• Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Mumford & Sons to Play Bonnaroo
• RBMA New York announce first batch of events and guest speakers
• Skream steps up for All Gone Miami 2013
• Azari & III reworked by Disclosure, Nicolas Jaar, Maceo Plex, and more on remix album
• DJs Play Ball – Miami’s Red Blue Classic Basketball Game
Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Mumford & Sons to Play Bonnaroo
Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are among the biggest acts slated for this year’s Bonnaroo festival, which also includes Bjork, Wilco, Wu-Tang Clan, R. Kelly and more. Bonnaroo takes place from June 13th-16th in Manchester, Tennessee.
“Weird Al” Yankovic announced the roster of acts during the Bonnaroo Live Lineup Announcement Megathon (B.L.A.M.) live stream. Other artists set to play include: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, A$AP Rocky, Passion Pit, The xx, ZZ Top, Pretty Lights, David Byrne and St. Vincent, Billy Idol, Cat Power, Alt-J, Animal Collective, Matt and Kim, Grizzly Bear, Jim James, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Japandroids and Portugal. The Man. Yankovic will also perform, along with Porter Robinson, Beach House, the Gaslight Anthem, Local Natives, Purity Ring, Action Bronson, Dirty Projectors, Baroness, the National, Dwight Yoakam, the Vaccines, Holy Ghost, Killer Mike, Gov’t Mule, Big K.R.I.T., Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Death Grips, Of Monsters and Men and Foals. See the full lineup below.
(via Rolling Stone)
RBMA New York announce first batch of events and guest speakers
RBMA New York is taking shape.
The Academy have announced a clutch of events taking place in the city as part of the school-cum-party series. May 2 will see Kim Gordon’s Body/Head outfit, Prurient, Stephen O’Malley, Alan Licht and Oren Ambarchi all stopping by at Queens’ Knockdown Centre. Brian Eno, meanwhile, will give an “illustrated” talk on May 6, using his 77 Million Painting audiovisual installation as inspiration. May 23 will see Afrika Bamaataa, DJ Spinn, DJ Rashad, Salva and Egyptian Lover all share a bill at Santos Party House. On May 25, James Murphy will celebrate DFA’s 12th birthday with a show at Brooklyn’s Grand Prospect Hall, centred around the premiere of documentary film 12 Years Of DFA: Too Old To Be New, Too New To Be Classic.
RBMA have also revealed a selection of the 230+ artists set to speak or perform in the city. Chief among them are: Giorgio Moroder, Nile Rodgers, Masters At Work, Flying Lotus, Erykah Badu, Tony Visconti, Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto, Mala,Four Tet, ?uestlove, Q-Tip, Pantha du Prince & the Bell Laboratory, Skream ,The Juan Maclean, Black Dice and Young Chop. Showcases are also expected from L.I.E.S. and UNO. Many more artists are yet to be announced.
Last of all, RBMA have announced they will replicate London’s highly successful Culture Clash in the city. Fool’s Gold, Young Guru & Just Blaze, Que Bajo?! and Federation Sound will all face off at the Roseland Ballroom on May 9.
RBMA New York will run from April 28 – May 31. Full details of all 34 events taking place as part of the programme will be released on March 4. Head here to see which UK musicians will be participating in the course.
(via FACT Mag)
Skream steps up for All Gone Miami 2013
Although Skream, real name Oliver Jones, will forever be synonymous with dubstep, in recent times he’s started to step away from the genre. “I’ve come so far from where I was before, but then I’ve never really been in one place,” he’s quoted as saying in a press release. “House, techno, disco…this is the music that I’m pushing and loving now. Things needed to evolve and I couldn’t be happier.”
Skream and Pete Tong have mixed a CD each, and both sides contain some exclusive material. Tong’s selection includes tracks from the likes of Jamie Jones, FCL and Pachanga Boys, while Skream’s effort features Midland, Krystal Klear and Huntleys & Palmers affiliate SOPHIE among others.
