• Deadmau5 building a new tour for 2014
• Check Out Todd Terje‘s ‘Essential Mix’
• Culture Fires releases free EP
• Burning Man increases capacity
Deadmau5 building a new tour for 2014
Never one for understatement, Deadmau5 says he is “building a new tour” for 2014, one that will out-do his Rubik’s Cube production used in previous shows.
In an interview with the Toronto Star, he said: “I’m building a new tour, for much later, 2014. And of course it will have to manage to trump the ‘Cube’ show. I could absolutely just slap the Cube back together and ball it up, but I’m in that mentality where I want to keep one-upping the show.”
Ahead of planning his flashy new show, the electronic producer said he is focusing on making new music, in between playing his Vegas residency at super club Hakkasan (where VIPs have been known to spend $600k in a single night), a gig which pays his “hydro bills”.
The Mau5 certainly keeps himself busy being outspoken on social media, most recently in a little tiff with Afrojack, which has seen the two taking jabs at each other by posting piss-take tracks to their Soundcloud pages.
Deadmau5 is headlining Toronto’s Veld festival this Sunday, which last year drew a crowd of 46,000 people. He will also play Jay-Z’s Made in America festival in Philadelphia at the end of August.
Check Out Todd Terje’s ‘Essential Mix’
Over the weekend, Norwegian space-disco stalwart Todd Terje premiered his installment ofBBC Radio 1‘s ongoing Essential Mix series, a two-hour set of eclectic selections from one of the biggest names in dance music right now. The mix runs the gamut of styles and the DJ’s own influences, touching on everything from Men at Work and Steve Miller Band to Lone and Prins Thomas. Todd Terje even drops in a few of his own esteemed edits throughout the 28-track playlist. The latest Essential Mix can be streamed and downloaded via the player below, where its tracklist can also be found.
01. Wally Badarou – Voices 1’49”
02. Ryuichi Sakamoto & Robin Scott – Once In A Lifetime
03. Herb Alpert – Rotation
04. Jim Morrison – Ghost Song
05. Guru Guru – Tacoma
06. Edu Lobo – Zanzibar
07. Paul Mauriat – From Jupiter With Love
08. Juan Laya & Jorge Montiel – Cumbanchero
09. Traks – Wild Safari (Todd Terje Edit)
10. Men At Work – Down Under (Chuck Norris Dub)
11. Dennis Brown – Out Of The Funk
12. Tanner Ross – Straight To The Moon
13. Tim Green – Cherry
14. Johnwaynes – 1002 Nights
15. Nee Karabcek – Yali Yali (Todd Terje Edit)
16. Angelo & Eighteen – Flight 2
17. Status IV – You Ain’t Really Down (Todd Terje Edit)
18. Lone – Lying In The Reeds
19. Chico Hablas – Los Voladores (Todd Terje Edit)
20. Joe – R.E.J. Bit
21. Kitty Winter – New Morning (Prins Thomas Edit)
22. Shindai Lovers – A Little Bit Faster
23. Linus Loves – Skagg
24. Steve Miller Band – Serenade
25. Sleazy McQueen – Mrs. Vanderbilt
26. Guitar Slim Green – Shake It Up (Todd Terje Edit)
27. Gerry Rafferty – Right Down The Line
28. Nicolette Larson – Lotta Love
Culture Fires releases free EP
California’s Culture Fires release a free EP of “cosmic space funk.”
Official debut release coming this fall on Justin Millers label HAKT (Have A Killer Time). Other news coming soon!
Burning Man increases capacity
Burning Man, the largest outdoor arts festival in North America, is about to become even bigger.
The festival, held about 100 miles north of the city of Reno, Nevada, has been issued a four-year special recreation permit that will allow for a peak population of 68,000 festival-goers in 2013.
Last year attendance at the site on the Black Rock Desert peaked at 56,000.
Burning Man spokeswoman Megan Miller said organisers were making improvements to the temporary city’s infrastructure to prepare for larger crowds, including establishing the first shuttle bus service to the event.
Miller went on to say, “We have always been confident in our ability to grow the event safely and sustainably and have been asking the BLM (U.S Bureau of Land Management) for this increase for several years”
The gathering attracts people from around the world and will be allowed to grow again to 70,000 after this year’s initial cap.
Burning Man will be held from August 26- September 2.