• James Blake Officially Announces Sophomore Album; Hear First Single Now
• Beyond Wonderland is back for 2013
• Thom Yorke’s Atoms for Peace announce AMOK launch parties: Actress, Throwing Snow, Shed and more support
• Sasha mixes Involv3r
• Nine Free Tracks In Honor Of J Dilla – Shigeto
James Blake Officially Announces Sophomore Album; Hear First Single Now
One of the most notable troubadours to emerge from the UK electronic scene in recent memory, James Blake has announced today the follow up to his self-titled debut LP, an album called Overgrown. Roughly two years after the release of James Blake, the singer/songwriter/producer’s latest full-length is said to showcase his “[growth] as a singer and songwriter while at the same time returning to the brain melting electronic perfection of his early releases on Hemlock and Hessle, moving way beyond any post-dubstep pigeonholes to include stunning reinterpretations of both hip-hop and house.” The album is preceded by its first single, “Retrograde,” which you can now stream below before it’s officially released on February 11 via Republic. Overgrown will be released courtesy of the same label on April 8, around the time Blake will be touring North America. You can check out those dates below.
4/17 San Francisco, CA, The Mezzanine
4/18 Santa Cruz, CA, Rio Theater
4/23 Seattle, WA, Neptune
4/24 Portland, OR, Wonder Ballroom
4/25 Vancouver, BC, Commodore
4/27 Salt Lake City, UT, Depot
4/28 Denver, CO, Ogden Theater
4/29 Kansa City, MO, Liberty Hall
5/1 Minneapolis, MN, First Avenue
5/2 Chicago, IL, Metro
5/3 Detroit, MI, Majestic Theater
5/4 Toronto, ON, Danforth Music Hall
5/6 Montreal, QB, Metropolis
5/8 Boston, MA, House of Blues
5/9 New York, NY, Terminal 5
5/11 Philadelphia, PA, TLA
5/12 Washington, D.C., 9:30 Club
5/13 Chapel Hill, NC, Cat’s Cradle
5/14 Atlanta, GA, Masquerade
Beyond Wonderland is back for 2013
Beyond Wonderland is back for the fourth time, taking place in southern California on March 16.
The line-up features some of the biggest acts in underground and mainstream electronic music including Afrojack, Maya Jane Coles, Art Department and Maceo Plex.
Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder of Insomniac, made a statement, saying: “Beyond Wonderland has grown to an incredible following over the past few years, and this new venue will allow us to present an even more imaginative setting for our fans.
“Surrounded by rolling hills and mountains, we will transform the grounds like never before with multiple stages, new features, large scale art installations and roaming performers.”
Tickets are on sale now.
Thom Yorke’s Atoms for Peace announce AMOK launch parties: Actress, Throwing Snow, Shed and more support
Atoms for Peace have announced details of their upcoming DJ gigs in London, Berlin and New York.
A five-piece band formed by Radiohead’s Thom Yorke and Nigel Goodrich, these sessions are designed to launch the group’s debut album AMOK, and feature some of the UK underground’s leading lights as support; acts that, if Yorke’s recent blog charts and radio appearances are anything to go by, have emerged as some of the Oxford singer’s recent favourites.
London’s show at Oval Space on February 22 features Actress and Throwing Snow as support, while a show at Berlin’s Berghain on March 8 features local heroes Shed and Anstam. March 14 sees Yorke and Godrich descend on New York; the special guests for that show are still to be announced. You can read FACT’s recent interview with Atoms for Peace here; tickets and full information for all three shows are available here.
(via FACT Mag)
Sasha mixes Involv3r
Sasha will release Involv3r in March.
The third Involver mix arrives five years after the second instalment, and almost a decade after the first. As with the first two mixes, the tracklist consists mostly of the Sasha’s own remixes, with one previously unreleased track, “Shoot You Down,” included too. The likes of Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka, Foals, The xx, Taragana Pyjarama and RVNG duo Blondes all feature on the first disc. The second disc sees Sasha tweak some of the same tracks into beatless compositions.
Involv3r will come out through Ministry of Sound, and in addition to the CD release there will also be a triple vinyl package featuring nine tracks from the mix. There will be an official launch party at Ministry of Sound on Saturday, March 30th, with Sasha joined on the bill by Nic Fanciulli.
01. Taragana Pyjarama feat. Kicki Halmos – Growing Forehead (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
02. ThermalBear feat. Arrow Down – Turn The Tide (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
03. Little Dragon – Crystal Film (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
04. The XX – Chained (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
05. Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka feat. Abigail Wyles – Battleships (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
06. Ultraista – Smalltalk (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
07. Ananda Project – Moment Before Dreaming (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
08. James Zabeila – The Healing (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
09. Blondes – Wine (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
10. Keep Shelley In Athens – DIY (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
11. Sasha feat. Kicki Halmos – Shoot You Down
12. Foals – Late Night (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
01. Taragana Pyjarama (Feat Kicki Halmos) – Growing Forehead (Sasha Beatless Remix)
02. ThermalBear (Feat Arrow Down) – Turn The Table (Sasha Beatless Remix)
03. Little Dragon – Crystal Film (Sasha Beatless Remix)
04. The aa – Chained (Sasha Beatless Remix)
05. Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka (Feat Abigail Wyles) – Battleships (Sasha Beatless Remix)
06. Ultraista – Smalltalk (Sasha Beatless Remix)
07. Ananda Project – Moment Before Dreaming (Sasha Beatless Remix)
Ministry Of Sound will release Sasha’s Involv3r on March 18, 2013.
(via Resident Advisor)
Nine Free Tracks In Honor Of J Dilla – Shigeto
Ghostly International artist Shigeto has created a package of nine tracks as a tribute to the late great J Dilla. Dilla, who passed away at the age of 32 on February 10th, 2006, was a pioneering hip hop producer from Detroit whose music crossed genres.
“This set was curated and inspired by J Dilla’s constant integration of countless genres and relentless output,” says Shigeto. Most of the tracks were made in an hour or less. The best part is, it’s all free. You can stream and download Shigeto’s Beats 4 Dilla for below.
(via Pulse Radio)