicks
Spanish producer John Talabot will be the man behind the next instalment of the highly regarded DJ-Kicks series.
In recent times, acts such as Maya Jane Coles, Digitalism and Gold Panda have stepped up to provide mixes of varying natures, and now it’s the turn of the Barcelona producer and Hivern Discs label boss.
As is customary with the DJ-Kicks series, an exclusive track by the creator is always included somewhere in the duration, but Talabot has gone one better and provided two exclusive cuts in his 27-track mix. One is a solo effort called ‘Without You’, and the other is a collaboration with Axel Boman titled ‘Sideral’ under the moniker of Talaboman.
When asked about the mix, Talabot indicated that it is one that looks into his influences rather than it being a straight up club mix:
“I thought that it would be good if people could discover what my influences are, where I’ve come from, the people that I admire and tracks that have been important to me over the last ten years, plus some tracks on my label that have never been released.”
John Talabot’s DJ-Kicks is set for release through !K7 Records on October 28, and the preview is below along with the tracklist.
01. North Lake – ‘Journey To The Center Of The Sun’
02. Pye Corner Audio – ‘Underneath The Dancefloor’
03. Maps – ‘I Heard Them Say’ (Andy Stott Remix)
04. Pye Corner Audio – ‘Zero Centre’
05. Michael Ozone – ‘Hetrotopia’ (Young Marco Remix)
06. Madteo – ‘We Doubt (You Can Make It)’
07. Harmonious Thelonious – ‘The Grasshopper Was The Witness’ (Elmore Judd & Rowan Park Remix)
08. Tempel Rytmik – ‘Anagrama’
09. John Talabot – ‘Without You’ (DJ-Kicks)
10. Axel Boman – ‘Klinsmann’
11. Joaquin Joe Claussell presents Residue Part One – ‘Eno’ (Melodic Dub)
12. Bostro Pesopeo & Pional – ‘Bonus Beats’
13. Mara TK – ‘Run’ (Moodymann Remix)
14. Alex Burkat – ‘Shower Scene’
15. Mistakes Are Okay – ‘Night Watcher’
16. Unknown – ‘#001′
17. Round – ‘Glass’
18. Max Mohr – ‘Old Song’
19. Samo DJ – ‘Tai Po Kau’
20. Motor City Drum Ensemble – ‘Escape To Nowhere’
21. Paradise’s Deep Groove – ‘Innermind’
22. Abby – ‘Streets’ (Wraetlic Remix)
23. DJ Jus-Ed – ‘Turn Of The Century’
24. Genius Of Time – ‘Juno Jam’
25. Kron – ‘Silikron’ (Jürgen Paape Remix)
26. Talaboman – ‘Sideral’
27. Pional – ‘It’s All Over’ (Locked Groove Rendition)
Anna Lunoe signs to Ultra Music
Sydney singer and producer Anna Lunoe has been signed to big-boy American label, Ultra Music.
The news accompanies her new single ‘Breathe’, a joint release by Ultra and A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Records.
Since relocating to Los Angeles around 18 months ago, Lunoe has had a packed out schedule, touring North America and Australia as well as a performance at Ultra Music Festival and collaborating with Brooklyn producer AC Slater.
Lunoe is showing no signs of slowing down just yet as she currently tours the US with The Weeknd and Banks.
Head to her site for dates and more info.
MANIK announces new EP
New York producer MANIK has a new EP forthcoming on Josh Wink’s Ovum imprint.
After a string of releases on Wink’s record label, the producer returns with his next offering which is entitled ‘House Cut 1′.
The EP features a trio of house cuts, as the name suggests, which are all chunky, rolling tracks.
The ‘House Cut 1′ EP will be released sometime in October, and the title track can be previewed below.