It’s that time of the week for The Dirt, and for this 63rd issue, I want to introduce to you our newest member to the GDD™ team, Korb. We’re providing variety and of course quality, to help bring you into the weekend. Check out the streams and commentary after the jump, then go to the GDD™ Facebook page to download the .zip with all of the tracks!
• Gotye – Somebody I Use To Know (Jakob Liedholm Remix)
You can add another to the list of rising teenage electronic music prodigies because Jakob Liedholm is proving himself worthy of premium exposure with every release. With a big room sound that rivals even the most established veterans, Jakob will only continue to produce hits and even push boundaries of genres. Go ♥ it on Hype Machine!
• Odd Parents – Fame (Catz N Dogz & Martin Dawson Sweet Saturday Remix) [Beatport]
If you prefer to GO DEEP, this one is certainly for you. This remix, brought to you by Catz N Dogz & Martin Dawson, will satisfy your need for all of those late-night/early-morning grooves you desire. Take my word for it.
• Daft Punk – High Life (Vanguard Valentine Remix)
Yes, it’s another remix of Daft Punk, but since it’s by those tasteful disco-funk boys that are Vanguard, you know it’s going to be sunset gold.
• The Weeknd – The Morning (ill-esha’s lovestep jam)
Ill-esha first got on my radar at last year’s Lightning in a Bottle and ever since, she’s always been one to look out for. It can’t get much better with her style & vibe matched with The Weeknd. Bass music goodness.
• 501 – Falling Skies (Original Mix) [Beatport]
In my NYE interview with Lenno, he gave me the heads up on the dubstep mastermind, 501. With influences such as Led Zeppelin & Pink Floyd, he seems to be taking a more unconventional approach to dubstep. Rather than exclusively focusing on raw power & energy, 501 finds precise balance between heaviness and musical value. He already has several excellent productions, so I recommend checking out the rest of his catalog in addition to this tune.
• Beck & Charlotte Gainsbourg – Paradisco (Le Crayon Remix)Le Crayon, a 20 year old Parisian, combines the best parts of French & disco house to create a melodic tune to grace your eardrums.
• Jhameel – Human Condition (Sharooz Mix)Jhameel almost served in the Korean Military and graduated college in two years from UC Berkeley (GO BEARS!) with a linguistic degree. He then used the hazy streets of Berkeley as inspiration for a music career. Last year, Jhameel rose to the top of the indie charts with “Human Condition” when he was approached by La Bombe Records head Sharooz, to do vocals on another artists track. Sharooz liked Jhameel’s work so much that he remixed Human Condition for him, transforming the indie track into a mellow electronic hit.
• Bounz – Bacon! (Bounz Original)
Dj Bounz, a member of the Austin “Bum Squad Djz,” released this song on Valentines day. “Bacon!” is a more traditional Moombahton track, filled with heavy hitting break downs which will make you want to dance.
• Casey Spooner – Cinnamon Toast (Modek Remix)
Modek released this wonder on his Facebook as a Valentines surprise for his fans. Maybe I am just in a Breakfast mood with these track names, but this Modek remix is as delicious as it sounds.
.zips on the the GDD™ Facebook page!