• Tiga drops hints about new album
• Light Nightclub Turns On Friday, April 26th, 2013
• Doctor’s orders: Avicii forced to cancel more gigs
• Hideout announces 2013 boat party lineup
• MK next up on Defected’s In The House series
Tiga drops hints about new album
After the success of last year’s ‘Plush’ and this week’s release of ‘Trust Your Body’, Tiga has firmly put himself back on the musical map.
In a recent interview with Time Out New York, the Turbo Recordings boss dropped a few hints about his upcoming third studio album.
Although he kept a lot to his chest, it’s clear that another LP is in the pipeline with collaborations included for good measure.
“There’s a target to have it finished in the summer, and I’ve taken some time off touring in order to make that happen. I have a long list of collaborators, some of them real and some potential.”
Check out the full interview here.
Light Nightclub Turns On Friday, April 26th, 2013
Light Nightclub announces their opening weekend lineup! See who will be turned on by Cirque Du Soleil April 26 + 27! Early bird tickets on sale March 26… Follow Light on Twitter @TheLightVegas for presale codes!
Doctor’s orders: Avicii forced to cancel more gigs
Right now, superstar Swede Avicii is soaking up the sun in Miami in between Ultra Music Festival’s two massive weekends. But while the Levels hitmaker is locked into take the UMF mainstage again this Friday night Miami time, he’s been forced to cancel a pair of upcoming tour dates. It’s bad news for Indian fans who were due to catch Tim Bergling in Delhi and Mumbai on April 6 and 7, as both dates have now been called off.
Earlier this month, Bergling was forced to cancel his appearances at the Brisbane and Perth leg of Future Music Festival due to stomach issues. Unfortunately, it seems the health woes are persisting. “It is with deep regret we have to inform you of the cancellation of ‘Sunburn Arena Avicii India tour’ in Mumbai and Delhi,” Indian promoters said in a statement. “Unfortunately Avicii has been facing health issues recently and has been forced to take rest until he is once again healthy to perform and travel until further notice.” Ahead of his slot at Ultra, Bergling also cancelled a date in Mexico last week due to ill health.
In January, Avicii told inthemix that after racking up over 300 shows in 2012, he’s planning to scale the touring way back for 2013. “The first six months of this year – except for the Australia trip and a small Euro trip – I’m going to be in the U.S.,” he explained. “I’ll maybe do one or two shows a week and go back to L.A., so I’ll kind of have a home, which I really haven’t had in the last four years. So it’s going to be a big change for me that I’m really looking forward to.” True to that, it seems staying put may be the Swede’s best course of action right now.
Hideout announces 2013 boat party lineup
Hideout Festival has unveiled its boat party lineup for this year’s festival.
Running from June 30th through July 5th at Zrce Beach on the Island of Pigs in Croatia, Hideout has made boat parties a major part of its programming these last few years. For 2013, more than a dozen labels and promoters will set sail. Highlights of this year’s offerings include Aus & Simple (with the head of both labels, Will Saul, sharing the decks with George FitzGerald and Midland), Hessle Audio (featuring founders Pearson Sound, Ben UFO and Pangaea), Numbers (with Jackmaster, Joy Orbison and Spencer) and 2020 Vision (which welcomes Bicep aboard with label regulars Ralph Lawson and Simon Baker). You can check out the full boat party schedule here.
As usual, admission for the boat parties isn’t included with the festival ticket. Check Hideout 2013’s event page on RA to see what regular admission gets you.
MK next up on Defected’s In The House series
Known more for his original productions and remixes than his DJing—in fact, he rarely DJ’d at all in his early years—the release will be Kinchen’s first commercial mix.Defected presents MK In The House is heavily focused on the producer’s own remixes and dubs under the name MK. It contains a number of classic tracks, such as 1993’s “Love Changes” featuring Alana and the MK dub of Jodeci’s “Freek’n You,” first released in ’95. There’s some brand new material, too, most notably Kinchen’s own remixes of The Pet Shop Boys’ “Can You Forgive Her” and FCL’s “It’s You.”
A press release states that the two-disc mix was recorded in one long session. “A lot of my DJ friends, I thought they did their mixes and podcasts live, but a lot of them use Ableton,” Kinchen says. “This was the first time I did it that way and it was pretty cool for me.” Defected also revealed that Kinchen is working on a live band project with Hot Natured member Lee Foss and vocalist Anabel (the three of them have already teamed up on “Electricty,” disc two’s closing track.) The digital version of the mix comes with a bonus 10-track release featuring MK remixes and original productions.
01. MK feat. Alana – Love Changes (MK mix)
02. Prince Club & Poupon feat. Nahrin David – Only One
03. Pet Shop Boys – Can You Forgive Her? (MK remix)
04. Dusky – Nobody Else
05. Jodeci – Freek’n You (MK dub)
06. FCL – It’s You (MK mix)
07. Alex Agore – Mizz Honey
08. Prince Club & Poupon feat. MARS – Before
09. CREEP feat. Nina Sky – You (MK Hot Tub Rub Dub)
10. Bizarre Inc – Took My Love (MK remix – Lee Foss edit)
11. Amirali – Just An Illusion (MK remix)
12. Sousk and Moonface Present Animalz – Da Riddum (Reset Robot remix)
13. Huxley – No Matter What (MK dub)
14. MK feat. Alana – Always (MK club mix)
01. Catz ‘N Dogz feat. Monty Luke – They Frontin’
02. Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans (MK Dark Blue Dub)
03. Eats Everything – The Withywood Walk
04. Rachel Row – Follow The Step (KiNK mix)
05. Harrison Crump feat. Tierra Nevaeh – No More Lies (Sonny Fodera’s Beatdown mix)
06. Kings Of Tomorrow feat. April – It’s Only You (Sandy Rivera’s Original mix)
07. Dirty Channels feat. Rosina – On The Way
08. Jamie Jones – Road To The Studio (Fly Mix)
09. Shadow Child – So High (Hot Since 82 remix)
10. Dillon – Thirteen Thirtyfive (Lee Foss & MK remix)
11. Storm Queen – Look Right Through (MK Dub III)
12. Toto Chiavetta – Mother Acid Land
13. Lee Foss & MK feat. Anabel – Electricity
Defected will release Defected presents MK In The House on April 22nd, 2013.