Weekend Warriors

If you thought Calvin Harris’ next single from his upcoming album was going to sound more like last year’s “Dance Wiv Me” or even “I Created Disco” (guilty as charged), think again! Calvin surprised many of us earlier this year with his first single “I’m Not Alone”, which I can only describe as…singer-songwriter trance ballad. Upon first listen of “Ready for the Weekend”, I really didn’t know what to think (except of Elton John), but it’s really starting to grow on me. Take the ultimate Gotta Dance Dirty™ challenge: try to have a bad day while listening to this song. You can win two free tickets from Jonah if you’re really having that bad of a day!
Don’t expect a snarler like “Blood Splashing” from the Fake Blood remix, but this is a must download this if you’re a fan of his remix of Little Boots‘ “Stuck on Repeat”. I love how Fake Blood has the original vocalist sing his name cuts up the “ORIGINAL acapella, and assembling the words with individual vowel and consonant sounds” for each of his remixes (source).

7 Responses to Weekend Warriors

"Ok… I need to clear something up.

People seem to think that when I do a remix, I ask the artist to record the words "Fake Blood" so I can use that in the track.

That's NOT how I do it.

In every remix I have done, the words "Fake Blood" are created by me chopping up the ORIGINAL acapella, and assembling the words with individual vowel and consonant sounds…
    No new vocals are used, only the same one heard in the original song.

And yes, even the Little Boots one was done like that."

2. Cam Francisco™ says:

Anonymous, can you find a source for that info? I'd love to include an edit for this post containing that information.

The text was copy / pasted from a blog entry on Fake Blood's MySpace page. http://www.myspace.com/welovefakeblood – oh and this is a different "anonymous" by the way.

The anonymous' are right, I'm pretty sure I read that on a blog somewhere a few months ago. On a remix like this it's pretty obvious too, Calvin Harris says 'blood' on the track and the 'fake' is pretty unconvincing. The Little Boots one is the only one that even sounds part way real imo.

5. Cam Francisco™ says:

Thanks for the heads up anonymoi, my error has been corrected.

They're not meant to sound "real" you fool.
    That's not the point – he's not trying to convince you they were actually sing like that. The fact that are are edited / spliced together – and can be heard – is part of the fun.

7. DeezNasty says:

when fake blood dj's live, he has 2 vinyls on the outside of his CDJs, which i personally think is awesome and adds to his own style

and yes the first comment by "anonymous" is true, its chopped up vocals from the song thats why they all sound different.