Taking the London scene by storm at the moment, this is tropical house at it’s best. Sound Pellegrino is a French label founded by Orgasmic and Teki Latex, as an offshoot born out of the Institubes label. In the twelve months that Sound Pellegrino’s been around, it’s seen releases from Solo, L-Vis 1990, Brodinski’s mysterious Gucci Vump project, Bart Bmore and Nouveau Yorican. The guys are due to drop the next EP from Jean Baptiste De Laubier aka Para One in the next few months, so keep your eyes peeled for that. If this all doesn’t read like a year long success story, I don’t know what does.
Playing out under the name of the Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team, Orgasmic and Teki and are due to visit our shores in June which will see them play Arena in Hollywood on June 29th. With gigs and big releases in forthcoming months, I think it’s fair to say you can expect a whole lot more from these guys.
As they’re such nice people, they’ve given their critically acclaimed recent Raining Crystals’ mix to GDD™ for an exclusive first post…The mix which has only featured on the Sound Pellegrino blog before here, has been the 5th most downloaded session in Mixcloud history. Take a listen and you’ll soon see why…
1. Teki Latex – Answers (produced by Renaissance Man) // Sound Pellegrino
2. Martin Brothers – Duckface // Dirtybird
3. Para One – Toadstool // Sound Pellegrino
4. L-Vis 1990 & Shadz – Forever You // Night Slugs
5. Sinden & SBTRKT – Kind of Familiar // Grizzly
6. French fries – Senta (Bambounou remix) // Youngunz
7. Para one – Kiwi (Noob remix) // Sound Pellegrino
8. Teki Latex – Dinosaurs With Guns (produced by Noob) // Sound Pellegrino
9. Felix Cartal – WCD (Harvard Bass Remix) // CDR
10. Style of Eye – Puss Puss // CDR
11. Beautaucue – Cha Cha Cha // Kitsuné
12. Bobmo – Spinnin (Douster remix) // Institubes
“When I play the current house and techno music that I like to my French “banging electro” friends they think it’s minimal. When I play it to minimal DJs they think it bangs too hard. We love hard stuff when it’s creative and groovy, and we love minimalist music when it’s not boring, more serious. “ – Teki Latex