The time has come for the 50th edition of The Dirt, brought to you by KMOC, Toks, & sneevs. We’ve come this far and we will continue to bring you the quality tracks that you have come to associate with GDD™. Be efficient and download the files zipped for your convenience, then enjoy the bonus Spotify playlist packed full with deep house gems at the click of a button.
• Digitalism – Circles (Eric Prydz Remix) [192 kbps]
• Walter Sobcek – Miami (Pharao Black Magic Remix)
• Ferry Corsten – Check It Out (Bassjackers Remix) [192 kbps]
• Beyonce & Jack Beats – Countdown (Top Billin Party edit)
• Fatboy Slim – Ya Mama (Push The Tempo) (Moguai Remix) [192 kbps]
• Sinc, Daniel Sanchez – New Day (Original Mix) [192 kbps] [Beatport]
Deep house has really got a hold on me lately and “New Day” is part of the reason for that. It fits just about any mood, day or night, and it never lets me down.
• Cirez D, Miike Snow, Carl Louis & Martin Danielle – Glow + Animal (Carl Louis & Martin Danielle Bootleg)
Carl Louis & Martin Danielle have certainly been making a name for themselves with big progressive house that has caught the attention of many, including SIZE Records. This bootleg brings new life to the old Miike Snow song, “Animal,” with it’s vocals layered over an uplifting rendition of Cirez D’s “Glow”.
LIQUID DRUM ‘N’ BASS
• Indivision & Livewire – Won’t You Stay (ft. Tasha Baxter) [192 kbps]
Indivision & Livewire produced a track that has been my favorite liquid drum ‘n’ bass tune as of late. I love the vocals matched with perfect drums and textures.
• Rankin – You An Me
Be on the look out for a GDD™ exclusive with none other than the up and coming Rankin. In the mean time, this is a laid back remix of Vybz Kartel should do the trick.
• Poolside – Do You Believe (Goldroom Remix)
I’ve been a huge fan of the original of this tune ever since I saw Poolside at this year’s Pacific Festival. Goldroom recently released his Otoño Mix 2011 mix that featured his excellent remix. The spliced piano breakdown later in the track has me coming back for more every time.
• Salva – Obsession ft. B. Bravo
Quality headphones or speakers with a subwoofer are essential for this genre defying tune with deep low end tones. It’s always nice finding a great track in the late night hours, and this one was my latest discovery last night.
Some 50 Dirts ago, I got started by asking “How can I most efficiently put as much as possible into the ears of our dear readers?” A zip file was the clear solution, but in the year+ since, we’ve seen the global rise of streaming music services– Spotify, Rdio and Grooveshark, among others. What better opportunity than #50 to mark something new? Get Spotify, then click on the playlist below and you’re done. The Dirt will of course continue on, but be sure to comment and let us know what you’d like to see in SPOTHEADS.002.
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Space Ballad – Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs ‘sings’ Remix
Really, all my best,