CD1 (mixed by Pete Tong)
01. Chris Malinchak – So Good
02. Monkey Safari – Hi Life (Cheeky Bold Cover)
03. Benoit & Sergio – Bridge So Far
04. Rachel Row Follow – The Step (KiNK Beat mix)
05. Maya Jane Coles – Easier To Hide
06. Jamie Jones – Road To The Studio (Fly mix)
07. Tong & Rogers – Dance With The Devil
08. Hot Natured – Assimilation (Tong & Spoon VIP)
10. Chicken Lips – He Not In (Eats Everything’s Chicken Tits Rewix)
11. Ali Love feat. Kali – Emperor (Maceo Plex’s Last Disco remix)
12. CLOSE featuring Charlene Soraia & Scuba – Beam Me Up (George FitzGerald remix)
13. Tom Flynn – Under My Control
14. Hot Since 82 – Mr Drive
15. Frankie Dep The Tattoo – I Wanted (Danny Serrano remix)
16. FCL – It’s You (San Soda’s Panorama Bar Acca version)
17. Solomun – Something We All Adore
18. Pachanga Boys – Time (Edit)
CD2 (mixed by Skream)
01. Phreek Plus One – New York Dolls
02. Maelstrom – Bipolar
03. Ferox – Gargoyle
04. Sui Generis – The Priest
05. Midland – Trace
06. Justin Martin And Ardelan – Wheelgunner
07. Duke Dumont – Street Walker
08. Miguel Campbell – Not That Kind Of Girl
09. Oscar Luweez – Get Up And Dance
10. Sui Generis – Interspace
11. J. Phlip – Coefficient
12. Infinity Ink – Infinity (Skream’s Dark Electronics remix)
13. Dusky – Nobody Else
14. Route 94 – Fly For Life
15. Krystal Klear feat. Jenna G – AddictioN
16. Breach & Dark Sky – The Click
17. Last Magpie – Pilau Rice
18. Justin Martin – Don’t Go (Dusky remix)
19. Charles B. – Lack Of Love
20. Route 94 – 21st Century Love
21. SOPHIE – Nothing More To Say (Dub)
22. Skream feat. Sam Frank – Rollercoaster
23. Celsius – Thought As Much
Defected will release All Gone Pete Tong & Skream Miami 2013 on March 18th, 2013.
(via Resident Advisor)
Azari & III reworked by Disclosure, Nicolas Jaar, Maceo Plex, and more on remix album
Dim Mak collects a few years worth of remixes on one album.
After re-releasing the debut full-length from Canadian party crew Azari & III, Steve Aoki’s Dim Mak label will release an album full of their remixes. However, with singles from Azari & III first appearing way back in 2009 and across at least four labels (Turbo, Loose Lips, Permanent Vacation, Scion), most if not all of these remixes have been around the block before. Regardless, this is as good a way as any to collect ‘em all in one go.
The cover art and tracklist are below, along with Disclosure’s remix of ‘Manic’. The Azari & III Remix Album will be released on February 25/26.
1. Reckless (with Your Love) [Tiga’s ‘What Iz House Muzik?’ Remix]
2. Manic (Maceo Plex Lost Remix)
3. Into the Night (Prince Language Remix)
4. Hungry for the Power (Jamie Jones Ridge Street Remix)
5. Manhooker (Locked Groove’s Escape to Nyc Remix)
6. Lost in Time (Jori Hulkkonen Remix)
7. Manic (Luca C Remix)
8. Indigo (Konrad Black Remix)
9. Hungry for the Power (Sei a Remix)
10. Into the Night (Nicolas Jaar Remix)
11. Hungry for the Power (Guy Gerber Day and Night Remix)
12. Reckless (With Your Love) [Riva Starr Remix]
13. Hungry for the Power (Art Department Remix)
14. Manic (Disclosure Remix)
15. Indigo (Voyeur Remix)
(via FACT Mag)
DJs Play Ball – Miami’s Red Blue Classic Basketball Game
Get ready to see your favorite DJs in a whole new light. During this year’s Winter Music Conference / Miami Music Week on Tuesday, March 19th, a charity basketball game will pit some top artists against each other in a match sure to rival the NBA All Star Games (at least in entertainment value). The “Red Blue Classic,” presented by NY based artist MANIK and Vis A Vis consulting, will be an annual event at the conference, giving away 100% of proceeds to charity. This year’s foundation is “Big Hearts for Big Dogs: Rescue and Advocacy.”
As an added bonus, our friends UGroove.tv will be filming all of the action and you’ll be able to catch it on Pulse Radio in the weeks following the event.
MANIK is the brainchild behind the games, encouraging “fellow musicians to leave the turntables behind, and take their skills to the basketball court.” Like the EDM soccer match last year (featuring Tiesto, Afrojack and more), this event adds color to the week and provides some respite from all the partying. And let’s face it, this is a group of guys who professionally stand around (behind the dj booth) or sit around (in the studio) all day. Watching them battle it out on the courts will surely be an entertaining experience. Without further ado, here’s the lineup. Which team gets your pick?
Synopsis: Some definite powerhouses here. Oscar G is known for not messing around, and Lee Foss’ extensive collection of basketball jerseys and tank tops will surely be helpful. Nikko Gibler’s ability to hear perfect pitch may allow them to decode the Blue Team’s strategies.
Synopsis: Jimmy Maheras is a big guy, definitely adding to the intimidation factor for this squad. MANIK himself is organizing the games so that may be a pretty crucial strategic advantage. Ryan Crosson and fellow Visionquesters have been channeling shamans all month in preparation for this, so the gods are likely favoring Blue at this point.
DJing for the event will be none other than Plastic Love’s Bas!
The event will take place at the Miami Beach Jewish Community Center. Beer will be served. Click the flyer for more info and ticketing!
(via Pulse Radio)