• Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs mixes Get Lost VI
• Keys N Krates release official video for “Treat Me Right” and giveaway Thugli remix
• Australia’s Stereosonic Festival expands to two days
• Dusky Preps EP for Naked Naked
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs mixes Get Lost VI
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs has mixed the next instalment of Get Lost, for release on July 8th.
The sixth instalment in the Crosstown Rebels mix series’ comes after efforts from Damian Lazarus, Jamie Jones and others. The Oxford producer, real name Orlando Higginbottom, has been on quite a tear since his 2009 debut: in addition to releasing records through Greco-Roman and Play It Down, he’s found crossover success by signing to major label Polydor, worked with Damon Albarn and remixed the likes of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Foals.
Get Lost VI will be Higginbottom’s first mix CD, and features an exclusive new production in collaboration with Eats Everything. The two-disc mix promises plenty of variety, with selections from Gold Panda, Breach, LFO, Axel Boman, Tiga,Underground Resistance, Richard H. Kirk, DJ Bone, Mathew Jonson and Marc Kinchen’s short-lived featuring house outfit Separate Minds among others, running the gamut from driving techno to more melodic house.
01. Flako – Honey Drips
02. Kevin Harrison – All Night Long
03. Valentina – Wolves (Roman Flugel Remix)
04. Axel Boman – Klinsmann
05. Jorge Velez – Floo
06. Christophe – Comeback (Casino Times Remix)
07. Matthias Zimmerman – Vicente
08. Dave Aju – Anyway
09. Millennium – ICU
10. Kenny Glasgow – Dance 2 Da House
11. Traumprinz – Eachstep
12. Pitto – Mono Desire
13. Gold Panda – Burnt Out Car In A Forest
14. LFO – Track 4
15. Albinos – Bakatribe
16. Asa-Chang & Junray- Hana
01. Deutsche Wertarbeit – Auf Eneglsflugein
02. Underground Resistance – Base Camp Alpha 808
03. Richard H. Kirk – I Want More
04. Visnadi – Hunt’s Up
05. Trus’me – It’s Slow
06. Breach & Dark Sky – The Click
07. Eats Everything & Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Lion, The Lion
08. Tiga – Plush (Ame Remix)
09. DJ Bone – Thursday Night
10. Future Four – Into Orbit
11. Jamie Jones – Tonight In Tokyo (Breach Remix)
12. Subb-an & Tom Trago ft. Seth Troxler – Time
13. Bernard Badie – Time Reveals
14. Hayden Andre Project – Tribal Life
15. Mathew Jonson – Automaton
16. Separate Minds – Troubled World
Crosstown Rebels will release Get Lost VI on July 8th, 2013.
(via Resident Advsior)
Keys N Krates release official video for “Treat Me Right” and giveaway Thugli remix
Australia’s Stereosonic Festival expands to two days
One of Australia’s biggest and best music festivals, Stereosonic has announced that it is expanding to become a two-day event. This means that each city will get double the fun.
The announcement came via a Facebook post yesterday.
This year’s line-up has yet to be confirmed, but last year’s festival saw the likes of Brodinski, Dillon Francis, Major Lazer, Mr Oizo, Flux Pavillion and more perform, so you’ll be sure to get a big one.
The new dates are as follows:
Saturday 30 November/Sunday 1 December – Sydney
Saturday 30 November/Sunday 1 December – Perth
Friday 6/Saturday 7 December – Adelaide
Saturday 7/ Sunday 8 December – Melbourne
Saturday 7/ Sunday 8 December – Brisbane
Dusky Preps EP for Naked Naked
London duo Dusky apparently likes to keep busy. With its Nobody Else EP dropping just over a month ago and the pair’s remix abilities constantly being called upon—not to mention dropping an impressive podcast for XLR8R back in February—Dusky have certainly had a hot hand lately. Keeping that momentum going, the outfit has announced the forthcoming Vanishing Point EP, set to appear on the Naked Naked imprint early next month. Dusky’s three-track contribution to the label will mark Naked Naked’s first release to not involve the talents of its founder, Ben Westbeech (a.k.a. Breach), who has contributed to records for his own label alongside Midland and Dark Sky. Nonetheless, the upcoming EP is said to find Dusky, “at [its] very best; carving out new rules in what it means to produce UK house and techno.” We’ll have to wait until the record drops on June 3 to find out exactly what that sounds like, but for now, the forthcoming EP’s artwork and tracklist are included below.
01 Vanishing Point
02 Truth Capital T
03 Vanishing Point (Deeper Mix) *Digital Only